Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/12/2005 10:14:08 AM EDT
So Cindy Sheehan has rallied over 100 people to her cause, and they are camped out with her outside of President Bush's ranch in Crawford TX.

More protesters don't really bother me. The local LE and Health Dept checking to make sure the protester are living in sanitary and healthy conditions doesn't bother me. The media attention doesn't bother me, because all these attention whores in Crawford will soon be replace by another MWWM (Missing White Woman of the Minute) who will get drunk and go wandering off in a few days. What bothers me is this snippit I have copied from an article about the protesters, from CBS news:

"Ranks Swelling At Camp Crawford
Mother Of Slain Troop Has Been Camped Out Since Saturday
Vows To Remain Until Meeting With Bush

...Austin attorney James C. Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, went to the site Thursday to make sure the group's rights were not being violated. He said he may file a federal lawsuit seeking to allow the protesters closer to Bush's ranch. ..."

So the local Civil Liberties Union of TX has arrived to make sure the the protester's "right aren't being violated. Peaceful protest is perfectly legal in this country, and there have been no reports of protester abuse yet, so why is the Civil Liberties Union already on the scene?

AND, how can the TX CLU file a federal lawsuit to allow the protesters to move closer into the property? Can they actually get caourt order to allow protesters onto private property?

I know the liberal media shitstorm that would ensue if this happened. Protesters give court ordered permission onto private property, then the Prez says: "Alright folks, it's been fun, but now you're tresspassing, I appreciate your 'position' and you constitutional right to protest, but now you're on private property, so please leave or I'll have to call the police to have you removed"

And the nthe Prez will be a HEARTLESS BASTARD who kills children and evicts their parents.

On the other side if the Prez leaves for the White House in his helicopter, and the protesters storm the ranch, ransack and st it on fire, theyll be heroes. Any criminal action brought against them would be protested heavily, by about the same amount of attention whores protesting right now.

When will the majority take back over in this country, when will the whining of a few be ignored to support the greater good of the many? When will the media have to answer for blatantly blowing stories out of proportion to get ratings while ignoring useful information that could benefit this country.

And when will someone stand up to the ACLU and inform them that all the "liberties" they are fighting for for a select few are endangering the lives of the rest of us?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:15:45 AM EDT
What you have said makes too much sense on it's own. I have nothing to add. You're spot on.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:18:15 AM EDT
I have a feeling the Secret Service protect the Crawford ranch even when W's not there, going over the wire probably wouldnt lead to long life expectancies for the hippies.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:24:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ShortMikeB:
So Cindy Sheehan has rallied over 100 people to her cause, and they are camped out with her outside of President Bush's ranch in Crawford TX.

More protesters don't really bother me. The local LE and Health Dept checking to make sure the protester are living in sanitary and healthy conditions doesn't bother me. The media attention doesn't bother me, because all these attention whores in Crawford will soon be replace by another MWWM (Missing White Woman of the Minute) who will get drunk and go wandering off in a few days. What bothers me is this snippit I have copied from an article about the protesters, from CBS news:

"Ranks Swelling At Camp Crawford
Mother Of Slain Troop Has Been Camped Out Since Saturday
Vows To Remain Until Meeting With Bush

...Austin attorney James C. Harrington, director of the Texas Civil Rights Project, went to the site Thursday to make sure the group's rights were not being violated. He said he may file a federal lawsuit seeking to allow the protesters closer to Bush's ranch. ..."

So the local Civil Liberties Union of TX has arrived to make sure the the protester's "right aren't being violated. Peaceful protest is perfectly legal in this country, and there have been no reports of protester abuse yet, so why is the Civil Liberties Union already on the scene?

AND, how can the TX CLU file a federal lawsuit to allow the protesters to move closer into the property? Can they actually get caourt order to allow protesters onto private property?

I know the liberal media shitstorm that would ensue if this happened. Protesters give court ordered permission onto private property, then the Prez says: "Alright folks, it's been fun, but now you're tresspassing, I appreciate your 'position' and you constitutional right to protest, but now you're on private property, so please leave or I'll have to call the police to have you removed"

And the nthe Prez will be a HEARTLESS BASTARD who kills children and evicts their parents.

On the other side if the Prez leaves for the White House in his helicopter, and the protesters storm the ranch, ransack and st it on fire, theyll be heroes. Any criminal action brought against them would be protested heavily, by about the same amount of attention whores protesting right now.

When will the majority take back over in this country, when will the whining of a few be ignored to support the greater good of the many? When will the media have to answer for blatantly blowing stories out of proportion to get ratings while ignoring useful information that could benefit this country.

And when will someone stand up to the ACLU and inform them that all the "liberties" they are fighting for for a select few are endangering the lives of the rest of us?

True freedom and liberty isn't concerned with the greater good of the many, but the rights of the indvidual. Be careful what you ask for.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:27:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 10:32:46 AM EDT by nightstalker]

Because they're planning to "abuse President Bush's rights by upping the protest to rioting and looting" and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are busy making money elsewhere. The complicit media realizes it's got better entertainment value on the way so they'll give all these guys/gals a lot of face time to spout off about "possible abuses" as if they were guaranteed to happen. It's an industry, this "reality entertainment".

ETA I would say the answer to this protest is to protest the protestors but more people in one place allows the media to portray free speech as "intolerance" and portray Izod shirt wearing conservatives as "brown shirts". I'm afraid we'll just have to let things run their course. Responding to your critics at every turn is not a productive strategy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:29:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 10:32:38 AM EDT by Johninaustin]
I see Harrington has now gotten national exposure. I guess all the lawsuits against my city for "police abuses" "racism" "discriminating against the homeless/gays/minorities" and various and other sundry liberal horsecrap wasn't paying enough. Think of him as a White Jesse Jackson. The "Texas Civil rights project" is just Harrington. There isn't anyone else. The man's ego is monstrous.

I've actually been named in a lawsuit by this twit. It went nowhere of course,(to my knowledge he's never won in court) but the city gave him money anyway. I just wish he'd take personal hygiene more seriously.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:31:14 AM EDT

Maybe people should camp out on JAMES C. HARRINGTON's yard and see if he raises a fuss...

http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/profile.php?id=jch46

www.zabasearch.com
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:53:30 AM EDT
For those not aware of the founding and the purposes of the ACLU; type in "ACLU and Marxism" on one of your search engines.

Regards,
Mild Bill
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:57:28 AM EDT
I am just waiting for the big showdown.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:02:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 11:03:55 AM EDT by Keith_J]

Originally Posted By Merrell:

Maybe people should camp out on JAMES C. HARRINGTON's yard and see if he raises a fuss...

http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/profile.php?id=jch46

www.zabasearch.com

1405 Montopolis Dr
AUSTIN, TX 78741

Just in case you want to call ahead, 512-474-5073

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:06:50 AM EDT

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:10:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nightstalker:

Because they're planning to "abuse President Bush's rights by upping the protest to rioting and looting"

Not that he'll need the help, but I'd volunteer for some moving target training out there if the start to loot.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:11:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
http://www.sparkfashion.com/images/r1004gr.jpg

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:12:59 PM EDT
Osama applauds these well wishers
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:33:38 PM EDT
Common sense is dead.

It is a virtue that will not return to American life unless the masses of the nation wake up from the nightmare of moral relativism, as Washington said:

|
|
|
|
|
V
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:44:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kharn:
I have a feeling the Secret Service protect the Crawford ranch even when W's not there, going over the wire probably wouldnt lead to long life expectancies for the hippies.

Kharn

Agent Smith, there's hippies in the wire! Hippies in the wire!

*red star cluster fires*

Hit the claymores!@
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 12:49:59 PM EDT
Shhhhsh! Be Wery, Wery quiet. I am hunting ACLU....huhuhuhuh.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:00:14 PM EDT
Liberalism is a mental disease that is destroying this nation.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:06:53 PM EDT

Hey, that is the number! According to the operator, he was in Crawford yesterday! The operator hung up on me because I told her that I don't support him and that I wished an 18-wheeler ran him over while driving back and forth. I left him my name and number to see if he calls back, maybe I can get a recording.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:41:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KlubMarcus:

Hey, that is the number! According to the operator, he was in Crawford yesterday! The operator hung up on me because I told her that I don't support him and that I wished an 18-wheeler ran him over while driving back and forth. I left him my name and number to see if he calls back, maybe I can get a recording.

I am an ass at times. I hope more people call.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:01:49 PM EDT
I heard this 100 person mob are in possession of illegal machine guns, and other weapons of mass destruction. Someone call the TX ATF.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:11:48 PM EDT

I think the majority has pretty much had a lock on the country since 2000. If you don't like what they've done with it, blame the majority, not the whiny minority. I'm not happy with a lot of the politicians that I've elected recently, viewing them as at best being slightly less bad than the alternatives.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:11:54 PM EDT
Too bad 'ol Generalissimo Reno is gone. She could call in the ATF boys & have a cookout.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:36:20 PM EDT
Someone needs to post a photo of that lawyer's house. I bet he lives in a much nicer house than most members here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:40:59 PM EDT
If I were Bush, I'de set the biggest most powerfull speakers and amp out side and play at maximum volume level. The dukes of hazzard theme song over and over all night and all day for as long as they are there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:51:12 PM EDT

It all started when we stopped enforcing the sedition and treason laws in the '60s.

Top Top