Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2001 5:34:52 AM EDT
This is the third time this year I have hear about shootings at buses in the City.  Don't these people know Chicago is Gun free?  Its a big no-no?
Sounds like the guys were shooting small caliber guns at the buses, they didn't even gio thru, just dented the door.
c-rock
http://chicagotribune.com/news/local/northwest/chi-0110060110oct06.story?coll=chi%2Dnewslocalnorthwest%2Dhed

CHICAGO -- Two Chicago Transit Authority buses were hit by stray bullets during the Friday morning rush hour on the South Sidepolice said. No one on board was hit by the gunfire, but four people were treated for minor injuries sustained when the buses came to a quick stop.

Police said the gunfire erupted about 8:35 a.m. when the buses were in or near the 2000 block of East 67th Street.

One bus, a No. 14 Jeffery Express with six passengers, had three windows broken, CTA spokesperson Anne McCarthy said. The other bus, a No. 27 South Deering with three passengers, and had its rear doors dented by bullets.

Both bus drivers and two passengers on the No. 14 bus were taken to Jackson Park Hospital, police said. A hospital spokeswoman said they were in fair condition and were to be released Friday.

Copyright © 2001, Chicago Tribune

Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Love those media terms...

Gunfire Erupted...

if it didn't go through the door, wouldn't it have been more of a pop than an eruption?

wannabe

**edited cause i'z a moron
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 5:51:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Instead of advertising, the CTA should hang big banners on the side of the buses with the words "don't shoot at us - this is a gun free zone."  That should put fear into the hearts of those shooters.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait a second. If it's a "gun free zone" then who has the guns???
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Originally quoted from Chicago Tribune:
. . .but four people were treated for minor injuries sustained when the buses came to a quick stop.
View Quote

That's what I would do if taking fire--stop!!  CTA drivers must be well trained.  For the record, boys and girls, when bullets strike around you flee, don't stop and wait for more.  LOL
View Quote
                                                Pedal to the metal!.......We`re going to see more and more whackos in the days/weeks to come!..........[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe Dilly Daley should have Chicago's buses camouflaged and armor plated. Don't the boys from Illinoise carry FOID cards?  I thought on the back of FOID cards it expressley states  the sport of shooting at CTA busses (that might be carring ones own relatives) is strictly prohibited. Sounds like city living is very exciting.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#8]
( Chicago ) + ( gun-free zone ) == LOL!

Any chance the semi-automatic small caliber[size=6]erupting gunfire[/size=6] hailing barraging cache rounds came from out of the city limits?

I hear those high velocity small caliber rounds can match the .233 Rem in velocity.  3,000+fps.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Chicago is a progressive city.  By that I mean when I was a kid growing up there, we were limited to rock-centered snowballs. The CTA has always been fair game. They got some pretty tough, scarfaced bus drivers tho.    
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it was a terrorist who fired at the bus!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top