Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:43:10 AM EDT
Anybody get the chance to go?
Anybody have as bad of a time as I did?
Anybody not going back like me?
I know there has to be a few Mopar fanatics out there ARFCOM land...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:45:11 AM EDT
Why was it so bad?
Had planned on going (wife's people near by) but work got in the way.
Went in '02 and had a blast.Dave
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:01:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 12:04:04 PM EDT by Shadowsabre]
My buddy drove this year, took his 67 Coronet 440, his high school car with the original factory paint still on her.
He pre-registered ($65) and got the stuff in the mail.
Got there Sat morning at about 7:00.
Went thru the back entrance (Gate H Refugee Rd.)and proceeded to drive in.
He takes care of getting the car and his girlfriend's kid in and I run up to get my ticket ($30 for 2 days).
I walk in and wait for him just inside the entrance.
He pulls up and I get in, we are waiting for the crowd to walk across the road.
I look over and here is this kid (12-14 years old) and his Dad backing up towards the car in a golf cart.
I start yelling "Hey, Stop!"; he stops, looks at me and them starts backing up, right into the side of the car.
He pulls forward after a few minutes and then I get out and the kid takes off running.
My buddy get the Dad and starts to talk him while I check out the damage.
A large dent in the front fender and door, chipped paint and primer and bare metal showing.
A State Police officer comes up to me and says "Move this thing, your blocking the road and traffic is backing up"
I turn around and say "We just had an accident here", He interrupts me and says "I saw the whole thing, Move it now or I'm giving you a ticket" as he reaches for his ticket book.
Anyway, the Father wants to get out of there and tries to give us a business card with his number on it.
My buddy asks for his driver's license and he refuses and grabs the card back and proceeds to stomp off.
My buddy now has to turn it into the insurance company and hope they will give him something.
So much for the survivor paint.

We tried to find a place to park and ended up out in the sticks, next to a dirt road that covered the car with dust and dirt.
We couldn't walk anywhere without getting ran over by a golf cart or 4 wheeler or scooters.
Prices were ridiculous ($3 for water, $6.50 for a burger), luckly we brought our own stuff to eat and drink.
Prices in the swap meet were outrageous.
I think I should just part out my Cuda and sell the parts. They seem to be doing better than my 401k.
We got thru the swap meet and the vendors by 6:00 and decided to head for the hotel and make lists of stuff we needed from the vendors.
Next day, we get there and find most of the vendors had pulled out during the night.
Good thing we can order some stuff with free shipping and 10% off.
It just sucked.
I should have just dropped the money at the gate and left, I would have been money ahead.
Money grabbing Bastards that run that place should be ashamed of themselves.
No organization at all there, just one big Cluster F$ck.
I don't think I'm ever going back.
I'll take my luck at Carlyle PA next year instead.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:08:18 PM EDT
Okay.Time erases the crappy stuff.I now remember parking in East Bum****,and walking forever.Plus,it was hotter than hell that year too.Prices for food/drinks were high,but seems that everything is nowadays.
Maybe I'm blocking out the bad,'cause I met Bill "maverick" G ,and his wheelstanding A 100.My here 30 + years ago.dave
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:09:48 PM EDT
Colorado->Pennsylvania. Gas prices. Multi carbs. Big Cubes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:07:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 7:09:07 PM EDT by YELLOWV]
I'm sorry but if a guys kid did several hundred dollars worth or more damage to my classic car and he refused to give me his liscence and insurance info and turned around and walked away he would be waking up in a hospital bed. YOu should have at least got that asshole cops badge number and filed a complaint.
Top Top