Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2004 5:23:31 PM EDT
Here's mine. 2000 Specialized Rockhopper Comp FSR with upgraded 105 mm Manitou Xvert Super, Mavic Crosslink wheelset, Avid mechanical disc brakes, IRC Mythos tires and Selle Italia gel seat. It's heavy but a sweet trail bike, the suspension, brakes and handling are great.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got trek I bought used for $100. I keep it in the back of my pickup as emergency transportation just in case my truck breaks down.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
... Cannondale Super-V w/Moto 100mm FR Head Shok

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool. I've always thought the Super V is one of the best looking bikes on the trail. Nice bike!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Kona Nunu.  Don't hear much about Kona anymore, but I love this bike

But real men ride BMX, and this is my pride & joy (although you wouldn't know it by the rust)
Specialized Fatboy (cruiser size) with front brakes and 3-piece cranks, not to mention custom hubs & wheels
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Here is mine.

And its one thing to have a bike, another is how you use it.

I am going here next week.

Poison Spider Mesa.

another view

Only pussies ride little dirt paths through the woods.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Noting too special.  I don't like clipless pedals, and I prefer front suspension only.

Gary Fisher Tassajara w/XT components and an on board wireless computer.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys have some nice hardtails but I'm old and have to have a shock under my A**.

Legs, looks like an awesome riding destination, hope you have a great time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Here's mine. 2000 Specialized Rockhopper Comp FSR with upgraded 105 mm Manitou Xvert Super, Mavic Crosslink wheelset, Avid mechanical disc brakes, IRC Mythos tires and Selle Italia gel seat. It's heavy but a sweet trail bike, the suspension, brakes and handling are great.

www.hunt101.com/img/150945.jpg

Hey, I have one of those, only different....

After painting my rifle, I had some OD left over.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img26.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/DSC02247.jpg

Thats pretty cool.

I have my old mountain bike from collage that I plan on sending up to Brasspile.
He will paint it in urban camo for me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Picutred is the exact same bike with the exact same color as seen being used by "the red baron".

All the parts are original, minus the different set of Bontrager Jones Tires than it came with. Not to mention a different crank, since the original crank wore down to much to fit the chain a few years ago.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have my old mountain bike from collage that I plan on sending up to Brasspile.

What exactly do you learn in Collage?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#12]

2003 Specialized Epic with Fox Fork

The "brain" really does work - like a hartail on the climbs, like a full suspension when you need it.

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Here's mine. You don't expect my to peddle with a bad knee do you?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

img26.photobucket.com/albums/v77/jsinz/DSC02247.jpg

Whoa! An OD Specialized. Cool. If you like the frameset hang on to it. Specialized doesn't have anything constructed like it anymore (although the new FSR's are awesome). I spent $$$ on upgrades because I liked the basic frameset so well. The longer travel fork fixed my major gripe, the low bottom bracket causing slammed petals. The 2000 Rockhopper FSR was a great bike at it's price point. Thanks for the pic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Specialized Stumpjumper with matrix frame.  Nothing special after that.  Picture at the top of Saddleback Mountain in Orange County after riding up 11 mile trail around 6%.  I'm on the left, Louis, the actual bike racer amongst us on the right.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
home.socal.rr.com/glangston/Louis%20and%20I%20Saddleback.tif

Specialized Stumpjumper with matrix frame.  Nothing special after that.  Picture at the top of Saddleback Mountain in Orange County after riding up 11 mile trail around 6%.  I'm on the left, Louis, the actual bike racer amongst us on the right.

Red X
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't post pics, but I got a 2003 Rockhopper Comp as a carryover this year. I've been riding it a lot during my layoff and am very happy with it. I've been planning to do an OD paint job on it, haven't gotten around to it. One thing's for sure, bikes have changed a lot since I was in highschool!

Dave
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Well I dont have a pic of mine, but here is a stock pic. Its a '03 Norco Drop. Love it! i just need to ride more now that the weather is good.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One thing I learned was correct grammar.

You should have asked, "What exactly did you learn in Collage"?
As in past tense.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

One thing I learned was correct grammar.

You should have asked, "What exactly did you learn in Collage"?
As in past tense.

I think,,,, he was actually refering to your spelling of College.

I've never been much of a mountain bike fan, but that could change I suppose.

I prefer to do battle with 18 wheelers, Winston Wolf type, cycling hating drivers, broken glass and rumble strips on either my Trek 5500 or 2300.

I wouldn't mind getting my 5500 frame and fork done up in some sort of urban digital camo job, but I'd get creamed for sure, and the driver would say "I never saw the guy".

Jay
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#21]
my XC ride Jamis Dakar with full XTR and Avid cable disc brakes (check out the monster garage caliper mount on the rear subframe)

my dirt jumper  Specialized FSR  with 5" travel Manitou fork and Hayes hydraulic disc brake

My BMX dirt jumper/racer

my back yard
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Not mine, but IF Deluxe, full XTR, Hope Disc, Blah, Blah, Blah

Once again not mine due to no digi cam, but built up with Dura Ace, Ultegra, XTR mix, Blah Blah Blah

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#23]

02 Specialized Enduro Expert FST.  Good all-purpose set of wheels.  I use it for trail and downhill.  Rear shock went TU pretty quick but the upgrade has been goin strong.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Stock pick of mine; Cannondale F600. It's even the same color...

If you really want the specs they can be found here

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I've got trek I bought used for $100. I keep it in the back of my pickup as emergency transportation just in case my truck breaks down.

I was wondering if anyone else did that.  

I keep my huffy in the bed of my truck.  It's alternative transportation (even with the front rim bent, and the brakes only work when they want to) that I can be sure will still be in there when I get out of class.  

ETA: You guys have some really nice bikes.  

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
www.york-cycleworks.co.uk/images/Trek2003/fuel98.jpg

www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2002/images/mountain/bikes/stp_400_lg_photo.jpg

Not mine, but IF Deluxe, full XTR, Hope Disc, Blah, Blah, Blah
www.openroadbicycles.com/images/deluxe_mountain.gif

Once again not mine due to no digi cam, but built up with Dura Ace, Ultegra, XTR mix, Blah Blah Blah
www.ifbikes.com/img/frames/planet_cross/steel_380x310.jpg

I am curious as to what XTR Parts you have on your road bike
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:36:44 AM EDT
[#28]
It is cyclocross bike, with XTR Crank (48x38x28), XTR Front and rear Der., Dura Ace Hubs laced to open pros, Ultegra Shifters, and an Independent Fabrications planet cross frame and fork.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#29]
damn camera is in storage but I've got 3 bikes

Lemond Poprad cyclocross set up with road tires

Ellsworth Truth, all XTR, ringle hubs, mavic wheels, Marzocchi fork as a regular trailbike.

Santa Cruz Bullit set up for downhill, XTR, Raceface, Azonic bars, Thompson post, 04' Marzocchi Shiver, Hadley hubs, floating brake, Hayes discs, couple sets of different tires for different conditions.

Wanna Race?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top