Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 7:28:45 PM EDT
For those of you who don't know me or my son, despite being in Cali, we live up in the mountains in a very conservative, gun friendly county. A county where it's ok to shoot off [:)]our back deck.

A year ago we were paid a visit by a sheriff deputy responding to call of someone shooting guns - us of course - about 45 minutes after we stopped shooting. After making sure we weren't drinking and had a good back stop he told us to he encouraged people to practice all they wanted to, and that he would speak to the people who called ( wouldn't tell us who ).

Well it happened again today. Just a few weeks ago some new people moved into a house up the road. Today my son and one of his buddies from the USMC were out on the back deck shooting. When my son came into the house to get more ammo he saw a couple people standing at the top of our drive looking around. He figured they were checking out the noise of course, but since they seemed non threatening he paid them no mind. About 20-30 minutes later his buddy left. A few minutes after that he gets a call from him saying he just passed a sheriff heading down our way. My son told me the kept an eye out the window and sure enough in a few minutes the deputy cruises by slow. Passed on by the house and went on down the hill to turn around (we're on a dead end road) and came back by without stopping on his way out. No stop, didn't even come check on us this time.

I love our Sheriff's department! I love living where I can shoot like this. But these transplants who do not understand are getting to be an annoyance.

What's really funny is as I write this I can hear another neighbor down the other side of our hill out shooting his guns!! [:D]

edited to add: No offense meant to my fellow shooters here that live in the city (ok George?)

Also want to add: Anyone want to loan me $190K so I can buy up the 22 acres in the valley below my property so no more of these flatlanders move in?

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever you do, keep shooting on a regular basis!!!
If you run short on .223 let us know and I'll be happy to make a hefty supply appear at your door.
Thanks for raising a boy proper. His duty is appreciated by me and my conservative family.

I have my own son now, just 3 weeks old.
Any idea where I can get some AR15 Diapers?
Yes I'm looking for the "high caps".
Here in Pennsylvania they haven't banned
high capacity diapers....yet!

Good luck to you'all!
Always pays to befriend the local LEO's.

Keep us informed and if possible take
some photos of your "appalled" liberal
neighbors for us!!!!

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For those of you who don't know me or my son, despite being in Cali, we live up in the mountains in a very conservative, gun friendly county. [red]A county where it's ok to shoot our back deck.[/red]

View Quote

Why would you want to shoot your deck ? Is something wrong with it ? LOL
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Pathfinder,

Let me clarify this symptoms you are experiencing.

**Liberals are like a cancer**

**After they've destroyed the area where their views have predominated for years and years they move out.  Unfortunately they never realize what it was that turned their previous locality into the shithole that it became.  IOW they never seem to realize that it's liberalism itself that turns a society into an unfit shithole of a place to live.  SO instead of recognizing that reality they leave the *dead host*(liberal town/city/locality) and move outward to find a new healthy territory (or cells)to infect.  Once established there they continue to espouse and spread their sick left wing liberal ideology.  Given enough time their views will turn the new cell cancerous and eventually destroy it.

I live in what once was a conservative bastion of Nassau County (long Island), New York.  Due to years of City scum moving outward the demographics have been changing along with the declining quality of life for those of us who cherish our liberties and economic freedom.  Carolyn McCarthy unfortunately is my congressional representative.  She could never have been elected 15 years ago.  The clock is ticking up here & I'll eventually have to leave because of the way things are going.

John
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those of you who don't know me or my son, despite being in Cali, we live up in the mountains in a very conservative, gun friendly county. [red]A county where it's ok to shoot our back deck.[/red]

View Quote

Why would you want to shoot your deck ? Is something wrong with it ? LOL
View Quote

Smart ass! [:)] OK, I went back and edited it for your benifit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of city dwellers, some Bay Area agencies, politicians, and environ-whackos are again trying to get everyone into densely populated cities. Centralized power over the masses is, of course, their goal.

[url]www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/news/3243409.htm[/url]

A coalition of Bay Area regional agencies, environmental, business and social justice groups will present the draft Regional Livability Footprint Project.

It offers three growth alternatives that range from concentrating new residents inside existing cities to building transit villages to more compact suburban-style neighborhoods.
View Quote

Their pushing "Alternative 1", moving new residents into existing cities.

[url]www.abag.ca.gov/planning/smartgrowth/whatisSG.html[/url]

Regional ecosystems also provide important habitat for a number of endangered and threatened species, including the San Joaquin kit fox, the Bay checkerspot butterfly, the California red-legged frog, the California black rail, the Alameda whipsnake and the California least tern.
View Quote

Phuck that stinking frog! I have to live in a two-bedroom shithole in Oakland so some stinkin' frog has room to play? What BS!

And who's to say the Alameda whipsnake doesn't eat that stickin' red-legged frog? Obviously, the snake doesn't care the frog is an "endangered" species!

Morons!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I love living here. My friends always want to go shooting when they visit from the city.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top