Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:54:59 PM EDT
Saw  this movie last night. Very nice guns in the movie, but very anti-gun in all.

Big thimbs down  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I like how it starts with the 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you bring it up, im watching it right now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yea, I need to find an arms dealer that can get me a few machines that produce 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Saw  this movie last night. Very nice guns in the movie, but very anti-gun in all.

Big thimbs down  

It was an OK movie.  But I do not think that it is all bad or any good.  International arms dealers can be shadey, just look at the Russians and Chinese!  We arm people to stay alive.  They arm people to conquer.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
OMO, it was a deccent movie for gun lovers  but its just going to get the anit gun liberals up in arms trying to ban the kalashnikov style rifles for civilians.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
There are guns for good guys, guns for bad guys. Firearms in child soldiers in africa is definately bad ju-ju

The issue of firearms is more complicated then them being "good" and "bad".
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
There are guns for good guys, guns for bad guys. Firearms in child soldiers in africa is definately bad ju-ju

The issue of firearms is more complicated then them being "good" and "bad".

I disagree.  
Don't you think they have the right to defend themselves?  
To revolt against corrupt or oppressive Govts?

This is all about the UN attempt to limit small arms. Why? Because that way they can all stay in power. Those in power are glad to let other scum remain in power provided it will guarantee their ability to do the same. In their wildest dream the American Revolution could never have taken place.

You people really need to see beyond your nose.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#9]

We arm people to stay alive. They arm people to conquer.

No doubt that they say the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, I need to find an arms dealer that can get me a few machines that produce 7.62x39.

All you need are bullets and brass coins!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

We arm people to stay alive. They arm people to conquer.

No doubt that they say the same thing.

Uh, dude...the 5th Column is that way---->
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#12]
jarheads: Africa is a vastly, vastly different social and political playgroudn then the rest of the world. Your arguments work great in a American setting. The 2nd ammendment guarantees our rights to bear arms, so that in the time of need, the people/militia would be able to overthrow the now corrupt government.

Government is a joke in Africa. If you study a little about African history, we basically began the current strife through colonization. Africa's cultures are still undeveloped, and extremely tribal. Hence, cutting up some land and calling it a country made things a bit of a mess, you see... Though we in America can be of any color, religion, and ethnicity and be fine to call ourselves "American", you'll be hard pressed to find Africans willing to sacrifice their tribal identities for a national identity. Hence... why their governments are usually nothing more than tribes fighting each other for power, and why they are always in war.

Arms proliferation can be bad news when it fans conflicts and when it arms our enemies, mmmmmkay?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw it a few days ago.  Quite predictable.  Neat simulation of manufacture of ammunition, but I knew exactly where it was going.  Sure as shit, round gets loaded and hits some kid in the forehead.

The overriding principle of the whole thing seemed to be that if no one sold guns to people they wouldn't kill each other.  Nick Cages character mentions that they will either get guns elsewhere or kill eachother in other ways (and rightfully so), but everytime he does, he comes off sounding like a jerk.

Also, it was obvious from the moment he asked his brother to go on "the one last deal" (how many times have we seen this?), that the deal would somehow go bad and his brother would get killed.

That whole part with the "as soon as we sell these guys guns their gonna kill all those people" was completely ludicrous.  If they didn't sell to them, I could think of a dozen ways they could do it, all of those people ending up dead every time.

Movie sucks.  Even the bits of morbid humor couldn't save it.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All you need are bullets and brass coins!

I said something similar among a group of friends. Commenting on the lack of primer and powder.

They all agreed that i "Can't simply enjoy a fucking movie without tearing it apart."
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I was dissapointed.  I thought it would be funnier.

I want my 2hrs back.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
jarheads: Africa is a vastly, vastly different social and political playgroudn then the rest of the world. Your arguments work great in a American setting. The 2nd ammendment guarantees our rights to bear arms, so that in the time of need, the people/militia would be able to overthrow the now corrupt government.

Government is a joke in Africa. If you study a little about African history, we basically began the current strife through colonization. Africa's cultures are still undeveloped, and extremely tribal. Hence, cutting up some land and calling it a country made things a bit of a mess, you see... Though we in America can be of any color, religion, and ethnicity and be fine to call ourselves "American", you'll be hard pressed to find Africans willing to sacrifice their tribal identities for a national identity. Hence... why their governments are usually nothing more than tribes fighting each other for power, and why they are always in war.

Arms proliferation can be bad news when it fans conflicts and when it arms our enemies, mmmmmkay?

No it ain't fucking okay, okay.
And you are not the only one to know a few things about history.
Tribal?   NOLA/Katrina  
I suppose because of that we shouldn't have the RKBA.
FWIW, I have no doubt you actually do believe that as you are clearly a DU

Government is a joke in Africa.

No shit, Sherlock.
All the more reason people should be armed and able to revolt. Unquestionably the gov't there will be armed and the UN ain't going to do shit to stop it.

Arms proliferation can be bad news when it fans conflicts and when it arms our enemies

Our enemies there are armed by our other enemies and that ain't going to stop anytime soon. Mmmkay?

Tell it to the Rwandans.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I like Nick Cage He was awesome in that movie where they stole cars!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#19]

The 2nd ammendment guarantees our rights to bear arms

NO, it really doesn't, especially since your gov't largely ignores it anyway. An armed populance willing to do what is necessary is what guarantees liberty.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The 2nd ammendment guarantees our rights to bear arms

NO, it really doesn't, especially since your gov't largely ignores it anyway. An armed populance willing to do what is necessary is what guarantees liberty.

Exactly. The only rights you really have are the ones you are willing to fight for.

I will add:

Quoted:

You would remove that option from others who yearn to be free?
Or from those who are opposed to being butchered?

You are a true humanitarian.
Another 5th Column infiltrator.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Just finished watching it.
It was o.k., just too much pc anti-gun bullshit for me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I liked it
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I liked the quote on AK...

"Of all the weapons in the vast soviet arsenal, nothing was more profitable than Avtomat Kalashnikova model of 1947, more commonly known as the AK-47, or Kalashnikov. It's the worlds most popular assault rifle. A weapon all fighters love. An elegantly simple 9 pound amalgamation of forged steel and plywood. It doesn't break, jam, or overheat. It'll shoot whether it's covered in mud or filled with sand. It's so easy, even a child can use it... and they do. The Soviets put the gun on a coin. Mozambique put it on their flag. Since the end of the Cold War, the Kalashnikov has become the Russian people's greatest export. After that comes vodka, caviar and suicidal novelists. One thing is for sure... no one was lining up to buy their cars."

Edit: It's "stamped sheet of steel" not "forged steel."
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it ain't fucking okay, okay.
And you are not the only one to know a few things about history.
Tribal?   NOLA/Katrina  
I suppose because of that we shouldn't have the RKBA.
FWIW, I have no doubt you actually do believe that as you are clearly a DU

Government is a joke in Africa.

No shit, Sherlock.
All the more reason people should be armed and able to revolt. Unquestionably the gov't there will be armed and the UN ain't going to do shit to stop it.

Arms proliferation can be bad news when it fans conflicts and when it arms our enemies

Our enemies there are armed by our other enemies and that ain't going to stop anytime soon. Mmmkay?

Tell it to the Rwandans.

I think about this every time I see the movies on the massacre s in namibia.  I was reading an article about these "children of the night" that have to walk ten miles a night to sleep in this center so they don't get kidnapped and forced to be soldiers in the Gods Freedom Army of Dumbasses or whatever.

I get feeling really bad and sad for the country but then I get thinking, if they would all have AK47's,  not just the freaking rebels, they wouldn't have to walk all night just to sleep safe.  Another gun control failure.

I know if my kids were in danger, my neighbors and I would keep any rebels at quite a long distance and give them hell if they got very close.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top