Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 3:49:32 AM EDT
This is my 12th move for my company, for some reason this is really stressing me out, I usually take it in stride and it's fun, since they pay for all moving and etc. Now, I feel somewhat depressed and it really feels overwhelming for me. I have been putting off packing for an awhile and the movers come here tomorrow morning and I have so much to do. It's into a new house that took 9 months to build, I know I should be happy, but my emotions go up and down.

Sorry, I just need to rant and rave.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:10:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a move planned in three years or so and i'm already dreading it, so, you ain't alone brother!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:12:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Let it all out. Consider AR15.com your personal emotional tampon.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Hang in there.

I've moved tons in my life. And i'm .mil now, so i move fairly regularly. Sweating it only makes it worse. Look forward to the new shooting ranges and gun stores you'll have . Maybe check the hometown forums and meet up with some folks from your new area.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:14:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Moving can be a major PITB. Roll with it....what you are feeling now is temporary....at least until the next time

For real, hang in there!!

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Geez, 12 moves over how many years?  Might point out that you want to be a good soldier and all but 12 moves is a little ridiculous.  Have they ever heard of an airplane and flyting you onsite weekly or telecommuting?  Many compnanies do both.  I think it would be cheaper than moving you all the time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:23:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I just did a move, now I am trying to find everything.  In the last 4 years i have moved 3 times.  It's like, oh no, not again.  

Hang in there,
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:25:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

... since they pay for all moving and etc.

... WTF? Stressed?

... I can spend other peoples money quite easily
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#8]
15 moves in the last 5 years 3 different companies, i have stuff i dont even unpack anymore and got rid of LOTS of stuff,
this last move, got rid of 6 boxes of stuff before the move and dumped 5 more while i was "unpacking" basiclly down to "neccessities of comfort" and ability to make dinner once in a while. Except the gun stuff that goes to the range every 2 weeks where ever i am and I had to leave my AR in Texas with my daughter as jail time in Kali for even thinking of owning one.
Heirlooms and family stuff, packed, used to entertain alot so have formal dining room stuff, still packed. tools i dont use often, packed. boxes of reference books, packed till needed and repacked when not.
i just got used to down sizing and keeping unimportant things out of my life.
so, i feel your pain, frustration, and offer sympthy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Supposed to be moving into our first home this weekend. Only problem is that we haven't closed on the house yet due to paper work issue and our apt contract is up on monday at noon. We may have to store everything in a Uhaul and sleep at a friends for a day or two. To add to it, we have a new born.

I keep telling my self it's worth it. At least I'll finally have my own house. Once we move in I'm turning the place into a fortress, planting a garden, maybe getting a dog, and I'm gonna start reloading in the basement.

We still haven't figured out how we want to meet the neighbors. I'm going hunting  a week or so after we move in (hopefully). If I get lucky, I'm thinking of hanging the deer in the garage with the door open while I butcher it. That aughta give me a quick impression of the people in the neighborhood based on their reaction. Meeting new people can be quite entertaining.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top