User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 5:22:11 PM EDT

http://www.aztlan.net/
Mexican-American Groups to "Confront" Border Vigilantes
by
Hector Carreon
La Voz de Aztlan
Los Angeles, Alta California - May 22, 2003- (ACN) Groups of Mexican-Americans and Méxicanos from various US states and Mexico are on their way to Southern Arizona to "confront" what Dr. Armando Navarro of the National Alliance for Human Rights (NAHR) called "terrorist armed militias." The delegation consisting of groups of organizational leaders and activists will arrive in Southern Arizona this evening, Thursday, May 22, and will remain in the region until Sunday May 25.

The story is longer than this so hit the website for the whole story. And yes this is a legit organization and there is tons of crazy and interesting reading on the site. Also there is what appears to be a really well done photoshop job on a photo that goes with the story i posted above see if you can tell what they did.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they bulge up his stomach to make him look like a fat slob?  

I've heard of these guys (Aztlan) before.  IIRC, they are the folks who want to take back the Southwest and turn it into a separate country, or at the very least give it back to Mexico.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did they bulge up his stomach to make him look like a fat slob?  

I've heard of these guys (Aztlan) before.  IIRC, they are the folks who want to take back the Southwest and turn it into a separate country, or at the very least give it back to Mexico.
View Quote

They say it's still mexico. There have been a number of time were they ot right say they'll do it by force if they have to. The funny thing is, I know guys from CHD and they aren't suspects in any deaths of illegals on the border. the reason I posted this is because a lot of guys were talking about spin in AWB stories and on another site everyone was bitching about spin in regards to Bush. But this stuff on that site is some great spin thats over looked, felt they need to get a little recognition for some well done spin.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
sheesh, some interesting pics on that site

[img]http://www.aztlan.net/illegalian.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.aztlan.net/glenhitl.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
note the airbrushed Hitler mustache
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope they show up and cause a big problem. Maybe then the nation will focus on the problem and stop the illegals.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the post.  That site will do more to build support for these ranchers and other concerned folk than they ever could do themselves.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Man is that site a hoot!!

It seems that our friends that run that website are also anti-Semites!!

Who'd of thunk it???
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Do these people intend to trespass on private property to protest those that are patrolling their private property?

[size=4][b]GOOD FUCKIN LUCK![/b][/size=4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:25:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
note the airbrushed Hitler mustache
View Quote

I liked that myself.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:28:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hope they show up and cause a big problem. Maybe then the nation will focus on the problem and stop the illegals.
View Quote

There is a story out today about how the government is going to use UAVs to patrol the border. To bad there late on that idea. ABP has one and they are using it for just that.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:30:52 AM EDT
[#11]
yep

Ridge says unmanned drones could be patrolling borders by end of the year
JESSE J. HOLLAND, Associated Press Writer
Thursday, May 22, 2003
©2003 Associated Press

(05-22) 13:03 PDT WASHINGTON (AP) --

Unmanned aerial drones similar to ones used in the war on Iraq could be patrolling the U.S. border by the end of the year to help stem illegal immigration and increase security, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge said Thursday.

"We are very serious in looking at UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles) for both border applications, land and sea," Ridge told the House Select Committee on Homeland Security.

Predators and other remote-controlled aircraft can watch over a potential target and fly for hundreds of miles with cameras, sensors, communications equipment or missiles.

Support has grown for the unmanned aircraft since their success during the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Spy cameras aboard a drone allowed U.S. commanders to watch the capture of Palestinian hijacking suspect Abul Abbas and oversee the rescue of Army prisoner-of-war Pfc. Jessica Lynch. They also foiled an Iraqi ambush on U.S. and British troops. In November, an unmanned Predator drone killed suspected al-Qaida operatives in Yemen.

Several Western congressmen have endorsed the use of the unmanned vehicles over the U.S.-Mexico border, including Rep. John Shadegg, R-Ariz.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#12]
If they think they're bad enough to take back the Southwest, let 'em try.  Hell, come and take it if you can, but they won't, they can't.  They're nothing but a bunch of loud-mouthed pendejos with no cajones.
Come and get some cabrones.[uzi]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I've got an open offer from one of the CHD guys to come down to AZ and do some work, I'm still iffy about doing it. I don't take well to getting shot at(it's happend to many times) and the odds of that happening keep going up along the border. The number of people crossing the border armed is going up, the number of shootouts between customs, BP and drug smugglers seems to be going up, or at least more are being reported in the local media and some national media outlets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top