Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2004 2:42:45 PM EDT
I'm trying to sell a shooting coat and a few weeks back a guy-david [email protected]
Said he was interested and wanted pics.So I sent the pics.I get another email from him,which basically states he will send me a check for $3000 and for me to keep the money for the coat plus an extra $100 for my troubles.Then send him back the remainder.Something about hospital bills.
Is there someone to report this to?"internet police"?
When I got the first email the coat was listed here and on USNATIONAL.US.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like its a stolen check. He wants you to do the risky part and cash it so he wont have to.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
[Arnold]RRRRRRUUUUUUUNNNNNN, GET TO DE CHOPPPPPPPHHHEEERRR!![/Arnold]

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
that right there is one of the oldest scams ,it will be a cashier check(fake of course) you cash it  send the money and coat then the bank calls and tells you the check is fake and you are out of a bunch of money .Just tell him to take his check and shove it up his pooper and don't post pics
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top