Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 12:17:30 PM EDT
Just wondering if i was the only one.

I have a small collection of movies on DVD, not too many, just a few that I really liked when they came out.

But damned if I NEVER watch the things.  During the day I will say, "oh, i wanna go home and watch that".... then I never do.

Is anyone else like that?

With the exception of Black Hawk Down... which is THE "Load-mags-while-watching" movie.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a fair sized collection and I do watch my own movies from time to time.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#2]
All the time man.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]

We repeatedly watch the DVDs the kids like, the R-rated and drama DVDs not very often. Actually, I have purchased a DVD and the only time I watched the movie was when it came on network TV, DVD remains untouched.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got more than I really want to count. But I don't have cable and get only one broadcast station, CBS, and that's fuzzy/snowy even with rabbit ear antennae. So I "watch" my DVDs and video tapes all the time. Some movies more than others, tapes less frequently than DVDs anymore. A lot of times I just have them on in the background rather than the radio.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I will usually pop in a good movie when cleaning my guns.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I own very few movies. I mostly rent, because I will watch the average movie once or twice and thats it. Back when we used mostly VHS I taped most of my keeper films off HBO.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got the bomb diggity of a DVD collection.  They are stored on a track system similar to that of a laundry line.  I just press the button to cycle through and watch what I want.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Just about everyday.  I have about 100 or so movies on VHS and probably 30 or 35 on DVD.  I tend to watch some of the same ones over and over though.  Stuff like my zombie movies on DVD - Dawn of the Dead, both the original and the remake, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Land of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2.  I like zombies.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have a small collection of movies on DVD, not too many, just a few that I really liked when they came out.

But damned if I NEVER watch the things.  During the day I will say, "oh, i wanna go home and watch that".... then I never do.

Exactly the same here. Worse, I'll even catch a favorite on cable and watch it when I could put the same picture in the DVD player and see it in much better quality.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Hoarding, that's what it's all about man. Try to get as much stuff as you can.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I just finished watching the last disc from the 2nd season of Scrubs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#13]
My Wife has hundreds of movies some tape but mostly dvd. We watch or should I say my Wife and Daughter watch movies often.  I like action or comedy but I can't handle the Chick flicks.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've got more than I really want to count. But I don't have cable and get only one broadcast station, CBS, and that's fuzzy/snowy even with rabbit ear antennae. So I "watch" my DVDs and video tapes all the time. Some movies more than others, tapes less frequently than DVDs anymore. A lot of times I just have them on in the background rather than the radio.

thats exactly my situation, are you spying on me?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly the same here. Worse, I'll even catch a favorite on cable and watch it when I could put the same picture in the DVD player and see it in much better quality.  

exactly... like when FX was playing black hawk down.....  i would watch it....

then the brain took over and said "hey, dumbshit... you OWN this movie".....  oh yeah?!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Buy a new tv. I just bought a new 50 LCD rear projection tv. I've watched like 10 movies this weekend.
It's amazing how much detail i see now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Five 80 gb drives full.. yeah, I watch enough while doing site work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hoarding, that's what it's all about man. Try to get as much stuff as you can.

I'm the opposite...the more stuff I own I feel limited by it, and I think about having to move that much shit at some point...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

exactly... like when FX was playing black hawk down.....  i would watch it....

then the brain took over and said "hey, dumbshit... you OWN this movie".....  oh yeah?!

Yep!

When the Bond-athon was on Spike, I missed the first 20 mins of Moonraker.  So I popped in the DVD.  When the DVD was over, Moonraker was still on Spike!  

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got well over 200 movies on DVD, but there's probably only around 30 or so that I actually watch.   I really don't rent much, mainly because I buy most of my movies from Pawn Shops (which sell them for $3-5 each, some still in the plastic).  

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#21]
...and let all this go to waste? I think not!

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#22]
For some reason, movies are better, and music sounds better, when it's broadcast.

Sometimes when a favorite song is on the radio when I pull into a parking spot, I sit in the car and listen until it's over... even if I have the CD with the same song in the car with me.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/watermark.php?file=500/28399TV19-med.jpg

if i didnt know better...I would swear your a college student..or maybe a recent grad...cuz that looks like my old undergrad place....only I am in Tx...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if i didnt know better...I would swear your a college student..or maybe a recent grad...cuz that looks like my old undergrad place....only I am in Tx...

Sorry, you don't. That's the living room of my $175,000 house.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I have watched a few of mine several times but others never.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I have about 100 DVDs and 50 PS2 games, I barely use them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I own approximately 100 DVD's and somewhere around 100 VHS tapes. I don't have cable or satelite so I watch them regularly.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I have quite a few. Some I have never seen, others I've practically worn out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#29]
when I do buy a DVD I usually watch it 10-20 times within the first couple of weeks. Then I get sick of it and dont watch for about a year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#30]
The purpose of buying movies on DVD is so you never have to watch them again.

If they ever come on TV, your reaction will be that you won't want to watch it, because you could just as easily watch it on DVD at a time of your own choosing. But, of course, the odds that you will actually drag it out to watch it (for the fifteenth time) is low. Therefore, owning the DVD makes a good excuse not to watch it.

You just have to understand the logic of your own thinking.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I have quite a few. Some I have never seen, others I've practically worn out.

I don't think we're talking about the pRono ones!  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#32]
i abhor most broadcast telivision
save for FOX, Disc, DHC, Hist, Mil, TLC, Court
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Shit guys I have a cabinet and a rack of movies that I think haven't been touched in years.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I have maybe 2 DVDs which were given to me as presents. I mostly rent. I am going to buy Band of Brothers though
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, you don't. That's the living room of my $175,000 house.

$175,000? That's what he said, beginner house. You need a bigger tv to enjoy those movies.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Any movie worth renting is worth owning - Otherwise, it's simply not worth 2 hours of my time.

I'd rather watch one good movie 100 times than watch 100 bad movies one time, and my movie collection reflects that philosophy: quality over quantity.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#37]
how many times can a DVD be played before wearing out? 100? 300? 1000?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#38]
All the time,  we don't have cable, but we do have close to 1800 titles on DVD and VHS.

It's what we do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top