Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/17/2002 8:54:00 PM EST
This is turning out to be something just like out of a movie. [url=www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-357822,00.html]Bush plan to defend America from terror[/url] "[b]The document begins with an acknowledgment of the difficulty of defining terrorism.[/b] “Terrorism is not so much a system of belief . . . as it is a means of attack.” Thus domestic attacks, such as Timothy McVeigh’s 1995 bombing in Oklahoma City, and the September 11 attacks should both be treated as terrorism — which brings the plan to one of its most contentious points: [b]the use of the US military to counter domestic threats.[/b] Until yesterday senior Pentagon officials, including Donald Rumsfeld, the Defence Secretary, had denied repeatedly that they planned to ask Congress to overturn, or bypass, the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act, a fundamental piece of legislation that sharply restricts the military’s ability to participate in domestic law enforcement. [b]But now the Administration argues for a “thorough review” of the law — an initiative that will add to the problems that the strategy faces in Congress.[/b]" "Tom Ridge, the newly appointed Director of Homeland Security, who developed the strategy, said yesterday that [b]US troops might ringfence cities in the event of a chemical or biological attack[/b], but that “rules of engagement” needed to be established."
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:57:47 PM EST
... this is BAD news, unfortunately most sheeple have no clue what the [b]Posse Comitatus Act[/b] is.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:58:26 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 8:58:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:04:21 PM EST
Yes, yes, all the pieces are being put in place... one question remains, who will be the dictator?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:21:23 PM EST
At this point in time, I honestly do not think I can vote for GWB, again. It doesn't come easy for me to say that. I have voted for every Republican presidential candidate since 1972.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 9:33:36 PM EST
Yeah I saw that movie a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:04:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: This is turning out to be something just like out of a movie. snip "Tom Ridge, the newly appointed Director of Homeland Security, who developed the strategy, said yesterday that [b]US troops might ringfence cities in the event of a chemical or biological attack[/b], but that “rules of engagement” needed to be established."
View Quote
I have not yet heard nor read anything from Govenor Ridge that indicates he is a true Republican. He appears to be some kind of hybrid Pennsylvania RINO. It is way too early to say that President Bush has signed off on this stuff. The Leftist press is in a panic to come up with ways to sabotage Bush's Presidency. Please don't help them Imbroglio. Oh yes, the future President Clinton told me that while she appreciates Imbroglio sowing seeds of doubt now, when she takes complete control she will be collecting Imbroglio's guns personally. She hopes Imbroglio will resist so she can burn Imbroglio's house down and host a barbeque for her good buddies Feinstein, Boxer, Reno, and their lesbian teenage girlfriends.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:22:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By Goad: The Leftist press is in a panic to come up with ways to sabotage Bush's Presidency. Please don't help them Imbroglio. Oh yes, the future President Clinton told me that while she appreciates Imbroglio sowing seeds of doubt now, when she takes complete control she will be collecting Imbroglio's guns personally. She hopes Imbroglio will resist so she can burn Imbroglio's house down and host a barbeque for her good buddies Feinstein, Boxer, Reno, and their lesbian teenage girlfriends.
View Quote
Well said. Lincoln suspended habeas corpus throughout the nation, put martial law into effect, arrested 13,000 copperhead Democrats who were "disloyal" and ignored the Supreme Court's ruling to reinstate habeas corpus. A damn fine and honorable man. After 9/11, Bush II declared a "national emergency" and has (through a long history of executive orders that were written, rescinded and rewritten by many Presidents) at his disposal the authority to impose martial law nationwide. Like it or not, the President has enormous power during times of war.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:26:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By Goad: The Leftist press is in a panic to come up with ways to sabotage Bush's Presidency. Please don't help them Imbroglio.
View Quote
He doesn't need my help since he is doing a good job of sabotaging it himself.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:26:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By Reaganite: Like it or not, the President has enormous power during times of war.
View Quote
And all of it complete and utter bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 10:30:08 PM EST
Like it or not, the President has enormous power during times of war.
View Quote
What war? The United States hasn't been at war since 1945.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:29:15 AM EST
Originally posted by Imbro: "Tom Ridge, the newly appointed Director of Homeland Security, who developed the strategy, said yesterday that US troops might ringfence cities in the event of a chemical or biological attack, but that “rules of engagement” needed to be established."
View Quote
I posted back last year FEMA has established plans for placing "Cordon Sanitaire" around any CNB'ed city. NG is the planned enforcement. If you're inside you're gonna stay there. Plans are to elicit LEO's cooperation by allowing their dependents' exit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:30:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By Crookshanks:
View Quote
View Quote
What is that Emergency Powers Act that has never been rescinded since War2?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:55:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By Arock:
Originally posted by Imbro: "Tom Ridge, the newly appointed Director of Homeland Security, who developed the strategy, said yesterday that US troops might ringfence cities in the event of a chemical or biological attack, but that “rules of engagement” needed to be established."
View Quote
I posted back last year FEMA has established plans for placing "Cordon Sanitaire" around any CNB'ed city. NG is the planned enforcement. If you're inside you're gonna stay there. Plans are to elicit LEO's cooperation by allowing their dependents' exit.
View Quote
It would make sense to do that if the presence of some type of contagious bio-organism, such as smallpox, or virus is detected. In any other case, I vote for "Escape from New York."
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:00:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/18/2002 3:00:37 AM EST by anti-gov-tinfoil-man]
Originally Posted By Crookshanks: At this point in time, I honestly do not think I can vote for GWB, again. It doesn't come easy for me to say that. I have voted for every Republican presidential candidate since 1972.
View Quote
but it's all a strategy to keep his opponents quiet. bush (no caps for this assfucker) relly has our best interest in mind. just wait to his second term when he'll become a crusader for the bill of rights. ya right. [img]http://home.wi.rr.com/antigov/antigov.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:09:01 AM EST
Rabbi Friedman believed that we would live in a "dictatorless totalitarian regiem" in which all actions would be judged by whether or not they offended someone else's feelings. We're already there.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:28:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By Crookshanks:
View Quote
View Quote
[i]{sigh}[/i] [V]
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:14:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/18/2002 9:18:50 AM EST by SP10]
I'm starting to think that 43 is gonna make Klinton look like a piker when comparing who assailed the constitution the most during their "reign." If all this Homeland security trash becomes law, just wait until a real, unabashed leftist sits on the throne. Oh vey.........pass the Rolaids (and the ammunition)........ BTW, I could swear I saw my neighbor with a pickup load of fertilizer, AND he has diesel fuel at his farm!!!!!! Holy sheeiiit, what is that TIPS number? QUICK!!!!!!!! Oooff-bad spellun day...
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:26:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By SP10: I'm starting to think that 43 is gonna make Klinton look like a piker when comparing who assailed the constitution the most during their "reign."
View Quote
I was hoping that a conservative president, if nothing else, would AT LEAST respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and interpret them in more of a strict constructionist manner. Silly me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 9:36:29 AM EST
A quick counterpoint: Didn't the founding fathers envision the US Army as a border-protecting, homeland-defense entity? Even George Washington led troops against US citizens while he was president. If I am correct about this, it was during the Whiskey Rebellion. Sending troops overseas to fight didn't seem to be the motivation for having armed forces, it was to protect our lands and the people who lived here. Just a counterpoint. I happen to agree with the PCA.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:07:04 AM EST
Good couterpoint Goblin. The current US government plan for smallpox terror is...wait until a few poeple die, have the CDC identify the smallpox, then quarantine and treat the entire affected area. I don't believe that local LE and National Guard can quarantine several million freaking out desperate panicing individuals who will not want to wait around to get sick in a city area like LA or Seattle. There will be Army troops involved. The rules of engagement will be to shoot anyone who tries to leave the area. The passalong rate for smallpox is like one infectious person infecting 13-20 others. These people will have nothing to loose. This crappy plan has to involve the use of Army troops.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:47:06 AM EST
all of this just serves to remind me to work on my BOB. i think i need more .45acp, and medical supplies. i'm ok for food, water and .223
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:00:11 AM EST
I see your points, I didn't see the harm until I contemplated it. So what would you propose to do in order to contain an outbreak? I always thought having the military protecting the borders would help slow drugs and terrorist actions are you agaist that?
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 11:13:35 AM EST
Originally Posted By mattja: It would make sense to do that if the presence of some type of contagious bio-organism, such as smallpox, or virus is detected. In any other case, I vote for "Escape from New York."
View Quote
Last year they were just itching to to do this for areas where HOOF AND MOUTH DISEASE is discovered and it wasn't just encircling actions but also detailed GUN CONFISCATION. The reasoning was you can't allow people to have weapons in lockdown areas because sooner or later they are going to try to get out using force. Remember that one scene from Red Dawn? "Go to the sporting good store. From the files obtain forms 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership." Only now they don't have to because the FBI NIC records still aren't being destroyed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:52:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 12:53:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin: A quick counterpoint: Didn't the founding fathers envision the US Army as a border-protecting, homeland-defense entity?
View Quote
Yes, that's they way it's supposed to be.
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin: Even George Washington led troops against US citizens while he was president. If I am correct about this, it was during the Whiskey Rebellion.
View Quote
Right again. Seems around 1790's a lot of uppity US CITIZENS weren't too happy about having to pay a certain tax to cover debts incurred during the Revolutionary War and so they became [u]organized and resisted forcefully[/u]. So Washington ordered thousands of milita members into service to take up arms against [i]{gasp!}[/i] [b]US CITIZENS!!! [/b] Oh the HORROR!!! Washington was a power-hungry dictatorial tyrant hellbent on destroying the Constitution!!!! [rolleyes] In fact, the Whiskey Rebellion was actually STARTED by George Washington as a way to "create a crisis" so he could grab even more power and become Grand Emperor Washington!!!! [rolleyes][rolleyes]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin: Sending troops overseas to fight didn't seem to be the motivation for having armed forces, it was to protect our lands and the people who lived here.
View Quote
"I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign [b]and domestic[/b]." Washington did it. Lincoln did it too. Al Qaeda terrorists are INSIDE our borders. Some may even hold US citizenship now. What is the Federal Gov't SUPPOSED to do? Politely ASK them to leave?????????
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 1:07:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:02:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By Waldo: I can't wait. [puke] Remember what good old Doug MacArthur did to the Bonus Marchers (WWI Vets) [url]http://www.worldwar1.com/dbc/bonusm.htm[/url]
View Quote
Life is not fair. Sometimes you may be right but it doesn't matter. Remember, those with the weapons always win.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:03:32 PM EST
Originally posted by jetlag: [b]Yes, yes, all the pieces are being put in place... one question remains, who will be the dictator?[/b] With a very large number of patriots still in this Country, I would imagine it would be the dead guy![USA]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:34:56 AM EST
Ban on Double-Jeopardy has gots to go too.
Top Top