Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/12/2002 2:52:49 PM EST
I'm concidering purchasing a few of the new Motorola Talkabout GMRS radios to take hunting. I have a pair of the regular Talkabout radios, and as spread out as we get, sometimes the .5 watts that they transmit is not enough. The GMRS channels on these will transmit at 2 watts. My question is, does anyone know how well the licnecing is enforced for GMRS. Legally it requires a $75 license that is good for 5 years and can be used by anyone in the licensee's family. Some of the frequencies are shared between FRS and GMRS, so I don't see how you'd be able to tell if somone was using a radio without a license unless you were very close.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 4:41:53 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 5:20:05 PM EST
I know a lot of people with GMRS radios, and none of them have gotten harrassed by 'the man.'
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 6:17:13 PM EST
Its been said before.. but, Check into getting a HAM ticket.. its easy, and they get better range. It only cost me $12.00
Top Top