Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 10:23:07 AM EDT
Has anyone ever posted their resume on Monster.com. If so how was your luck ? Whay do you consider a good median hourly wages with 1900.00 monthly debt.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has anyone ever posted their resume on Monster.com. If so how was your luck ? Whay do you consider a good median hourly wages with 1900.00 monthly debt.

'Good wages' has nothing to do with your BILLS and everything to do with your SKILLS.

I have hired, and been hired through, monster.com.

My *next* job will probably come from there, too, if I leave here.

YMMV.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Monster worked for me.

A few headhunters picked up my resume in the first 48 hrs. and ran with it.  Turned out well, I got a bunch of interviews and a job.

I don't know if it works for everyone, but it was great for me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Monster has worked for me in the past...give it a whirl.

HH
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I found my current  job through Monster.

Scott

Edited because I can't spell
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't     Monster.com = Communist.com ?

I might be thinking of some other .com .
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I am in the computer field and found that it is just about worthless for that field. I posted my resume, and set up one of those agents to tell me about anything that matched my resume.

Out of a few hundred of their job alerts I have received, I have gotten maybe two or three job listings that were appropriate. Lots of times all I get in those agent e-mails is stupid spam about how to make millions at home stuffing envelopes.  Lots of the job notices I get are also waaaaaay out of my geographical area.

If you are in any computer-related field you will get far better results at Dice.com
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I found my current job through Monster.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Only downside that I know of to Monster.com is that the founder donates millions of $ to handgun control groups.

Good way to get a job though, from what I hear.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn two weeks and no luck. Being unemployed sucks bigtime. NW Ohio really,really sucks
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I am in the computer business, and have found many contract jobs, and my current full time employment at Monster.  Dice works well too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top