Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 7:55:02 PM EDT
...but some of you may not, so I thought I should post it here. I was talking to a friend of mine this afternoon, he knows I am strong Bush supporter and made a joke about me not having a "Bush '04" bumper sticker. I explained to him that because of my military postion, I am not allowed to openly support any canidate, no support in uniform or at a place or platform where my job is implied and no open support on base.

He told me that he did not know that... I went on to tell him that in many military government owned or leased homes, you are not allowed to put any support signs in the yard or on the house and that in some housing areas, they even ask you to back in any vehicles that do have political bumper stickers on them -- He was very surprised to hear this, he asked me if I thought the "troops" would be more active and open in support of the President if these regs were not in place... all I could tell him was "ask them".

Like I said, most of you already know this... but maybe not a bad idea to pass it on to those who don't?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I was aware of the "in uniform" policy on endorsement... didn;t know it had been extended to the current restrictions.

Was wondering why the # of stickers one way or the other (hey it could happen) was so limited aroung NTC GLakes.

Could that have been a Clinton-era regulation modification?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was aware of the "in uniform" policy on endorsement... didn;t know it had been extended to the current restrictions.

Was wondering why the # of stickers one way or the other (hey it could happen) was so limited aroung NTC GLakes.

Could that have been a Clinton-era regulation modification?

Some of it may be a Base Commander call, the "in uniform" policy extends to cover any setting where the position is implied. I have seen writen policy covering the "no display" of support signs, banners, etc. on a governement owend or leased home.

I am sure that some of the tighter restrictions are a case by case basis and determined my what building a person works in and that sort of thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top