Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/29/2005 3:43:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 3:56:21 PM EDT by BURN]
guy backed up like 45 feet and hit my bike a 2006 BMW k1200r.....was so angry ...couldnt understand how he missed hitting the curb and continued to back up to knock over my bike...

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:50:36 PM EDT
How did it knock the 2nd bike over? They aren't even touching, looks fake to me!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:50:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:51:38 PM EDT
What the hell?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:51:42 PM EDT
i bet he feels stupid
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:52:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tactmaster:
How did it knock the 2nd bike over? They aren't even touching, looks fake to me!

all I have left is my right mirror this isnt fake extended domino witha slight slide effect happened. as for fake this would be pretty stupid to fake ...stop
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:52:39 PM EDT

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:53:02 PM EDT
Since when was a BMW K1200R gov't issue? Do all the soldiers get one?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:53:08 PM EDT
Pee Wee Herman did it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:53:24 PM EDT

um ok.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:55:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BURN:

all I have left is my right mirror this isnt fake extended domino witha slight slide effect happened. as for fake this would be pretty stupid to fake ...stop

I was joking man
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:55:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 3:57:23 PM EDT by BURN]
dent in my co-workers gas tank and second pic with my mirror on the ground

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:57:46 PM EDT

+1
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:57:47 PM EDT
Was the car ok?
<Ducati rider>
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:58:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yfs200:
Since when was a BMW K1200R gov't issue? Do all the soldiers get one?

no only us cool civil service guys
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:00:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zack3g:

+1

obviously you guys don't ride, i gave seen 4 bikes get knocked over and none were touching once they hit the ground. no one in their right mind would lay a beemer down to fake a pic.
unless it was an ex girfriends bike
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:03:31 PM EDT
Another motorcycle related accident.

Good thing you weren't on it. The bike can be replaced. The anger will fade with time. You didn't get hurt is the main thing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:11:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Another motorcycle related accident.

Good thing you weren't on it. The bike can be replaced. The anger will fade with time. You didn't get hurt is the main thing.

yes I know ...I only had this bike for 4 weeks traded in my 2005 BMW F650GS for this one ...Im so glad no one was hurt I just wish he had his eyes open..and he was driving with a suspended DL
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:13:29 PM EDT
Dude that front headlight looks mangled even before the accident!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:14:32 PM EDT
I bet the suspended DL means no insurance. Man, I feel for you. I can't count the number of times my various bikes were knocked down when I lived in Seattle. Not once did the drivers leave so much as a note.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:14:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

ouch yes it does... but with 167horse and almost 100 on the torque it can afford to be a little ugly...LOL

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:15:11 PM EDT
Some thing is up with this.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:16:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Imteam:
I bet the suspended DL means no insurance. Man, I feel for you. I can't count the number of times my various bikes were knocked down when I lived in Seattle. Not once did the drivers leave so much as a note.

thats the first thing I thought but his insurance was valid..and a claim is already being worked...it was also a rented car...so if he had no insurance i would have gone after the rental company for renting a car to someone with an invalid DL.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:17:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sam1963:
Some thing is up with this.

what do you mean "UP" an T/A happened whats so mysterious about that?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:29:20 PM EDT
That SUCKS!

My story...
I came back from a six month deployment, the next day I pulled the bike out of deep storage, got it road worthy, called the insurance company and went for a ride.
Stopped by the other local base exchange, parked in the north 40.
Came out of the exchange and found the bike laying on the ground RUN THE FUCK OVER!!
After my 5 minute rant (got a couple of compliments from security and a couple other people ) someone came up and gave security the license plate number and the description of who hit me.
The wife of an E7 (not a chief as I was soon to learn).
They found her parked at the package store.
She didn't have insurance or a valid drivers license....care to guess why?
My insurance company cut me a check within three days, it took me almost two months to get the deductable back from those fucktards.
In the end it took a Chief who I had known for 8 years to tell his brother (who was the Command Master Chief of the base) what the deal was.
Master Chief called me, asked for details, the next day the E7 called my Command Master Chief, apologized to him and sent him my check.
Chicken shit bastard.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:39:22 PM EDT
Hope that guy pays for all the damage with out a problem. It just sucks that you have to go with out your bike while its in the shop.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:42:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B:
That SUCKS!

My story...
I came back from a six month deployment, the next day I pulled the bike out of deep storage, got it road worthy, called the insurance company and went for a ride.
Stopped by the other local base exchange, parked in the north 40.
Came out of the exchange and found the bike laying on the ground RUN THE FUCK OVER!!
After my 5 minute rant (got a couple of compliments from security and a couple other people ) someone came up and gave security the license plate number and the description of who hit me.
The wife of an E7 (not a chief as I was soon to learn).
They found her parked at the package store.
She didn't have insurance or a valid drivers license....care to guess why?
My insurance company cut me a check within three days, it took me almost two months to get the deductable back from those fucktards.
In the end it took a Chief who I had known for 8 years to tell his brother (who was the Command Master Chief of the base) what the deal was.
Master Chief called me, asked for details, the next day the E7 called my Command Master Chief, apologized to him and sent him my check.
Chicken shit bastard.

Damn, what kind of bike?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:42:41 PM EDT
You should have fragged the MF'er.

AB
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:43:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:43:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 4:44:14 PM EDT by BURN]
I did good Im an LEO and I didnt draw down on the guy or shoot his dog....even if shooting his dog would have been my god given right under the circumstances
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:44:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1BMF:
Damn, what kind of bike?

1990 Yamaha FZR1000.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 4:54:58 PM EDT by Gregory_A]
Same thing happened to me..2 times!!! Both times I was parked in a parking space,and the driver was parallel parking.

First time it was GSXR750,got about $2K for that damage.Fixed it myself for about $300 and took a vacation to Yellowstone and Glacier NP's

Second time was my R1,caused about $1.5K of damage,fixed it myself and bought a chromillusion paint job and a matching helmet.

I really can't understand how some drivers are so unaware of thier surroundings.If my bike was a little kid,the kid would have been run over and prob killed.

Million $$ quiz here.I lived in Ca at the time,and both of these incidents had one thing in common regarding the drivers.Can anyone guess what these 2 drivers had in common ? i think anyone that lives in Cali will know the answer in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:00:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tequilabob:

Originally Posted By Zack3g:

+1

obviously you guys don't ride, i gave seen 4 bikes get knocked over and none were touching once they hit the ground. no one in their right mind would lay a beemer down to fake a pic.
unless it was an ex girfriends bike

Wrong, I do ride, lots. Sorry i haven't seen my bike get knocked down like domino's..........
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:01:33 PM EDT
Fort Sill?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:02:55 PM EDT

I did good Im an LEO and I didnt draw down on the guy or shoot his dog....even if shooting his dog would have been my god given right under the circumstances

only if it was a harley
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:03:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SP1Grrl:

Why the heck would he need to back up 45 FEET?? Are you sure it wasn't a woman?!?!

I like the way you think.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:07:54 PM EDT
At least no Harleys were harmed in the making of those pics.

<­BR>

Ok J/K that sucks anyway.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:19:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gregory_A:
Million $$ quiz here.I lived in Ca at the time,and both of these incidents had one thing in common regarding the drivers.Can anyone guess what these 2 drivers had in common ? i think anyone that lives in Cali will know the answer in a heartbeat.

No habla ingles
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:22:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DnPRK:

Originally Posted By Gregory_A:

No habla ingles

Hell, that's even happening in WI!!! No license, no insurance, no english!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:24:32 PM EDT
Had the same thing happen to my bike a few years back, brand new just had like 100 miles on it and some soccer mom backs over it in her Expedition trying to parallel park.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:55:34 PM EDT

See his bike was in the middle and some SOB stole it. See he says right there that all he has left is his mirror.

In some ways you're lucky, it appears it happened on a base. That means that you hopefully know who did it and if they didn't have insurance, falsified official papers (saying they had insurance to get the car on base) or dishonorably fail to pay debts they might be hittable with certain UCMJ sections, and if they are a dependent maybe lose base driving and/or other privileges if it doesn't get made right, where as out in down no insurance is just a ho-hum in many areas.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:04:55 PM EDT
D@mn....just d@mn. I don't see how some drivers walk away from accidents like these if you know what I mean. I'd definately have to count to 10!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:09:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B:

Originally Posted By 1BMF:
Damn, what kind of bike?

1990 Yamaha FZR1000.

FUCK!

Damn, KA3B...
That was one hell of a bike.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:16:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2005 11:17:13 PM EDT by Silesius]
Was this the guy?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:50:23 AM EDT
happened to me the week before last.... only i was on my bike!!!!

Sitting at a roundabout (its an english thing) and some woman runs up my exhaust pipe!! £1500 worth or damage to my beautiful Yamaha YZF 1000,

she turns round and says sorry i didnt see you there, i was looking the other way,

i'd only had the bike a day so was pretty gutted and said this to her... her reply was "well i've only had my car for 2 weeks!"

At that point i switched off my be mr nice switch and said,

"perhaps you should learn to drive the f*****g thing then!!!"

She's admitted liability so thats the good thing,

hope yours is sorted out quickly!!

James,
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:00:09 AM EDT
In my riding career, I've had a bike (YSR50) hit while parked (she took off), a bike (FZR400)totalled by a coworker who wanted to be faster than me out of the parkinglot in his TRUCK, a bike totalled (ZX-11) by a buddy's asshat brother, A bike Stolen (R1) and then recovered-with him on it, and a bike repo'd in a case of mistaken identity.

You could say I have bad bike luck, and it extends when they leave my posession. The ZX-11 was sold to a UofM student who hit a deer, my GSXR750 was sold. crashed on the first ride, rebuilt and re-crashed so bad that he spent a week in the hospital.

I'm worried now. I got a new GSXR1000 last month. Unlike the previous bikes, this one is paid for and not financed, i.e. I own it. I keep waiting for a piano to fall from the heavens and crush it into a ball of tinfoil.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:12:12 AM EDT
At least it wasn't Jerry Reed in a semi after a bar fight.

Sorry to hear, man. but it sounds like the insurance will take care of it. Hopefully they won't jerk you around on such a basic case.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:19:50 AM EDT
Just buy a cheap motorcycle and chalk it up to battle wear.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:33:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDOC:

ouch yes it does... but with 167horse and almost 100 on the torque it can afford to be a little ugly...LOL

with this much power that bke was not gonna look good for long. Get some duct and reattach that mirror and go ride.........
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:55:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 5:08:30 AM EDT by none_other]
That blows, atleast you wern't on it. Whats the story with the driver? (im sure i missed it)

ETA: Reading further, wife of E7, command sucking up blah blah. Coincidently I happened to have a similar sitution with my parked car on post. My damage was of coarse far less then yours yet I ended up having to deal with it. Park behind a tree is all I can come up with.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:03:25 AM EDT
Count your blessings. Yesterday, a local guy was sitting on his bike at a stoplight when a school bus ran up behind him, hit him, and killed him. The picture in the paper (can't find it online) showed the bike sitting upright, with the rear wheel caught exactly amidships under the bus's front bumper.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top