Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 4:56:35 PM EST

www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/0,1259,---23423,00.html

Moore Gets in Last Shot Before Election

Mon, Nov 01, 2004, 09:11 AM PT
By Mike Szymanski

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) -- Documentarian Michael Moore vowed he'd get his Bush-bashing film "Fahrenheit 9/11" shown before the election, and now he will via the Internet.

Beginning Monday night (Nov. 1) at 8 p.m. ET, the controversial 122-minute film can be downloaded through CinemaNow, for $9.95. It will also be available to 10 million Dish Network satellite TV service subscribers.

"We're trying to be balanced, we are also offering programming at the same time that may thought to be critical of John Kerry, and it is for one night only," Dish spokesman Mark Lumpkin tells Zap2it.com. That film, "Stolen Honor," is also available online for free.

Already, Moore's movie has set records for the best box office documentary of all time, with receipts exceeding $119 million. And, it set more records last month for video/DVD rentals when it made $5.5 million.

The movie won best picture at the Cannes Film Festival. Moore, who won the best documentary Oscar for his last film, "Bowling for Columbine," has also decided to forgo the category this time around in favor of submitting "Fahrenheit 9/11" as a best picture contender.

A portion of the profits for the Cinema Now proceeds for the pay-per-view window will go to the veterans charitable group Fellowship Adventure.

"Political films have sparked a passion among the general public that the movie industry has not seen for some time," says Curt Marvis, chief executive officer of CinemaNow. "We're thrilled that the people behind 'Fahrenheit 9/11' have recognized the power of digital distribution."

Those without a Netflix subscription or an extra $9.95 burning a hole in their pocket, can also see "Fahrenheit" before casting their vote as Moore is also offering his video for free via participating video stores in 36 states.

The film criticizes George Bush's administration for the war on Iraq and talks to U.S. soldiers and their families who no longer support the president. He criticized Bush when he accepted his Academy Award for best documentary for "Bowling for Columbine" in 2003.

Since then, he's told Zap2it.com he planned to have "Fahrenheit" available "to the masses," because he says, "I hope my movie will affect the election."

Moore insists, "It isn't possible to view this film and come out saying you are voting George W. Bush."
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:57:45 PM EST
When will that fat fuck die?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:00:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By TGorsk08:

Not soon enough.

I hope Bush wins so he can call fat ass and say "Guess what fat fuck I win You Lose"

That would never happen because W has more class in his little finger than most Dems in their whole body.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:00:42 PM EST

After he makes a few million more dollars becoming 'the rich' and 'the wealthy' in the country he hates under the President that encourages Free Enterprise...

If you can freakin' believe the hypocrisy of the LEFT!!! Arrrrggghhhhh!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:01:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 5:02:06 PM EST by ISMO]
All the people getting heart disease, high cholesterol, brain anurisms, etc., and this dirt bag will probably live to be 100....

There's no justice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:02:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:02:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jm03:

Not soon enough.

Funny,thats what I was thinking when I posted.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:02:58 PM EST

Already, Moore's movie has set records for the best box office documentary of all time

I see something wrong with this statement.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:03:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:07:24 PM EST
HA! I just heard on Fox that Mooreon got pulled over for speeding in LA. Mooreon asked the officer if he could "hurry it up" but the officer said "no, you can walk", so he did.

If walking in through LA doesn't kill him, the stress on his ticker may!!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:07:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Airwolf:

Moore, who won the best documentary Oscar for his last film, "Bowling for Columbine," has also decided to forgo the category this time around in favor of submitting "Fahrenheit 9/11" as a best picture contender.

That's the closest that fat bastard will ever come to admitting his piece of trash isn't a documentary.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:07:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 5:09:38 PM EST by chainshaw]
I just heard on Fox that Moore's limo got pulled over for running a red light on the way to a rally tonight. When Moore got mouthy and told the officer to hurry it up, the LEO told him that if he was in a hurry, he could walk. So, fat ass got out and started walking.

I just checked Dish and they did offer both F911 and Stolen Honor at the same times for the same amount of money.

ETA - 26 seconds too late, Motown_Steve, you're a bitch!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:14:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jm03:

Not soon enough.

I hope Bush wins so he can call fat ass and say "Guess what fat fuck I win You Lose"

That would never happen because W has more class in his little finger than most Dems in their whole body.

You are correct, but that's what the Vice President is for.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:22:04 PM EST

Moore insists, "It isn't possible to view this film and come out saying you are voting George W. Bush."

Wow a lie from mm, who would ever have suspected that?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:23:46 PM EST
I could see DU having a circle jerk around this movie but that's about it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:24:54 PM EST
Can't wait to see his fat ass explode when Bush wins.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:27:26 PM EST
DAMMIT! For a second I thought it said, "Moore gets shot before election".
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:27:59 PM EST
Wishful Thinking:

Moore was killed when an armed intruder broke into moore's house and moore had to wait for 911 since he was against owning a protective firearm.

Or better yet:
Moore was killed today in a second wave of Al Qaeda terrorist attacks. Liberals were stunned and asking why would the terrorist attack one of their most beloved supporters.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:59:31 PM EST
What a Fuckin cock sucker this little bitch is..............Maybe that food blister will have a heart attack when W wins................I can only hope
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:55:37 PM EST
I was in WallyMart and was looking to buy some flicks so I bought RunDown and it was a toss up between Farenite 911 and the Directors cast Dawn of the Dead!!

Well DOD won out!!

Bob
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:05:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Saturday Night Live Election special... Michael who?

I hope to God you're right...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:07:52 PM EST
What a money whore.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:08:41 PM EST
Damn, I misread the topic, I thought it read something about him getting shot before the election
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:13:28 PM EST

I just checked Dish and they did offer both F911 and Stolen Honor at the same times for the same amount of money.

All I saw on Dish was three (3) movies for Kerry. Fat ass's movie, Upriver, and one I think against Bush for being Christian called Faith in the White House.
Top Top