Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/1/2005 7:42:20 AM EDT
like all companies it seems, their cs is in India and of course their accent is hard to understand and if you ask questions not on there computer they refocus and ignore that question, so damn funny! btw, i called because my bluetooth headset is going funky.

i know circuit city does the same thing, they lost a $7k Plasma tv order because his Indian accent was the worst and I give up after 10 mins of asking him the same question.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:44:21 AM EDT
Yup, that's why I'm working in Kuwait because my old helpdesk job I had with Shell got sent to India.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:48:33 AM EDT
Where have you been? I's say MOST technical support is based out of India. They'll work for 10% of what US workers will, they dont call in sick and wont sue because you dont have their favorite soda in the softdrink machine.

I worked for a little while at a well know online computer reseller and their tech-support guys were making like $60,000/year to walk around in dirty jeans, call in sick all the time and demand more bonuses.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:05:06 AM EDT
If you call for any technical support now you get someone from India, 15 people i have talked to from linksys guess what nationality, my fil dialasys sp? doctor is from india. One ( tech support guy from india) i talked to about a linksys router the guy was giving me a step by step out of A Manual, i could tell because i could hear the pages flipping and he would pause. Shit i could do that. Outsourcing shit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:08:45 AM EDT
These are not work safe due to language.

Foamy Tech Support I

Foamy Tech Support II
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:35:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mayday:
Where have you been? I's say MOST technical support is based out of India. They'll work for 10% of what US workers will, they dont call in sick and wont sue because you dont have their favorite soda in the softdrink machine.

I worked for a little while at a well know online computer reseller and their tech-support guys were making like $60,000/year to walk around in dirty jeans, call in sick all the time and demand more bonuses.

Most of my department's jobs are going away. We all received job offers to relocate to India, some town called Gorgan or something like that. Pay was just under $30k, USD. I think your 10% guess is off.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:47:58 AM EDT
Looks like the only recourse you have now is to go back to the seller and raise hell for a refund.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:52:30 AM EDT
Until Americans start boycotting companies that export jobs to india this will continue to be the case.

For example: Dell and HP had all call centers in India. Dell put there corporate call center back because companies got tired of talking to a babbling third worlder that couldn't hold a conversation. HP has not. Boycott HP, buy Dell.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:17:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:28:30 AM EDT
A programmer from India told me the average pay for software engineers in India is $8,000-$12,000/year. That's about 1/10th the average pay here in Silicon Valley.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:44:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
i know circuit city does the same thing, they lost a $7k Plasma tv order because his Indian accent was the worst and I give up after 10 mins of asking him the same question.

Because simply calling a store would've made too much sense......
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:53:28 PM EDT
I avoid tech support like a room full of Ebola infected monkeys with knives.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:07:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kroagnon:
Until Americans start boycotting companies that export jobs to india this will continue to be the case.

For example: Dell and HP had all call centers in India. Dell put there corporate call center back because companies got tired of talking to a babbling third worlder that couldn't hold a conversation. HP has not. Boycott HP, buy Dell.

Agreed. Apex lost several hundred $$ in sales because their tech support kept telling me to send it back, it didn't work Screw that, I figured it out myself (took a bit - probably better part of an hour) but then I ended up just taking it back anyway because I didn't want to have to posibly rely on morons should some other problem arise.

Before I bought the replacement, I looked up customer support on the internet for several models and kept calling until I located one that didn't have a weird-assed accent.

I'll likely be looking for another TV soon (next 6 months) and will be doing the same thing. Thing is I need to CONTACT the companies I DID NOT go with so they know WHY they lost the sales.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:38:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

hey genius, i was ordering on the internet and had a question and this was the only toll-free #, plus there was no circuit city around smart ass.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:40:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

hey genius, i was ordering on the internet and had a question and this was the only toll-free #, plus there was no circuit city around smart ass.

I'm just saying if you would've called a store you would've got to talk to an actual salesman. What's a $15 long-distance charge when you're gonna spend 7 large on a TV?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:44:21 PM EDT
When calling cs in India, I always ask to speak with Mytur Binisdirty. He always has the answers I need!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:39:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Troy:
CONSUMER America still wants $499 PCs and will put up with Indian support to get them.

-Troy

That's because so many of them seem to be new to the world of computers I don't know how this can be, but dealing with most people in my line of work indicates they should know better, but don't.

If they only knew what it's like to talk to one of them "tech support" in India, they'd understand why their $499 PC was so cheap, and they'd better prepare to find an alternate route for support, rather than calling and talking to someone from India.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:27:46 PM EDT

like all companies it seems, their cs is in India and of course their accent is hard to understand and if you ask questions not on there computer they refocus and ignore that question, so damn funny! btw, i called because my bluetooth headset is going funky.

Many companies thought it would be cheaper to put tech support and customer service in India. Until they had scores of customers complaining that they can't understand a word that the guy on the phone says, and the guy on the phone can't understand them either.

Smart companies are fixing things right now.

Dumb ones won't realize that communicating with the customer is important and that they are probably better off hiring someone who can actually successfully communicate with the customer.
Top Top