Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2009 9:27:24 AM EDT
So, let me start from the beginning...We have only been living in this house for about 2 years. Last week I was up pretty late, around 2330, and I start hearing this weird scratching noise. I tracked it to the divider wall between my kitchen and my garage. the next day I was in the garage and I seen a small house mouse scurry behind the fridge...at this point I wanted to grab my old trusty Marlin .22, load it with rat shot and have some good ol redneck fun, but the wife pitched a fit. So I went down to the local hardware store and grabbed a 4 pack of the best traps on the market...Victor. I put a little peanut butter on em and strategically placed them in my garage and attic. I went out a little earlier today and 2 of the traps scored while the other 2 hadn't been touched. Here is a look at my score...

This poor little bastard was behind the fridge...

and this trap is going to get framed with a plaque next to it in the garage...

In the second pic you can see the mess the little shits have made in the garage, damn sheet rock and insulation all over the place...not any more.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:40:44 AM EDT
Bravo, Bravo!!!  Never have seen a two fer.  That ought to help keep the snakes away too.  
Good thing you don't have pack rats.  Then its big dogs and pellet guns.  
Pellet gun to slow them down and big dog to put them out of your misery.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:43:20 AM EDT
Yeah!!!!!!  You da man!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:45:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:49:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2009 9:50:14 AM EDT by PaperStreet]
Backup the traps with some electronic pest repellers. The aren't supposed to work through walls, but I think they do to some extent. Make sure you buy enough for full coverage as I had one slip through the perimeter [blind spots] this winter.

Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:54:57 AM EDT
I'd clean that area up with bleech and maybe nuke it from orbit just to be sure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 9:56:06 AM EDT
Good kill. Especially that 2 for the price of one kill.
Top Top