Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2009 8:48:36 PM EDT
An ex is threatening me that she may be pregnant, and claims to be having morning sickness. how long is it usually before a woman would get this after conception?
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly, and that's a big if, I wanna say it can happen within a month of conception.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 3:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Generally the first trimester only; however, a few will have difficulties throughout due to problems.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My girlfriend had it three weeks after conception. And for her, it is noon sickness.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I started having morning sickness within 3 weeks of conception with all of my kids but didn't realize that's what it was until after a couple of months because I never missed that first period after conception. If she's claiming it's yours, I'd volunteer to go to the doctor with her to get the pregnancy test done or to the first prenatal appointment that way you have proof she isn't lying...funny how a wedding ring can cause a miscarriage with some women.

ETA the word I forgot. Just got off work, cut me some slack.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Three to six weeks after fertilization, it kicks in.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:19:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy a test.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Three to six weeks after fertilization, it kicks in.

This was pretty typical for me as well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#8]
If she's having morning sickness, chances are she's already at a point where she can test positive if she is indeed pregnant.

I only got nauseous, nothing beyond that. I was late, tested that day, and then a week later I was feeling nauseous in the mornings.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks guys er uh...gals..

I think she's full of it. I really have no interest in seeing her even to have a test, as I'm quite sure she'll go full retard on me.

I'll keep you guys updated.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Also, "threatening" to be pregnant is pretty strong language.  Obviously, you need to be more careful who you procreate with.  If it scares you for that woman to possibly be the mother of your child, if you are not capable of caring/supporting a child... use the head that is on top of your shoulders.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine started at 6 weeks and turned into severe hyperemesis. Had it until 4 days after the baby was born. It's really awful :(

A positive pregnancy test is a better indicator of pregnancy than puking.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#12]
It's pretty much how I knew I was pregnant. Three weeks minimum for me.

eta- that's three weeks along. I threw up for a good three months straight.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#13]
usually only in the first trimester.....as early as 2 to 3 weeks in
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 7:04:31 PM EDT
[#14]
for me?

Nausea for a few weeks with my first. Started about 3 weeks after conception

For my second?  About 3 wks.. .. But mine hasn't gone away yet! (26/40 wks in)
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I got morning sickness right away and I threw up the entire time I was pregnant [encompatable blood types with the kidlets].  How long has it been since you've been with this woman?  Why on earth are you not using protection?
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I did not get morning sickness until about 8 weeks... of course I didn't even know I was prego until 6 weeks.  I would say the morning sickness is far worse than the actual labor and delivery. I suffered through 3-4 months of sickness and had an extremely easy fast labor delivery. Anyway I would certainly make for sure she is not pregnant and next time I would advise not to sleep with someone that you know is or will become as you say... retard. just friendly advice
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#17]
For me it was a month afterwards.Any strong smells had me running. If I where you I would find out if she is and if she is have the baby tested for paternity. If I where guy I would like to be involved in my kids life even if I did not like the mother. Best of Luck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
An ex is threatening me that she may be pregnant, and claims to be having morning sickness. how long is it usually before a woman would get this after conception?

Depends on the woman, and the pregnancy. My wife was 100% OK with kid #1 until about 13 weeks, and then was puking from then on until the baby was out (poor woman puked every contraction during labor and delivery ). She's 6 days away from delivering #2 (another girl!), and had ZERO morning sickness this pregnancy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Women puke for lots of reasons, but now that she's cried wolf, she has to back it up. Make her pee on a stick or see a doc.

Now promise us you'll use better birth control next time. That means a back up method (and I don't mean only dating girls small enough to throw down some stairs).
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I think she's full of it. I really have no interest in seeing her even to have a test, as I'm quite sure she'll go full retard on me.

And what if she is pregnant?

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The bastard offspring of a retard and a Sasquatch!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bastard offspring of a retard and a Sasquatch!

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Poor kid don't stand a chance!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad to see I have so many fans.

When I told her I would "consider" getting back with her, she miraculously got her period and quit puking.

I then told her to take a hike.

Big Easy, had she been pregnant, I would have manned up and taken care of the kid after a DNA test. Most likely I would have sought full time custody of the child had it been mine, as she is a VERY unfit mother.

Also, who's to say my bastard child couldn't be a good looking sasquatch?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#25]
From your post it sounded like you were going to deny any possibility of the kid being yours, since you clarified that I think much better of you.  

Be more careful from now on, OK?  There is alot of preventatives on the market, don't be stingy with them.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:05:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

When I told her I would "consider" getting back with her, she miraculously got her period and quit puking.

That's great news, good job calling her bluff!

Big Easy, had she been pregnant, I would have manned up and taken care of the kid after a DNA test. Most likely I would have sought full time custody of the child had it been mine, as she is a VERY unfit mother.

Glad you escaped single fatherhood, that would have sucked. It would have sucked for me too as you probably wouldn't have had time to take those pics you promised.

I'm sure it's pelt would have been luxurious.

ETA: "is" or "would be" and unfit mother? Has she bred before?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's great news, good job calling her bluff!

Glad you escaped single fatherhood, that would have sucked. It would have sucked for me too as you probably wouldn't have had time to take those pics you promised.

I'm sure it's pelt would have been luxurious.

ETA: "is" or "would be" and unfit mother? Has she bred before?

My mistake, "Would be". For numerous reasons.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
From your post it sounded like you were going to deny any possibility of the kid being yours, since you clarified that I think much better of you.  
Be more careful from now on, OK?  There is alot of preventatives on the market, don't be stingy with them.  

Yes ma'am, will do.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Just be carfeful! Just remember this scare in the future, unless your ready to seriously invest in a little one. Use some protection no matter what!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I am in a similar situation. About two two weeks ago, I broke a condom. It felt so much different that I stopped after about 5 seconds since it felt so much different. So, I did not "finish" and was only in for about 5 seconds. However, on Monday, her period started, but she was only spotting. She typically has severely debilitating periods. She often takes prescriptions to ease the pain. However, the day her period started, she went to california to visit some insanely liberal, asshole relatives that she hates. They stress her out to wits end. So, I'm hoping this is the reason. she took a test which was negative, but the pharmacist said to take another one in two weeks just to make sure. Do you ladies think that we should really worry about this?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I am in a similar situation. About two two weeks ago, I broke a condom. It felt so much different that I stopped after about 5 seconds since it felt so much different. So, I did not "finish" and was only in for about 5 seconds. However, on Monday, her period started, but she was only spotting. She typically has severely debilitating periods. She often takes prescriptions to ease the pain. However, the day her period started, she went to california to visit some insanely liberal, asshole relatives that she hates. They stress her out to wits end. So, I'm hoping this is the reason. she took a test which was negative, but the pharmacist said to take another one in two weeks just to make sure. Do you ladies think that we should really worry about this?

I wouldn't worry too much about it myself.

But, that is easier said than done in the situation.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, right? This is so darn stressful that I don't want to have sex again for a long, long time!
She has 10 times the sex drive I have, so it would drive her crazy long before it would get to me.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, right? This is so darn stressful that I don't want to have sex again for a long, long time! She has 10 times the sex drive I have, so it would drive her crazy long before it would get to me.

Hey at least you still love the girl.

Mine was a crazy ass moonbat who have totally screwed my life up with a plus sign.

(50% my fault, but still...)

Good luck with that man. Use the spermicidal lube condoms, the trojan ones, I filled one with damn near a gallon of water once, unless your humping sand paper, that baby aint breakin.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, right? This is so darn stressful that I don't want to have sex again for a long, long time!
She has 10 times the sex drive I have, so it would drive her crazy long before it would get to me.

Hey at least you still love the girl.

Mine was a crazy ass moonbat who have totally screwed my life up with a plus sign.

(50% my fault, but still...)

Good luck with that man. Use the spermicidal lube condoms, the trojan ones, I filled one with damn near a gallon of water once, unless your humping sand paper, that baby aint breakin.
That's what I used (unfortunately I just happened to accidentally buy the ones without spermicide for that batch!) I also used quite a bit of lube. There was no logical reason for it to break other than that it was defective for some reason. Most likely no need to worry, but damn is it stressful!

As my GF said, it would be a disaster, but an awfully cute disaster.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#35]
prolly the lube.

Depending on the lube you use it can eat away at the condom and between that and the "friction" element, they tear quite easily. Read all the ingredients on the lube, and make sure they're usuable with whatever rubbers you happen to be using.

Have fun sir
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top