Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2004 3:12:13 AM EDT
As I reflect upon what this date means, I offer you my version of a triple expresso!

1st Landing Support Bn, 29 Palms.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:15:24 AM EDT
[#1]
What type of aircraft is that?  Chinook?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:17:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Good guess.
Sea Knight.  The Corps version of a Chinook.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:20:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good guess.
Sea Knight.  The Corps version of a Chinook.

Is that what they call the Jolly Green Giants?

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:25:00 AM EDT
[#4]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
What type of aircraft is that? Chinook?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good guess.
Sea Knight. The Corps version of a Chinook.

CH-46 Sea Knight. The USMC's medium lift helicopter. Twin rotor like the Chinook but smaller. The Chinook is the Army's heavy lift helo.

The Jolly Green Giants are the Air Force's HH3C helicopter. They are the little brother to the CH-53's, known as Super Jolly Green Giants in the A.F. and Sea Stallions in the USMC.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I ate, slept, and pissed at 29 palms. Nice training area. The tower operator at the moving target range is my retirement plan Delta.

If you guys would waste all those Desert Turtles, they wouldn't be endangered, they'd be extinct. Nothing like changing the way you train for war because of some turtle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Range 400 is a son-of-a-bitch!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
Quoted:
What type of aircraft is that? Chinook?

Good guess.
Sea Knight. The Corps version of a Chinook.

CH-46 Sea Knight. The USMC's medium lift helicopter. Twin rotor like the Chinook but smaller. The Chinook is the Army's heavy lift helo.

The Jolly Green Giants are the Air Force's HH3C helicopter. They are the little brother to the CH-53's, known as Super Jolly Green Giants in the A.F. and Sea Stallions in the USMC.

Nothing tops the Super Sea Stallion though. Mmmmmmmmmmm, 3-engine goodness.

Seen on a CH-53E patch: "Don't piss me off, I'll lift your house."
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Great wallpaper - thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top