Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2003 7:09:36 AM EDT
It is to my understanding that the zombie causing virus was let loose by a bunch of animal rights activist that freed a bunch of infected monkies.

I have not seen the movie yet, but I will today.

Basically, in this fantasy world I live in, I have to watch out for f***ing zombies, f***ing clowns, f***ing velociraptors, f***ing tree rats, f***ing botflies, f***ing illegal space aliens, and f***ing monkies in conjunction with f***ing PETA types.

If it isn't one f***ing thing, it's another f***ing thing!

Oh yeah, don't forget about the f***ing pussies that are afraid of finger guns.

Any other f***ing things I should worry about?

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Bilster
View Quote

Me, if you come to southwest VA. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#2]
F**king chipmunks, F**king MARPAT, F**king Al Pachino's gun in the movie "Heat", etc.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I hear this movie is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is to my understanding that the zombie causing virus was let loose by a bunch of animal rights activist that freed a bunch of infected monkies.

I have not seen the movie yet, but I will today.

Basically, in this fantasy world I live in, I have to watch out for f***ing zombies, f***ing clowns, f***ing velociraptors, f***ing tree rats, f***ing botflies, f***ing illegal space aliens, and f***ing monkies in conjunction with f***ing PETA types.

If it isn't one f***ing thing, it's another f***ing thing!

Oh yeah, don't forget about the f***ing pussies that are afraid of finger guns.

Bilster
View Quote

Hey, are you doing a Sebastian Bach imitation?  You know, fu**ing Sebastian Bach, from fu**ing Skid fu**ing Row.  (if you've ever seen them, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about).
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#6]
As much as I love zombie movies, there is one key requirement that all zombie movies must meet in order to quality as grade A SHTF training material.

So, are there any GUNS in this movie?!?!?

Didn't see any in the trailer.  And since it does take place in England, I can't imagine the characters having anything to use against the zombies other than harsh language or perhaps an SA80 dropped by one of those guys with the big fluffy black hats.  In that case, I might prefer harsh language over an SA80...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bilster
View Quote

You know, that would almost make up for the f***ing "substitute white men for arabs" f***ing plot line in Tom Clancys Sum Of All Fears.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You know, that would almost make up for the f***ing "substitute white men for arabs" f***ing plot line in Tom Clancys Sum Of All Fears.
View Quote

No shit, that movie was the worst bastardization of a Clancy movie that I've ever seen.  Not that any of the other movies were much better.

When they make a Rainbox Six movie, I wonder if they will change the badguys from tree huggers (in the book) to rich white industrialists who want to wipe out humanity so they can keep all the oil for themselves.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, are there any GUNS in this movie?!?!?

Didn't see any in the trailer.  And since it does take place in England, I can't imagine the characters having anything to use against the zombies other than harsh language or perhaps an SA80 dropped by one of those guys with the big fluffy black hats.  In that case, I might prefer harsh language over an SA80...
View Quote

I dunno, the SA80 is kinda heavy and blunt... And it looks like it could balance well as a club...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#10]
It sounds like you should probably really be worried about taking your f***ing meds and the guys with the f***ing Air Tasers, f***ing bean bag guns, f***ing OC and f***ing emergency commitment papers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit, that movie was the worst bastardization of a Clancy movie that I've ever seen.  Not that any of the other movies were much better.

When they make a Rainbox Six movie, I wonder if they will change the badguys from tree huggers (in the book) to rich white industrialists who want to wipe out humanity so they can keep all the oil for themselves.
View Quote

A-f***ing-MEN!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry guys, this movie sucks big fat ass IMO.  Downloaded it several months ago (came out in Europe around then I take it).  

The principle characters don't use any guns on zombies, they run around with machetes and a bat.  With the way the virus is transmitted (any blood) that is the lamest thing I've ever seen.  Good luck bludgeoning (sp) someone to death without getting a drop of blood in your eyes/mouth/open wounds etc.  GAY, GAY, GAY.

There is a little bit of gun usuage towards the end, but by some rogue military guys.  It is shortlived, and very few zombies are killed.  Movie sucks ass.

I actually don't think any of the main characters so much as touch a gun during the movie.  One may have briefly held one of the military guys guns near the end, I can't remember, but no zombies were dispatched.

It sucks...  I don't care for the screwed up British way of making movies either.  This thing kinda gets weird toward the ending I thought.  

Very disappointed, certainly not a gun lovers SHTF movie...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#13]
... Are you sure you're not mixing this up with the plot for [b]12 Monkeys[/b]?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

The Clancy book I want to see made into a movie is Red Storm Rising. I figure it'll be at least four hours long. Whoever makes the movie will have to have a LOT of support from the armed forces.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:55:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The Clancy book I want to see made into a movie is Red Storm Rising. I figure it'll be at least four hours long. Whoever makes the movie will have to have a LOT of support from the armed forces.
View Quote

RSR is my favorite Clancy book.

Hell, if they make that into a movie, in order to do it any justice, they'd have to make it a week long mini-series, like they did with Stephen King's "The Stand."
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well that sucks!  I like zombies, but no guns???  It figures since it's a British film.

Maybe rent it some day...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, this movie sucks big fat ass IMO.  Downloaded it several months ago (came out in Europe around then I take it).  

The principle characters don't use any guns on zombies, they run around with machetes and a bat.  With the way the virus is transmitted (any blood) that is the lamest thing I've ever seen.  Good luck bludgeoning (sp) someone to death without getting a drop of blood in your eyes/mouth/open wounds etc.  GAY, GAY, GAY.

There is a little bit of gun usuage towards the end, but by some rogue military guys.  It is shortlived, and very few zombies are killed.  Movie sucks ass.

I actually don't think any of the main characters so much as touch a gun during the movie.  One may have briefly held one of the military guys guns near the end, I can't remember, but no zombies were dispatched.

It sucks...  I don't care for the screwed up British way of making movies either.  This thing kinda gets weird toward the ending I thought.  

View Quote

saw the movie at the sneak preview on the 13th.  not downloaded on sh*tty mpg or divx...

and on the big screen it *rocked*.

you're right, it isn't a gun loving SHTF zombie movie - however, it is the best zombie movie ever made.  i'm not some passing lover of zombie movies, either.  day of the dead, dawn of the dead, biker zombies, children shouldn't play w/ dead things, rotld1-3, notld, zombie, zombie apocalypse - hell, i've seen em all.  (i live a couple of miles away from scarecrow... just a shout out to seattlites - come on in and find out what a real video store looks like!)

28 days later is truly scary, well thought out, gory as f*ck, and has no major plot hole (beyond zombies - a little suspension of disbelief please).

as a note to those who are going to go see it - watch for a certain scene at the end w/ the main character tussling one of the military guys.  think about how insane his actions are, how intense his emotional shift is - it's a goddamn beautiful thing to watch a man hit his limits and react violently.

the zombies RUN and tear you apart!  and the whole infection aspect *adds* to the tension.  i didn't like the ending either, until i talked it out w/ the guy i saw it with... i think the characters earned the ending.  go see it.

edited to change deserved to earned - no liberal entitlement issues over here.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well that sucks!  I like zombies, but no guns???  It figures since it's a British film.

View Quote

Dog Soldiers was a Bristish movie and it had Guns (nice ones) all the way through it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dog Soldiers was a Bristish movie and it had Guns (nice ones) all the way through it.
View Quote

Is that the movie about the werewolves vs. Brits army guys (SAS?)?

If so, I caught about 10 minutes of it on TV, NOT a good movie IMHO.  I like guns, but not enough to watch a bad movie simply because it has a couple MP5s in it.

BTW, notice a theme here with guns in British movies???  It's okay for the military to have guns, but not the civies.  Not that Hollyweird is much better...
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Haven't seen 28 Days Later but it looks like it has potential.  Would rather see it than that Dawn of the Dead remake the Scooby Doo director is putting together.  

As for Dog Soldiers - it's out now on DVD.  Watched it twice last week, second time with the directors commentary track.  Plenty of H&K weapons, SA80 with blanks, Browning HP35.  Far as I'm concerned Dog Soldiers redefined the werewolf movie.  Best one out since American Werewolf in London.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe I didn't give it a chance, or maybe I'm not a werewolf fan, or perhaps I just don't like Brits.

Eitherway, your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I actually thought Dog Soldiers sucked hardcore the first time I saw it too.  Turned it off quickly.  But since I saw repeated recommendations from gun owners I watched it fully last time it was on.  It is a b-grade movie, but I thought it was actually pretty good when I gave it another chance.  Maybe you just have to be in the right mood...

On the other hand a group of friends decided to go see 28 days later this weekend, so I figured what the heck and went as well so see it on the bigscreen and give it another shot.  It did not get one bit better, this is a big crapfest in my opinion.  No one I went with really thought it was more than just "decent".
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is a b-grade movie, but I thought it was actually pretty good when I gave it another chance.  Maybe you just have to be in the right mood...
View Quote

There is a time and a place for b-grade movies.

Example: Army of Darkness.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:19:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, good b-movies are pleasant, because you're not expecting much out of them.  Big movies like 28 Days Later, you have high expectations.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:22:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

saw the movie at the sneak preview on the 13th.  not downloaded on sh*tty mpg or divx...

and on the big screen it *rocked*.

you're right, it isn't a gun loving SHTF zombie movie - however, it is the best zombie movie ever made.  i'm not some passing lover of zombie movies, either.  day of the dead, dawn of the dead, biker zombies, children shouldn't play w/ dead things, rotld1-3, notld, zombie, zombie apocalypse - hell, i've seen em all.  (i live a couple of miles away from scarecrow... just a shout out to seattlites - come on in and find out what a real video store looks like!)

28 days later is truly scary, well thought out, gory as f*ck, and has no major plot hole (beyond zombies - a little suspension of disbelief please).

as a note to those who are going to go see it - watch for a certain scene at the end w/ the main character tussling one of the military guys.  think about how insane his actions are, how intense his emotional shift is - it's a goddamn beautiful thing to watch a man hit his limits and react violently.

the zombies RUN and tear you apart!  and the whole infection aspect *adds* to the tension.  i didn't like the ending either, until i talked it out w/ the guy i saw it with... i think the characters earned the ending.  go see it.

edited to change deserved to earned - no liberal entitlement issues over here.
View Quote

the movies available on dvd in europe, im 100% confident he has a dvd rip, and not some recording from a personal camera on a theater seat
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

[hijack]i love dog soldiers, went out and bought it after seeing parts of it on sci fi cahnnel. but did they ever explain how the .308 broke? i remember it turned into a single shot after the chase in the woods.[/hijack]

28 days later looks like its gonna be awesome, even though there are no guns or zombie killing [>(]
View Quote

I saw Dog Soldiers in a movie theater...the only cool thing about the theater is the intensity of the sound, and a movie with a lot of gun fire demands rad sound
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#30]
TimJ,

OMG!  You said mimes!  I forgot about them!  I think they are a subclass of f***ing clowns.  Easy to kill though.  All's you need is an "air gun."

I did see the movie.  I give it a 5.  It is worth a looksee.

Not really zombies though, just dangerously insane sick people.  They are fast though! They can run at a full sprint.  Got to watch yourself around them.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#31]
First impression I got from watching the trailer was that it was an Omega Man remake, which in turn was a remake of Last Man on Earth.  Whatever you do, don't go out at night!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#32]
It sucked

Dog soldiers was a much better film.  (For guns and fun)

The climax was the army guys were killing the men, and raping the women.

The hero takes out the army guys.

What a fucking joke.

Not one damn gun until more than 1/2 way through.

A BIG disappointment.

TXL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top