Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/22/2002 1:46:06 PM EDT
According to Chief Moose, "We have not been able to ensure that anyone, any age, any gender, any race – we have not been to ensure anyone their safety in regard to this situation." No surprise, but there you have it. 100's, 1000's(?) of police, ATF, FBI, etc. can't do anything to protect the average citizen. I'm not trying to rag on them, it is an impossible job. They can't be everywhere at once. However, average citizens can. I'd like to see tens of thousands of armed citizens able to respond in seconds, rather than minutes. I can't help but think of the number of crimes prevented, or criminals apprehended shortly after attacks in Israel by armed citizens. Someday, (if it hasn't happened already), a citizen is going to be in a position to stop this POS, but won't be able to. Tragic.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 4:28:16 PM EDT
Well, this post went over like a lead balloon! I just find it interesting that time-after-time the police, FBI, ATF, or whomever is charged with public safety admit they aren't superhuman, and can't be everywhere at once, and therefore (logically) can't truly protect people. Yet even in the face of this, liberals still insist that individuals don't have the right to protect themselves or their family. In MD, you stand zero chance of protecting yourself. At least you have a small chance in VA.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:00:03 PM EDT
Top Top