Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2014 8:58:13 AM EDT
Do these people not do research on the people they are trying to help. That guy is 100% full of shit. POW in Iraq and Afghanistan 4 time purple heart "winner". FFS this reads like a duffel blog article. Based on the comments it won't be long until his gig is up.

http://www.examiner.net/article/20140612/NEWS/140619640/10083/NEWS
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:59:24 AM EDT
IDK, man. Looks like that dog has been there and done that. Could be legit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:05:30 AM EDT
What a tool
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:06:57 AM EDT
He must have been Delta

What a hero

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:07:07 AM EDT

Wasting money that should be spent on a real veteran in need
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:07:27 AM EDT
what fools for believing him
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:08:20 AM EDT
no shit no dog drug his fat ass to safety in the middle of a firefight.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:10:14 AM EDT
The unit's dog dragged him to safety?? Ummm... ok...
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:18:55 AM EDT

From the article:
"The French herding dog was originally named Hallmark, but McFarland decided to rename him Shadow after his unit’s dog who dragged him to safety while he was unconscious during a firefight in Baghdad"

Oh come on........it's a FRENCH dog!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:21:16 AM EDT
Two time POW?!? Obviously the dude forgot to get his "Death Before Dishonor" tattoo after his first semester at community college Recruit Training.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:25:32 AM EDT
POS
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:29:48 AM EDT
POW in both countries, wow you must have some terrible luck. how could the person writing that think it was true? and how big would a fucking dog have to be to drag his fatass off to safety during a firefight?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:34:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:40:44 AM EDT
OK, I'll say it first

screen name?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:45:01 AM EDT
Im not gonna come out and say he is lying at this point...but if he is found to be a fake, can he prosecuted for it?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:47:29 AM EDT
Six tours of duty....multiple purple hearts...POW status in two theaters of combat....

Yet still hasn't made it past E-3....nice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:48:56 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By POINTMAN380:
Im not gonna come out and say he is lying at this point...but if he is found to be a fake, can he prosecuted for it?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:50:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2014 9:53:23 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:51:58 AM EDT
View Quote

uhh I will. Check the official reports from the defense department of POW's for Iraq and Afghanistan. Spoiler alert he is on none of them. The only facts that I have seemed to find on him that he was some POG ass Marine reservist that was discharged after 2 years.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:57:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:59:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By danielaustx:
Six tours of duty....multiple purple hearts...POW status in two theaters of combat....

Yet still hasn't made it past E-3....nice.
View Quote

That's impressive.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:00:24 AM EDT
How does he not think that this will come out?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:01:40 AM EDT
Just can't believe anyone falls for that shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:02:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fttam:
View Quote

Basic lack of understanding on how the military actually operates.

That means he's a tool.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:03:38 AM EDT

That means he's a tool.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That means he's a tool.

One would think the organization supplying the dog would know a little bit about things.

Apparently not.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:06:38 AM EDT
Fucking douchebag liar.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:06:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2014 10:07:26 AM EDT by kncook]
Who has contacted the organization? Anyone yet?

There are some real injured vets that REALLY need that service dog. It needs to be taken from the guy ASAP!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:07:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By robplumm:

One would think the organization supplying the dog would know a little bit about things.

Apparently not.
View All Quotes

That means he's a tool.

Apparently not.

I don't blame the civilian organization, most are truly good people wanting to help out some wounded soldiers. Their hearts in the right place but once again if they are not familiar with time in grade promotions and such they don't feel like they have the right to question a soldier on his valor.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:07:29 AM EDT

Apparently not.
View All Quotes

That means he's a tool.

Apparently not.

Is the bigger embarrassment the dude, or the organization who didn't check out his story?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:09:22 AM EDT

I don't blame the civilian organization, most are truly good people wanting to help out some wounded soldiers. Their hearts in the right place but once again if they are not familiar with time in grade promotions and such they don't feel like they have the right to question a soldier on his valor.
View Quote
I just figured most of these orgs had at least SOMEBODY that had general knowledge of the military...especially one that is giving out fucking PTSD dogs.

That's all

I mean..hell..they can hire me as a consultant to vet the umm...vets...if they want.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:11:59 AM EDT
This is like it is a contest to make up the biggest bullshit story and sell it .
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:12:18 AM EDT
I just figured most of these orgs had at least SOMEBODY that had general knowledge of the military...especially one that is giving out fucking PTSD dogs.

That's all

I mean..hell..they can hire me as a consultant to vet the umm...vets...if they want.
View All Quotes

That's all

lol...easiest job in the world...."So me your 214"....done. Smoke break....lol
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:12:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2014 10:13:22 AM EDT by danielaustx]

That's all

View All Quotes

That's all

double tab
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:14:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2014 10:15:07 AM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:17:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2014 10:18:00 AM EDT by Taft]
In the Bowe Bergdahl case they are saying he was the ONLY POW from Afghanistan.

If that is the case how could this guy be one too ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:19:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2014 10:20:46 AM EDT by danielaustx]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
How fast would some vet run to the media and bitch if the PTSD dog people questioned him regarding his service? Some factory was attacked in the media because they wouldn't let a factory worker take phone calls from her son overseas while she was working on the floor
View All Quotes

That means he's a tool.

Apparently not.

How fast would some vet run to the media and bitch if the PTSD dog people questioned him regarding his service? Some factory was attacked in the media because they wouldn't let a factory worker take phone calls from her son overseas while she was working on the floor

A real veteran wouldn't. It's not uncommon for us to be asked for a copy of our 214 when working with the VA or other government organizations to validate our service. If he has a problem with showing his 214 and goes on tv bitching about not getting free shit then he would show his true colors to military community in a heartbeat.

Look how we dealt with pfc bergdahl....we will call shitbags out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:21:32 AM EDT
I just sent an email to the company that provided the dog asking them to look into Mr. Mcfarland's story. We will see what happens I guess
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:22:51 AM EDT
I was an extraterrestrial POW three times during my 7 tours as space shuttle door gunner. Where do I get my dog?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:23:40 AM EDT
I just sent an email to the company that provided the dog asking them to look into Mr. Mcfarland's story. We will see what happens I guess
View Quote

I emailed them earlier as well.. Im going to email the editor for that paper too and see what they have to say.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:24:04 AM EDT
What a shitbird.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:26:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Caboose314:
I was an extraterrestrial POW three times during my 7 tours as space shuttle door gunner. Where do I get my dog?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:27:24 AM EDT
View Quote

Bro the probes have deluded you, dogs can't jet around in space like that bimbo from Rigel 7.

I have no idea where I was going with that but there it is.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:27:37 AM EDT

A real veteran wouldn't. It's not uncommon for us to be asked for a copy of our 214 when working with the VA or other government organizations to validate our service. If he has a problem with showing his 214 and goes on tv bitching about not getting free shit then he would show his true colors to military community in a heartbeat.

View All Quotes

Absolutely. You want my enlisted or officer 214? Pretty easy.

Well...except they lost copy 4 of my officer 214. Assholes..."We gave it to you.." No...no you didn't.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:28:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:

I emailed them earlier as well.. Im going to email the editor for that paper too and see what they have to say.
View All Quotes

Girl at work here called the editor and left a message.

Good times...
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:29:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:29:21 AM EDT
View Quote

Your alien friends went to bring him to you, but he got scared when some other kid abducted him and took him for a flying bicycle ride, so he called home and had his buddies pick him back up after leaving a trail of Reese's Pieces trough the woods.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:29:55 AM EDT
View All Quotes

http://pooboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ugly-dog-3.jpg

Answers to the name "Lucky" I bet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:47:18 AM EDT
I am not an expert on this crap like some of you are, and I have never served but I find this stuff disgusting.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:51:44 AM EDT
This sounds criminal.

I think theft of services should encompass it nicely.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:51:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
I am not an expert on this crap like some of you are, and I have never served but I find this stuff disgusting.
View Quote

It's pretty bottom of the barrel pathetic no matter what your walk of life is.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:55:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Badseed:
This sounds criminal.

I think theft of services should encompass it nicely.
View Quote

It is a direct violation of the Stolen Valor Act of 2013. The maximum punishment: $100,000 fine and up to one year in jail for each offense.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top