Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2006 7:43:58 AM EDT
linkeroo

TOM Cruise yesterday revealed his latest bizarre mission..to eat his new baby's placenta.

Cruise vowed he would tuck in straight after girlfriend Katie Holmes gives birth, saying he thought it would be "very nutritious".

The Mission Impossible star, 43, said: "I'm gonna eat the placenta. I thought that would be good. Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there." It is the latest in a series of increasingly strange outbursts from Cruise in the run-up to the birth.

He has claimed the baby, due any day, will be delivered in total silence.

The Top Gun star also insisted he "sensed" fiancŽe Katie was pregnant before she told him.

And he has blurted out details of the couple's sex life, saying: "It's spectacular."

Advertisement

The actor, who recently also claimed he has the power to cure drug addicts, has even been carrying out his own medical scans on the foetus after buying himself an ultrasound machine.

Silent birth is one of the rules of the cult of Scientology, which Cruise is devoted to.

The cult - founded by the late sci-fi writer L Ron Hubbard - claims that 75 million years ago aliens came to earth and their spirits now infest our bodies.

Cruise told GQ magazine Hubbard had discovered making a noise had a "negative spiritual effect" on someone giving birth. He insisted that 27-year-old Katie would be allowed to scream, adding cryptically: "It is really about respecting the woman. It's not about her screaming.

"And scientifically it is proven. Now there are medical research papers that say when a woman's giving birth everyone should be quiet."

Cruise also revealed he and Katie have been preparing for the birth by holding classes at their Beverly Hills home.

He said: "We've been studying what a woman goes through. What happens to her body. It's just kind of becoming this fun game of learning."

Cruise said his sex life with Batman Begins star Katie had made him realise one-night stands were "horrible".

He added: "Great sex is a by-product for me of a great relationship, where you have communication. It's an extension of that. If you're not in good communication with your partner, it sucks."

Cruise, who has two adopted children with ex-wife Nicole Kidman, will not be the first star to make a meal out of his baby's placenta.

Rod Stewart and girlfriend Penny Lancaster took home their baby's placenta, sprinkled it with tee tree oil and buried it in the garden.

In 1998, Channel 4 chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall fried a placenta with shallots and garlic and served it up to 20 guests, including the baby's mum and dad.

TV watchdogs later criticised the show, branding it "disagreeable".

But placenta-eating is considered normal in some cultures. Various recipes include one for placenta lasagne. Some say eating it helps avoid post-natal depression.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
That kid is fucked for life.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll say it plainly:

That motherfucker is just plain damned insane. He should be locked up and never allowed anywhere near a child, his or otherwise.

SG
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#3]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=456109

Repost.

I don't like being a dupe nazi, but anything involving Tom Cruise makes me ill...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That kid is fucked for life.  

+1000.  Never stands a chance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Repost

Repost
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Repost.

Oh, shit!  I searched on "placenta" and I thought I was in the clear.

Is "repost" a nice way of saying "DUPE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!! DIE! DIE! DIE!!!"?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
DUPE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!! DIE! DIE! DIE!!!

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Repost.

Oh, shit!  I searched on "placenta" and I thought I was in the clear.

Is "repost" a nice way of saying "DUPE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!! DIE! DIE! DIE!!!"?

Yup Besides, the other post has some nice dinner pics.....

Next time do a search for "Tom Cruise is a fucking moonbat". It might get you a few more hits.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#9]
If Tom Cruise was just a regular joe, he'd already be in a straight jacket and confined to a room with high ceilings and soft walls.

What a fruitcake! He is SERIOUSLY mental. And Katie Holmes must be mental too, otherwise she'd divorce this 'loon and keep him the hell away from the child.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you serve that with white or red wine?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Repost?

No its a DUPE!!

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#13]
dupe
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't he have two kids already?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"If you're not in good communication with your partner, it sucks."
--Tom Cruise

<START adolescent mind processes>
Is the 'it' refering to the partner? have
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Doesn't he have two kids already?

Adopted.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
dupe

Jesus H Christ.

Don't you think the first 72 people to point that out might have gotten the point across?

Glad you got the extra post count though... Perhaps folks will take you more seriously now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#18]
As lng as he keeps making kick-ass movies he can eat the placenta, the cord, the kid, the mom, and everyone else in the delivery room.

But yes.... he's fucking wacked.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Cant do a search for "Tom" or "Cruise"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top