Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2001 9:58:42 PM EDT
For you CCW holders, do you carry while riding out on the trails?  What holster systems do you recommend?  I bike through some cougar country and pack a Glock 20.
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock 30 goes everywhere with me. In the woods it rides in Galco Fletch or Bianchi M9.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Around here we have dirtballs cooking drugs in the middle of nowhere.  Heavily armed paranoid dirtballs.

I used to carry a Beretta 21 in .22 LR.  But eventually I figured out that was a bit puny so I carry a Glock 27 on the bike just like most places.  And on a mountain bike is one place where wearing a fanny pack doesn't necessarily scream "GUN" to the general public.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry a Ruger SP101 357mag w 3" barrel in a nylon holster when mountain biking.

357mag
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 6:28:05 AM EDT
[#4]
mountain bikes? hell, what about us roadies???

i'ld carry a stainless 1911 on a back/shoulder rig. the way ohio driver treat cyclists, i should probably get tony rumore to design me a big bore, hi-cap pistol!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]
CampyBob,

What brand of holster? I to road ride and am having a devil of time trying to decide on what to use.

My main problem is that here in AZ it is so damn hot, I don't always wear a jacket (always a helmet thought) and don't know what to use.

But when I do wear a jacket, I would like a have something under my jacket. BTW I carry a G17, G19, G26 depending on where I am going.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a new bike. It's a Colnago custom with an M4 built into the top tube.
[img]http://members-http-1.rwc1.sfba.home.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/Col15.jpg[/img]

I really carry my Kahr P9 in my hydration pack. It's hard to get to when needed but I haven't figured out a better way to carry it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Bunghole, do you find it's hard to aim that thing?

Maybe you should post that in the P-51 thread.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in bear/cat country and carry a 625 Mountain Gun in .45 ACP, with reloads, in a large Galco fanny pack.  I like fanny packs on the bike as, like Chairborne says, it doesn't scream GUN!  It's also out of the way and you have rapid access to it while riding.  I've never enjoyed carrrying a holstered handgun on a bike.  Just does something to the balance.

CB
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I was thinking of posting a topic like this as well...  glad to see there are other mountain bikers out there.

There are 2 things that I fear on the trails. The first is some dirtball crackhead who wants to part me from my Gary Fisher.  The second is a rabid dog or other critter that wants to sink its teeth into my calf.  I was thinking fanny pack and then I could carry either of my Sigs (P228 in 9mm or P220 in .45).  

Any recommendations on a good fanny pack that doesn't have "Gun Toter" written all over it?

Regards,
SOL
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I was considering a chest-mounted carry-all pouch with a built-in universal holster.

[url]http://store2.blackhawkindustries.com/cgi-bin/storenew.pl?setup=1&page=/new/fcat.html&cart_id=[/url]

Anybody have experience with this product?  I think it would be easily accessible and concealable under a fleece vest.

EDITED to fix link
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#11]
guzzler, i was going hypothetical. in 24 years of road racing, i would have killed...oh...let's see...about 288 idiots. MINIMUM!

i don't carry while riding. first of all, i would be way too tempted to "serve and protect" my fellow cyclists from the perils of braindead, rude and obnoxious, cellphone wearing, burger gnawing, unattentive, makeup appling, wacked out drugaholic, cheeseating, redneck drivers in ohio! (did i leave anyone out? lol!)

i would have been in the big house for retaliation...several times a week, if i were armed.

bunghole, SWEET colnago brother! but i hope i'm not seeing shimamo hanging off that fine italian ride! they don't call me CAMPYbob for nuthin'!!! and i hope i'm not staring at clincher tires! naughty on you! the sewup police have been notified!

i have a colnago "profile cx"...indented slx, in sarroni red...and mine sports campy super record and kalashnikov's ak-74! of course, i mounted mine on the cinalli stem for more positive fire control when those carloads of punks think they got away with a mirror brush job! heheh!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:07:34 PM EDT
[#12]
btw, guzzler, i trained for a summer (that's right...june, july and august!) based out of tuscon, back in the early '70's. that was before multiple bottle braze ons. damn! i used to head out with a bottle on the bike and 3 more in my jersey!

dry heat, my ass! it's just plain HOT!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Those are Ritchey pedals. I prefer the SPD style cleat because I ride with mountain shoes. And yes, those are clinchers. I'm not ready for sew-ups. The frame is a VIP, a pretty cheap Columbus 7005 affair. From now on I am sticking with Italian rides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top