Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2010 5:30:40 PM EDT
OK, I freely admit that I don't need many more reasons to dislike my fellow Mississippian Jimmy Buffett. I did, however, think that being a Mississippi native, Buffett might think to include his home state on the concert t-shirt for the show he recently put on in Gulf Shores to drum up business for his sister Lucy's restaraunt "save the Gulf".

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––­–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––­–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––­––––––––––––-

BILOXI — Jimmy Buffett sang “Mississippi on my Mind” at Sunday’s free concert in Alabama yet Mississippi was missing from the official concert T-shirts.

Coast native Del Oehms Hamilton’s friends pointed out that her home state wasn’t listed on the T-shirt she bought at the Jimmy Buffett and Friends concert at Gulf Shores. Hamilton contacted the Sun Herald.

Over a peace symbol mural with dolphins, a turtle and a pelican are TX, LA and then AL — no MS. Between AL and FL, Georgia was included in the list of states affected by the oil spill, although it doesn’t have a Gulf coastline.

“Oh, no. That is sad,” said California artist MB Hanrahan when she learned of the mistake on the logo she designed.

“Artist chagrined. It won’t happen again,” she said as she pulled out her atlas.

“We turned that around in record speed,” said Hanrahan, whose signature is on the tag of the T-shirts.

She’s produced designs for Buffett before, including for a benefit after the 911 terrorist attack in New York, and said she was very honored to be asked to do this logo that was printed on the shirts and a souvenir sticker.

The commemorative shirts came in a variety of colors and depending on the size sold for $20 or $25.

Hamilton said they were going quickly at the benefit concert. “By the time they were a couple of hours into selling them, they were gone.”

Buffett organized the concert and invited his musician friends to bring attention — and 35,000 tourists — to the Gulf Coast, which has seen business slip away since the oil spill 85 days ago.

He opened the show with “The Pascagoula Run,” named for the Mississippi city where he was born, and sang “Biloxi,” where he played his first professional gig.

He also showed video from the Fire Dog Saloon in Bay St. Louis.

Hamilton said a friend was lucky enough to get tickets so they could go to the concert.

“It was great. A lot of fun,” she said.

She grew up on the Point in Biloxi, where her father was a commercial fisherman, and now is a librarian and project manager for Tulane University Library Recovery Center in New Orleans working to restore damage from Hurricane Katrina.

On the Internet she was surprised to see others hadn’t found out about the missing Mississippi.

She’s accustomed to Mississippi being left out, she said, but didn’t expect it to be forgotten on her T-shirt.

Link Posted: 7/14/2010 6:32:33 PM EDT
Jimmy can fuck off.
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 6:46:14 PM EDT
You're seriously bitchin' about that?

Link Posted: 7/14/2010 6:48:20 PM EDT
Looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:39:06 PM EDT
Jimmy Buffett didn't design the t-shirts.  So what are you bitching about?  How is it his fault?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:41:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Erik_the_Red:
Jimmy Buffett didn't design the t-shirts.  So what are you bitching about?  How is it his fault?

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:45:33 PM EDT
The food at his places sucks anyway.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 7:47:01 PM EDT
Jimmy is overrated. I could care less if he was a hardcore conservative. Dude makes terrible music.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:05:15 PM EDT
Yeah well,he can suck a big fat syphylictic cock for all I care.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:07:55 PM EDT
Sounds to me like you should have a problem with Hanrahan. You know, the artist that designed the shirt.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:20:58 PM EDT
Very very overrated music IMO.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:26:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cleatus-V:

OK, I freely admit that I don't need many more reasons to dislike my fellow Mississippian Jimmy Buffett. I did, however, think that being a Mississippi native, Buffett might think to include his home state on the concert t-shirt for the show he recently put on in Gulf Shores to drum up business for his sister Lucy's restaraunt "save the Gulf".

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––­–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––­–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––­–––––––––––-

BILOXI — Jimmy Buffett sang "Mississippi on my Mind” at Sunday’s free concert in Alabama yet Mississippi was missing from the official concert T-shirts.

Coast native Del Oehms Hamilton’s friends pointed out that her home state wasn’t listed on the T-shirt she bought at the Jimmy Buffett and Friends concert at Gulf Shores. Hamilton contacted the Sun Herald.

Over a peace symbol mural with dolphins, a turtle and a pelican are..

That's as far as I got reading that article then stopped.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 8:30:57 PM EDT
Jimmy jumped the shark a long time ago.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:05:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Erik_the_Red:

You're right. Its bush's fault. Get it? ;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:06:44 AM EDT
I like Jimmy

Even if he is a Leftist Douche
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:12:17 AM EDT
he donates shallow water boats for transporting wildlife and people bitch about a t shirt.  like him or not, give credit when credit is due
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:14:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MEGR:
Jimmy is overrated. I could care less if he was a hardcore conservative. Dude makes terrible music.

You mean "couldnt care less" right? I mean, saying that you COULD care less isnt much of a statement....
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:14:45 AM EDT
I don't care for his politics, but I had a great time at the free concert and I will definitely be seeing him again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:24:52 AM EDT
He has some great tunes
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:31:24 AM EDT

Over a peace symbol mural with dolphins, a turtle and a pelican are TX, LA and then AL — no MS. Between AL and FL, Georgia was included in the list of states affected by the oil spill, although it doesn’t have a Gulf coastline.

"Oh, no. That is sad,” said California artist MB Hanrahan when she learned of the mistake on the logo she designed.

"Artist chagrined. It won’t happen again,” she said as she pulled out her atlas.

Ok, again why is it when Sara Palin has a typo in a tweet, it becomes national news, yet Democrats routinely haven't a clue about this nations geography (57 States, Arizona's border with Mexico)

For fuck sake..........

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:38:46 AM EDT
I thought most show up at his concerts for the titties.

Wish I could post some pics.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:41:53 AM EDT
Love JB's music...Politically I think he's an Idiot..THAT SAID  
[“Oh, no. That is sad,” said California artist MB Hanrahan when she learned of the mistake on the logo she designed.
/quote]

yeah it SHOULD have been caught,.. but it was the artist's fuckup...and probabloy too late to re-design and reprint
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:45:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JSmith0515:

+1 same old tunes, nothing new in years.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:51:46 AM EDT
It's a shame that I'm reasonably fond of that assholes music.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:58:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dawgm:
he donates shallow water boats for transporting wildlife and people bitch about a t shirt.  like him or not, give credit when credit is due

Very obviously the tshirt is a metaphor for larger disappointments with Jimmy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:04:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By akethan:
Originally Posted By JSmith0515:

+1 same old tunes, nothing new in years.

Like the rest of the music industry..country is the worst of all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:16:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2010 4:19:44 AM EDT by Makarov]
I grew up in Florida. I love his music (mostly written by others) and the lifestyle. The first time I saw Buffett in concert, the ticket cost me $12.50. I even married a Parrotthead but Buffett has gone full retard in his old age. Frankly, I am surprised Buffett took obama's penis out of his mouth long enough to play that concert.

I'll just put on some of the older stuff and slip back into my Rum induced spiritual coma.

ETA- His "new" album (released last year) was the absolute worst. Just plain awful.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:47:32 AM EDT
Actually, it was noticed and when I tuned in to the broadcast, he was talking about the shirts being "all gone" and sorry about the typo etc. She was probably too wasted to hear him apologize during the concert that there had been an art mistake that nobody had caught in the rush to put togethether this free benefit concert.
Top Top