Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2007 5:54:49 PM EDT
I have my mortgage through Bank of America. Well, I just saw that they are going to offer bank accounts to individuals and they won't need a SS# to do it. Screw that! Another US based company that refuses to acknowledge the problem of illegal aliens.
Can anyone offer any good refinance co's Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Read the fine print in your mortgage, just because it's a low interest rate doesn't mean it's right for #1... you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a Primerica rep to read the fine print for you and explain how the low interest rate isn't right for you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]
 Quit bashing Citigroup/Citi Mortgage/Citi Trust Bank.  All I do is collect documents and let the people who know their shit read them.  A$$hole.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
No.

Sorry for hijacking your thread ursus, if you want a good refinance company, I will go ahead and say it.  Any of the "Citi" companies.   They can give you a free look.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#7]
No offense taken sir. I appreciate your input.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#8]
unless you get a no cost refinance, it'll cost you you a couple thousand minimum to refinance.   Not worth it, even more so not worth it if you have to acept a higher interest rate.  Even more not worth if it you set the pay off period back to 30 years again.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
unless you get a no cost refinance, it'll cost you you a couple thousand minimum to refinance.   Not worth it, even more so not worth it if you have to acept a higher interest rate.  Even more not worth if it you set the pay off period back to 30 years again.

Sorry but the only part I agree with you here is the part about extending it out to 30 yrs.  What if somebody has a ARM and their payments have increased 600 dollars a month?  Still not a good idea to refinance?
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 3:44:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry but the only part I agree with you here is the part about extending it out to 30 yrs.  What if somebody has a ARM and their payments have increased 600 dollars a month?  Still not a good idea to refinance?

A lower fixed interest rate is the most important thing, the length of the loan is secondary.  Best option is to get a fixed rate 15 year loan if you can swing it, second is a fixed rate 30 year loan, but pay it off at a 10, 15 or whatever rate, e.g. plop extra principal at it each month.  Dont put down extra principal until you maxed out your 401K and Roth contributions each year.  I actually have a 30 year fixed but paying extra principal so it'll be paid off in 12 or so years total

What doesn;'t make sense is to get a 30 year fixed loan , pay the minimum each month for 10-12 years and refinance and get a new 30 year loan and pay the minimum each month on that, you've basically just gave yourself a 42 year mortgage!  That was the point I was trying to make
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top