Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 10:01:42 AM EDT
please no games or mindless candy crush BS.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
While driving across the country, I found RoadNinja to be extremely useful. It shows you what gas stations, hotels, restaurants, etc are available at each interstate exit. USA Rest Stops also came in handy. It maps out rest areas, and also shows what, if any, services are at each.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#2]
WAZE

AUDIBLE

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Foxfi/PdaNet: Expensive for an app at $14 (One time fee), but you get a free wifi hotspot. Considering I paid $70 a month for cable, it paid for itself 5 times over in the first month.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm enjoying what Tasker can do for me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]
There's the sex position app, which worked really well until I pulled a muscle in my back and destroyed the weed eater.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Foxfi/PdaNet: Expensive for an app at $14 (One time fee), but you get a free wifi hotspot. Considering I paid $70 a month for cable, it paid for itself 5 times over in the first month.
View Quote

There are free tethering apps...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#8]

haha
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There's the sex position app, which worked really well until I pulled a muscle in my back and destroyed the weed eater.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Google Sky Map
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Cover art Grabber.

I loaded a shit pile of my music to stream bluetooth in my vehicle and was missing all the album pics.

This app scanned and dloaded all the album covers....works like a charm.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Food-taster. You touch your phone to food to check to make sure there are no poisons etc(ecoli spelling?) or bad things like that before you eat. Especially good when eating out.

Sheetlight. Emits a black light to check sheets at hotels for bed bugs or any other nasty things a black light shows up.

Mailboxer. Awesome app, lets me know what time the mail arrived at my house. It also tells me if its a package or just regular envelopes.

Freshbread. It read the little tags on the bread to tell you what date and time the bread was made.

Autopricecheck is my fav. All I do is scan the UPC of all my large purchases and it looks for a better advertised price for the next 30 days. IF it finds one I take it to the store(well most stores) and I use their 30 day price match to save a few bucks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:27:01 AM EDT
[#13]
My favorites are Look Out, OI Safe, and Sound Hound.  Look Out helps keep everything safe.  OI Safe helps me w/ all the passwords I have to remember.  And Sound Hound is great for when you hear a song that you like and want to know who sings it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Tagged
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Food-taster. You touch your phone to food to check to make sure there are no poisons etc(ecoli spelling?) or bad things like that before you eat. Especially good when eating out.

Sheetlight. Emits a black light to check sheets at hotels for bed bugs or any other nasty things a black light shows up.

Mailboxer. Awesome app, lets me know what time the mail arrived at my house. It also tells me if its a package or just regular envelopes.

Freshbread. It read the little tags on the bread to tell you what date and time the bread was made.

Autopricecheck is my fav. All I do is scan the UPC of all my large purchases and it looks for a better advertised price for the next 30 days. IF it finds one I take it to the store(well most stores) and I use their 30 day price match to save a few bucks.
View Quote

LMAO!  Exactly how far in the future did you time travel from?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Weed wacker doesn't mean what you think it means.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or you can hack your phone.  Plenty of guides out there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was just curious if folks actually read responses. I do think these would make some cool apps......some day.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Strelok Ballistic Calculator
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't imagine your phone to be very sanitary, and how would your phone detect poisons anyway?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Glympse

All trails

Mytracks

Google keep

IPSC shot timer

wifi analyzer

QR droid

Push bullet

barcode scanner

GasBuddy

key ring

Amazon price check

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#22]
non-rooted phone app - Carat

rooted - Tasker
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I wouldn't imagine your phone to be very sanitary, and how would your phone detect poisons anyway?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

App comes with a stylus. You just poke stylus into food. Its easy to clean off before storing it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been using the free version of 1-click tether, but it's not secure. I need to update to the pro ($10) but I've heard mixed reviews on whether or not it works on the S4.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Mosquito sound.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Ulysses Speedometer is a cool app, I use it on my motorcycle as a speedo and HUD.

Backcountry Navigator is a superb offroad GPS app.

Groove IP will work with Google Voice to make calls over Wi-Fi for when you're out of a signal.

ConvertPad saves me daily with conversions.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Colornote---- a post it pad type app for your Android.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I'm enjoying what Tasker can do for me.
View Quote

Tasker is the shit.  Love it.

Strelok is the best ballistic app i've found.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top