Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 5:25:35 PM EDT
Prepare for more major suckage on your daily commute through Atlanta....

I-20 West damage

Another major highway through Atlanta is closed, this one because an underground gas leak caused the fast lane to buckle.
View Quote
Crazy thing is, I went through the exact area and down the exact same lane less than 90 minutes before this happened.  We saw the traffic jam on our way back east on I-20, and it was ridiculous.  I clicked the odometer on the car, traffic was backed up over 6.5 miles when we went through.  They had entire areas of the interstate completely blocked off, and had started turning some cars around and having them detour off the on ramps.  It won't be as bad as the I85 bridge disaster, but will make the morning commutes an even bigger PITA for the next couple weeks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1985357_BREAKING---Part-of-I-20-Westbound-in-ATL-just-buckled.html

Last I heard, it wasn't a gas leak. Supposedly, a crew was filling an old 36" gas line with concrete, and something went wrong. That may also be incorrect at this point, but I'm sure we'll get all the details in a day or two.
2 westbound lanes are open again, so we're down from 100% fucked to maybe 80%.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
My search-fu sucks...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
motorcycle rider in critical because of it, wrong place/wrong time.  In HOV lane so assuming he was running 60-70 ish??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top