Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:53:52 AM EDT
I'm on sick leave, but that does not stop my supervisor from being kind enough to drop off paperwork on previous cases.

I'm closing out a number of pending, and one of the things is Tox reports from the ME's office.  It takes about 5-9 weeks to get them back and they have to be added.

Back at the beginning of January I had a traffic fatality.  Single motorcycle/fixed object right at closing time, racing another buddy thru a neighborhood.  He lost control of the bike, impacted the curb and vaulted into the side of a fire hydrant.  About 50 mph for the curb impact.  No skid marks.  He placed the thread cap on the side of the hydrant exactly thru the center of his face shield (full face helmet) It went all the way in until the helmet hit the hydrant itself. (there were fragment of face shield lodged into the back inside of his skull at autopsy) You could smell the booze in the air. The bike stayed upright and went about half a block, ending up in somone's yard  No real damage to the bike at all. (Honda)

BAC .28
Cocaine metabolite.
Meth.
Marijuana.
Ecstacy
Several prescription drugs (Xanax etc).
PCP

Oh, and Tylenol

Everything except the Ecstacy was well above trace amounts.

This guy had more crap in his system then a lot of the overdose suicides I've seen.  22 year old male, he managed to get almost 6 miles from the bar thru what essentially was a neighborhood obstacle course.

He'd only been riding a month, bought the bike from the guy he was racing, and didn't have a Motorcycle license. (Surprise!)

One curious fact.  This was the second time I interviewed his buddy. The guy was present when ANOTHER friend killed himself back in November.  Also racing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
BAC .28
Cocaine metabolite.
Meth.
Marijuana.
Ecstacy
Several prescription drugs (Xanax etc).
PCP

Oh, and Tylenol

Thats one hell of a chemical cocktail.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:09:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow I am surprised he did not OD.

THAT GUY IS WHAT WE CALL F-ED UP
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

One curious fact.  This was the second time I interviewed his buddy. The guy was present when ANOTHER friend killed himself back in November.  Also racing.

Strange coincidence... wonder if he's the supplier? Just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow.

[Ron White]

Loooooo-aaaaa-dddddd-e-dddddd-uuhhh

[/Ron White]

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I gotta see if I can find one from a DUI arrest I had a few years back. I think he had about that much stuff in him, too! Got to wonder how some of these guys survive.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
And Darwin claims another junkie..

Beat me to it.

-K
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Strange coincidence... wonder if he's the supplier? Just a thought.

The underground racing world is full of guys that like to win so much that they do everything they can to get guys to race, even beyond their abilities.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#10]
is the bike on sale now?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#11]
does the live racer have (had?) life insurance on them two????
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Most impressive Tox report I've seen in a while.

The "in a while" part makes it sound like you've seen worse!  Wow.  Can you describe that one?z
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#13]
How long would that show up in a tox report? You said above trace amounts on all, except ecstacy, does that mean he was actually under the influence of those, or they were just in his system?  How in the hell does someone function at all, taking that much stuff? Unless for every upper, he had a downer, and it some how leveled him out.  We (FD) treat them, send them to the ER, with the exception of alcohol, we rarely know what someone is under the influence of. (ETA) We call them "Belushi's"  another word for junkie.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Natural selection; sometimes problems correct themselves.  Fortunately, he did it on a motorcycle and didn't hurt or kill anyone but himself.  Good riddance.

Oh, and if he hadn't killed himself on the bike, the alcohol/Tylenol combination probably would have KO'd his liver before too much longer anyway.

BWAAH HAAAAH HAAAAH HAAAAAH!!!

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How long would that show up in a tox report? You said above trace amounts on all, except ecstacy, does that mean he was actually under the influence of those, or they were just in his system?  How in the hell does someone function at all, taking that much stuff? Unless for every upper, he had a downer, and it some how leveled him out.  We (FD) treat them, send them to the ER, with the exception of alcohol, we rarely know what someone is under the influence of. (ETA) We call them "Belushi's"  another word for junkie.

He was certainly under the cocaine influence, probably comparable to his alchol intoxication.  The next most influential would have been whatever prescription drug he took that had Tylenol in it.
His buddy said he popped 6 pills at the bar 2 hours prior.

Hardcore druggies can cary a load like that and function quite well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was certainly under the cocaine influence, probably comparable to his alchol intoxication.  The next most influential would have been whatever prescription drug he took that had Tylenol in it.
His buddy said he popped 6 pills at the bar 2 hours prior.

Hardcore druggies can cary a load like that and function quite well. In fact many true hardcore users cant function without drug(s) in their system

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#18]
This is interesting to me. I would like to know what some of the people we run on have in their system. You can get an idea by looking at their pupils, but that just gives you an idea of  the class of drugs, not the type, or amount.  The side of town I work, is known for being full of drugs. We are in the middle of a college campus, and the surrounding neighborhood is full of lib hippies , and close to the projects. Overdoses are a common thing, we treat them we best we can, and send them to ER, and  rarely hear anything else about them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top