Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2002 8:37:37 AM EDT
So, I was listening to the radio the other day and heard an interview with a freshman female discussing the plans for the ant-war protest.  What surprised me was that she was very articulate (for an 18yo girl) and had that audacity to say George Bush has "put a moratorium on dissent".  I didn't believe her and a little shocked to her someone actually believe it.

Fast forward a few days.  Yesterday, I was lurking around DU.com and come along a post "Why (sic) makes people become a Conservative?"
http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=13466&forum=DCForumID60#39

I posted a few times putting the reasons (well articulated, not abusive) why I was a conservative.  No name calling or anything of the sort.  My first reply was deleted and my ID got the tombstone.  I created another ID and replied to a few comments that were made.  Again those comments were reasoned, non-abusive and rational, as one DUer stated.  That ID was tombstoned and the posts deleted.

So, who has the moratorium on dissent?  I know full well that 1st A rights do not extend to private websites/forums.  It is a private board and no one has the "right" to post there and can be removed at any time without reason or cause.  However, I find it is precisely the same action as liberals on the street, "I have my opinion and it's right, no matter how wrong it may be."  Please don't confuse them with facts or reasoned arguments, as they will put their heads in the sand and ignore all they hear.

They will plainly state what they think Republicans are and why we are conservative, some of the examples are:

Racist, head injury, religious reactionaries, greedy, selfish, angry, unsuccessful, rich, fear and others.

They don't want a discussion, they want a party where no one like them can come so they can scratch their collective egos.  Very fitting, as it is exactly like that in the real world, too.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/Images/dead_freeper.jpg

For obvious reasons, I didn't link to the image, but you get the point.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
They rarely have any intelligent opinions.  Everything is emotional and unsupported by fact, reason or logic.  And if you argue with them, then you are not just wrong, but you are evil and vicious and mothers with children are not safe around you.

I have a friend in Houston who is married to a Green.  The gems that come from her mouth are incredible.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top