Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 7:02:10 PM EDT
[url]http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?j24577244[/url]                                Read the whole story. Wouldn't it be strange (especially to us older guys) to be sharing a military base with Russian soldiers as our Allies?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#1]
... this is good, but I would sleep with one eye open over there
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
This is really amazing.  A few years ago, the Afghans were our allies, and the Russians were the enemy.  Now the Russians are our friends and the Afghan are our enemies.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Im sure the russians would love nothing more than to finish what was started back in the 80's.

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, it would be worth the trip just to take a T-80 out for a spin around the motor pool.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is really amazing.  A few years ago, the Afghans were our allies, and the Russians were the enemy.  Now the Russians are our friends and the Afghan are our enemies.
View Quote

And before that Russians were our allies against the Nazi's, so what?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Im sure the russians would love nothing more than to finish what was started back in the 80's.

[beer]
View Quote

No kidding, I think we should let them help as much as they want.  I'm sure they want this almost as bad as we do.  Plus we could use some advise from there 10 years of war.  

It will show a united front, and will increase the ass whooping while spreading the responsibility.  

I just hope they aren't still upset about us supplying the Afgans during their war with them...
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I just hope they aren't still upset about us supplying the Afgans during their war with them...
View Quote
   Yeah, no sh*t.....we'd have to play that down real hard.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
We can just remind them of their support for North Korea and Vietnam
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We can just remind them of their support for North Korea and Vietnam
View Quote

Good point, but there is a little more irony to this situation.

*editted cuz i kan't speel
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I think they genuinely want to let bygones be bygones.  Especially since we want to decimate a country they're not too happy with.  "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all.  Back when they were fighting, if Russia nuked Afghanistan, we would have been upset to say the least.  Nowadays, it looks like we both agree on the F'em doctrine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#11]
We definitely need to hook up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe we need to ask Tom Clancy what will happen next.  More and more of his books are becoming true all the time!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:18:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Rather use them than from Pakistan - The Terrorist Nation we seem to help even when they have people that work against us.  Don't trust Pakistan. [:X*]

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:45:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Afghans weren't our allies.  They were fighting the Russians in the 80's.  That whole "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing.  Now, it's the same thing with the roles reversed.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Maybe we need to ask Tom Clancy what will happen next.  More and more of his books are becoming true all the time!
View Quote

Yes, I saw screw Nostradamus.  Clancy is getting a bit spooky. [:D]

God Bless Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top