Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 8:31:15 AM EDT
Last night Im sitting in a chair in the living room reading my book and I see a mouse scamper by in the kitchen.  I thought I was just seeing things, after all I am a lightweight and I'd had a drink or 2.  I get back to reading and I see it scamper by again.  Now I know Im not just seeing things bc Im tipsy.  Let's just say that if i didnt mind mice, i'd have had a royal FIT!  Good thing.  I call into the bedroom at my hubby who is hogging ARFCOM, "Hey sweetie, I think we have a mouse.  And we shall call him scamper."  My husband who is not so sober, comes running into the living room.  "WHERE IS THE LITTLE BASTERED!  DONT WORRY HUNNY, I'LL GET'EM!!!"  he goes around our house gathering these items as his mouse hunting tools:

Having gotten him off the computer, I quickly run for my fix while he is trying to take care of Scamper.  I hear all kinds of noises, pumping, slams, glass breaking... You know, the usual sounds of a drunk man trying to catch something.  I finally hear him say, "HAH, I GOT YOU YOU LITTE FUCKER!"  Now I decide to see what damage he has done.  I walk into our little kitchen, and see that the frig stove and dishwasher are all out of their holes.  He looked at me with the beer in one hand and the hammer in the other and said, "dont worry hunny, i think I got him."  Our kitchen got put back together and I still dont know if he got the mouse or not.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 8:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
did you at least draw down?  Ive got a pellet gun sitting around for situations like that the neighbors tend to get pissed when a few rounds of 00 buck come crashing through the wall
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 1:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]
That's funny.    A hammer for a mouse?    Ewwwww.....messy.  I hope he cleaned it up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I still dont know if he got Scamper or if he just said that he got him.  You know, "you girl.  Me man." thing.  

It was just really funny.  Mind you he was doing all of this in his undies.  I got a pic of it, but he'd be REALLY mad if i posted it.

mrs. snaps
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#6]
What, no "KILL IT WITH FIRE" responses?

I must be early.

Thanks for the laugh though, S_S.

If you want to save your kitchen, and a possible trip to the emergency room, invest in one of these:

Plus think about all the psychological damage you did to Mr. S_S by severing his ARFCOM lifeline.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#7]
You do know that the mouse will soon encourage another intruder, and he will not have any legs (or shoulders).
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the "I think we have a mouse. And we shall call him scamper."

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I love the "I think we have a mouse. And we shall call him scamper."

I make endearments for everything.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You do know that the mouse will soon encourage another intruder, and he will not have any legs (or shoulders).

thats not funny.  now when my hubby asks why im having nightmares, I'll tell him it's all your fault!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#12]
come on now - it is getting cold out side, and the little guy got no where to go.

(just that time of the year)

set some traps and be done with it.  I always use peanutbutter - they never get away.

Later,

badredfish
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#13]
 RUN Mouse RUN for your life!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#15]
SCAMPER AND FRIENDS ARE ALIVE!!!

We went away for the weekend and left out some fruit on the table.  came home and half of 2 apples are totally eaten.  And there is mouse poop all over our counters.    MOUSE POOP.

Bad day!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#16]
The last mouse I had in the house ran behind a cabinet.  I rolled out the refrigerator and could see the little beast.

My fiancée basically will not occupy a house with a mouse.  Like it will kill us in our sleep or something.

So... I get my Beeman/Webley Tempest pellet pistol and go on a mouse hunt.  I hear behind me as I take slack up on the trigger... "you will never hit it!".  I am aiming at a beast about 12 feet from me in a space about 5/8 inch wide.  Having to stand in a doorway and cant the air pistol to get a sight picture on the beast.

One shot... one mouse!

I asked Sharon if I could have it mounted and display it as a hunting trophy.  It was not a short answer... but the short answer was NO!

good hunting!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Whatever you do, do not put out the poison bait. They will eat it and die and begin to rot in a most unaccessable place. Been there, done that!! Get the traps that spin them into a box. It's kinda like a roach motel but for mice. I think HD or Lowe's may carry them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Somebody needs a cat.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Somebody needs a cat.

maybe

my cat used to kill moles, but she brought a live rat into the house and proceeded to play CHASE with it  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Somebody needs a cat.

She said she had a mouse, not that she wanted to cook dinner.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I found the Victor Quick Set mouse traps work great in the kitchen for catching mice.
The sort of look like a potato chip bag clip.  
They are easy to set because you just pinch them open to set them.  They work great when set up against the backsplash of your counter top where the little critters like to run along.  I put a little bit of peanut butter in them as the bait.  You can get a package of two traps for about $4.00.
Happy hunting!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:59:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The last mouse I had in the house ran behind a cabinet.  I rolled out the refrigerator and could see the little beast.

My fiancée basically will not occupy a house with a mouse.  Like it will kill us in our sleep or something.

So... I get my Beeman/Webley Tempest pellet pistol and go on a mouse hunt.  I hear behind me as I take slack up on the trigger... "you will never hit it!".  I am aiming at a beast about 12 feet from me in a space about 5/8 inch wide.  Having to stand in a doorway and cant the air pistol to get a sight picture on the beast.

One shot... one mouse!

I asked Sharon if I could have it mounted and display it as a hunting trophy.  It was not a short answer... but the short answer was NO!

good hunting!!

Awesome!!!    GREAT hunting!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top