Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/18/2005 8:47:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 8:47:26 AM EDT by GA-Dawg]
Rented "The Marksman."

IT WAS HORRIBLE! Anyway, what were the guns that Snipes and his crew were carrying? Also, the second in command of the Chechen rebels had a awesome AK. What was it? It had a long single lower front stock(didn't appear to have an upper) and a shortened barrel. Also had a side folding stock like those found on the Tantals. Any clues???
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:48:57 AM EDT
lol, i did the same thing last night and was going to post how bad the movie was.

they're American special ops carrying what looked like uzi's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:00:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By david_g17:
lol, i did the same thing last night and was going to post how bad the movie was.

they're American special ops carrying what looked like uzi's.

Yeah, they looked like uzi's but I don't think they were. I was hoping to see a mag change to see how they operated. No luck. Entire movie...no mag changes... Any clue on the Ak?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:01:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:05:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sylvan:

What, the movie or the thread?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:09:51 AM EDT
So...it was about the USA & Russia vs. the Chechen rebels terrorists, right?

Scott
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:14:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:23:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:01:26 AM EDT
Yes, a horrible, horrible movie. They called Snipes "Daywalker" in the Blade series... in this one he's the "Sleepwalker." Notice how he's never even referred to as "The Marksman" -- only as "The Painter"?

Aa for the weird subguns, all signs point to some kind of mutant Uzi:

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:32:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -brass-:
Scooting it....

Sorry, I was at a loss as to where to put it. It was from a movie, but concerned the guns there in...wasn't sure what would be the right spot. Also didn't know if the gun buffs would be as likely to check it out in the movie forum. Thanks for the help. Sorry to those that I offended by putting it in the GD!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:34:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/18/2005 3:35:05 PM EDT by GA-Dawg]

Originally Posted By Zuma:
Yes, a horrible, horrible movie. They called Snipes "Daywalker" in the Blade series... in this one he's the "Sleepwalker." Notice how he's never even referred to as "The Marksman" -- only as "The Painter"?

Aa for the weird subguns, all signs point to some kind of mutant Uzi:

home.comcast.net/~zumawolf/wsb/media/137884/site1103.jpg

Yeah, probably because nobody would know what it was if they called him "The Painter."
Anyway, I wish some true AK buffs would step up and ID that AK. Hey Zuma, you don't have a screen pic of that AK do ya???
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:32:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:53:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GA-Dawg:

Yeah, probably because nobody would know what it was if they called him "The Painter."
Anyway, I wish some true AK buffs would step up and ID that AK. Hey Zuma, you don't have a screen pic of that AK do ya???

Sorry Dawg, I was too confused about the "Oozies" to notice anything else.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:34:15 AM EDT

Snipes must be getting short of cash to get involved with this pile of pants!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:13:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:40:20 AM EDT
Wesley is now on the Dolph Lundgren, Steven Segal straight to video path. There are about 4 new release Snipes films at the local video hut that I have never heard of before.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:17:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 10:18:11 AM EDT by Bunnyassassin]
Yup! Didn't know Lundgren was still acting, most of his films can be bought on Play.com for less than a fiver? As for "Seagull", his last one "Into the Sun" followed the same lines as his last 6.......... Tosh!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:21:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hollowhandle:
Wesley is now on the Dolph Lundgren, Steven Segal straight to video path. There are about 4 new release Snipes films at the local video hut that I have never heard of before.

Lets hope Blade 4 will save his career!

Not­e to Blade fans- I do not know if there is going to be a Blade 4. It’s a joke!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:29:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 10:30:24 AM EDT by Bunnyassassin]

Originally Posted By Alien:

Originally Posted By hollowhandle:

Lets hope Blade 4 will save his career!

Note to Blade fans- I do not know if there is going to be a Blade 4. It’s a joke!

Blade: Quadruped ????? possibly having Vampire sheep roaming about the place?

Blade Trinity sucked ass big time, I thought the first 2 were ok, but the third clutched at more straws than bailer..........
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:35:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 1:35:53 PM EDT by GA-Dawg]

Originally Posted By Bunnyassassin:
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/bunnyassassin/ak.jpg

i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/bunnyassassin/ak1.jpg

Snipes must be getting short of cash to get involved with this pile of pants!

That's it Bunnyassassin! Thanks! I don't think I could describe that too easily. And yes, I was thinking the same thing(about being low on cash). However, I have other reasons for thinking he's low on cash. I have a friend who's a police officer in FLA. Said he stopped Snipes one night on his bike. Noticed he was acting strange and searched him (this is about 10 years ago) Said he found an ounce of the white stuff. Snipes was really cool about it he said...didn't front on the drugs....said they were his and all and he was just going ot a party at his family member's house about a block away. Anyway, guy let him walk...but got a few autographs first. Don't really agree with letting him go, but...that's what this guy said he did. Not saying it's fact...just relaying the story... I'd prefer to think that the guy was telling a lie. I like Snipes a lot as an actor. For his sake I hope it's not the case.

Anyway...ANYONE KNOW THAT AK???
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:51:37 PM EDT
C'mon you guys, you don't have to be an expert to IDentify that AK- it is a Hollywood chop job just like the UZI's with the pistol grips relocated behind the mag well. Gheezus. My friend brought that piece of shit movie over last weekend, and him knowing I am an AK guru said, awe man you gotta see this Wesley Snipes movie the Marskman, they did an awesome job with the guns in this movie and the Chechnya scenes too....I don't know who they hired to consult on this movie, but he is a bad-ass....

Earlier that week, I had seen the box cover at Blockbuster and wondered why a movie called "Marksman" would have a guy on the cover with an "Uzi". But anyways, my friend does digital graphics, and knows AKs very well, so what the heck...

So then the movie starts and as soon as that fricking wood fore-armed piece of hollywood shit comes on the screen I go, WTF is THAT!!???? and him and all his friends start laghing their asses off at me...

That movie was a fricking joke in EVERY aspect. I am a student of the Chechnya conflict too, and boy,
NOBODY did any research for this film at all... Do not waste your time.

At least Lord of War (we had just watched it before watching this dog pile) had real Russian AKs in there, even if some Russian soldiers occasionally carried Chinese ones...

-C
Top Top