Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2002 5:13:10 AM EDT
... Just "another" home invasion in town here. However, this time mom gets off a shot before being killed.

... BG gets taken to local hospital by his accomplice. BG dies from a big hole in his neck. Accomplice arrested after blood drops lead back to scene.

... Warning to wannabe BGs in Arizona: Take your tricks elsewhere. We shoot to kill, and were practicing quicker draws too.

[url]http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0709murder-ON.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Sad situation but a good post. Check out my post on Brothers of the shield Trends in law enforcement.Please comment, as a lot have reviewed it with few comments.( I fear my message is lost on current LEO's) Even if you submit to a crime you may be shot and killed to avoid the wittiness factor. She was a brave woman.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That really sucks.

You guys give rat bastards like them the happy juice...right?  No liberal life with chance of parole in a few years...right?  Good.

Damn them to hell...[pissed]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like the dead guy is the real victim here:

"I woke up to this. I love my baby brother so much. We are like peas in a pod," said Tabitha Glenn, 22, of Tempe. "He had a hard life. I wouldn't wish this on anyone because it hurts so much. I don't know what is going on . . . but that my brother's dead."
View Quote

Give me a break.  Actually, it sounds like someone should get prints off the sister and see what her record looks like.  The lawyers and media will turn this guy into the victim.  The biggest problem is that decent folks never really follow these types of stories through to the dirtbag(s) getting offed.  Once we quit watching the unethical and immoral segment takes over, turning the dirtbag into a poor, socially-deprived choir-boy and said bad guy ends up taking a plea bargain or getting off completely.  In my opinion, they are entitled to a jury trial.  They are entitled to an appeal if they choose, and they always do.  But where is the oversight and recourse for the flip side?  Well, there isn't any.  The best we can do is make it clear, through whatever means available, that we as a society, the silent majority, will no tolerate these types of injustices against civilized people.  I hope someday we take our courts away from the media and liberal apologists.

I hope this case turns out as cut-and-dry as it should.  It's worth keeping an eye on, though, for you AZ folks.

As Dennis Miller says, "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok....so while I can see the good part about this what with a dead criminal I still have to wonder.

The daughter is 16.......right??

It happened at 2:36am......right??

AND THE BOYFRIEND WAS IN THE DAUGHTERS ROOM???

Yes indeed a nice upstanding family unit....

I am not saying that this makes it ok but it does provide IMHO some insight into the lifestyle of the victims.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't see this on the TV news, must of got pushed off cause of the storm reports...
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

... It was a home invasion for Heavens sakes!

... and you have no skeletons in your closets that would prevent you from defending your home?
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's another home invasion with a different ending:

[url]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2002/07/03/BA174302.DTL[/url]

Robbers rape woman in S.F. home
Husband tied up, children locked away
View Quote

Masked men burst into a Sunnydale housing project unit early Tuesday and raped a woman while holding her husband and young children at bay, San Francisco police said.

Two or three men apparently used a key to the building at Sunnydale Avenue and Hahn Street, entered the unit and rousted the family from sleep at gunpoint at 3 a.m., said Lt. Jere Williams of the sexual assault detail.

The 35-year-old husband was bound and left upstairs, while the 27-year-old wife was taken downstairs and tied up, Williams said. The assailants demanded money from her.

The three children, who range in age from an infant to a 9-year-old, were taken to a bedroom and shut in, Williams said.

When the woman said she had no money, she was sexually assaulted by one man and then by another, Williams said.

At one point, the men removed their masks.

"The entry was possibly made by a passkey, because there was no forced entry," said Officer Jim Deignan, a police spokesman. "They ransacked the house and ran out the back door."

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the police Sexual Assault Unit at (415) 553-1361.

----------------------

If I'm not mistaken, it's against state law to have a firearm if you reside in a federally subsidized housing project.

So...........SOL!
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:16:23 AM EDT
[#8]
My uncle was killed a few years back while washing his car right after sunset. 3 Mexicans ages 16-20 or so held him at gunpoint demanding his wallet and car keys, He complied and as he turned around to walk away at their orders they shot him 3 times in the back.

Hang em high and kill em all.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 2:40:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok....so while I can see the good part about this what with a dead criminal I still have to wonder.

I am not saying that this makes it ok but it does provide IMHO some insight into the lifestyle of the victims.
View Quote

Wow, way to be self righteous.  When I was in high school, I knew a kid who lived with his girlfriend and her parents because his parents were drug abusing alcoholics.  He didn't want to be around that type of crap and his girlfriends parents let him stay there.

And in the story, there's nothing that says they were in the same room together.  It says he woke up to the mother yelling, looked into the hallway to find masked men with guns, and then locked the girlfriend in a room to protect her while he got pistol whipped.

Yeah, he sounds like a real scumbag.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 6:22:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My uncle was killed a few years back while washing his car right after sunset. 3 Mexicans ages 16-20 or so held him at gunpoint demanding his wallet and car keys, He complied and as he turned around to walk away at their orders they shot him 3 times in the back.

Hang em high and kill em all.
View Quote

... I'm sorry about your loss [b]TheFNG[/b].

... Was that the incident at the car wash in or near Guadalupe? I remember that on the news.

... Again, another terrible case even further proving the support of all law abiding citizens the right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

What, the cold getting to you?  Why don't you take Spanish lessons and move to Mexico?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Either you're a virgin or an idiot, either way, i feel sorry for you.  At 16, my GF had me over many times at night.  Her parents thought it was far better than us being out driving around.  If you noticed, it seems as though the teens were FULLY CLOTHED, since they were had the presence of mind to react the way they did.

Anyway, did you think about the fact that the mother is dead and the daughter held her mom until she died?  No, you only presumed the house  deserved what happened.  

What a dick.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Wolf: Downtown Chandler.
One of em told the police during interrogation that they wanted the car so that they didn't have to walk home, 4 blocks north.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Wallace the boyfriend 26 years old, 10 years older then the girl? And in her room ar 2:30 am. Nice. Sad story but what the hell is going on with this family? Seems like the kids and their stupid mouths that started all this shit. The home invaders knew the girl and her much older boyfriend and knew they had $500 cash with them? Something really screwed up here.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wallace the boyfriend 26 years old, 10 years older then the girl? And in her room ar 2:30 am. Nice. Sad story but what the hell is going on with this family? Seems like the kids and their stupid mouths that started all this shit. The home invaders knew the girl and her much older boyfriend and knew they had $500 cash with them? Something really screwed up here.
View Quote
Just another stat showing that victims of most violent crimes aren't exactly model citizens themselves.  Not that it [i]can't[/i] happen, but just not usually.  If neither you nor anyone in your immediate family has a criminal record, especially anything violent, then your odds of being involved in a violent crime go down markedly.  

But really, a 26 year-old and a 16 year-old?  Does the term "jailbait" ring any bells?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It does sound a little fishy. Just like the Inglewood cop deal, now we find out that the kid was sqeezing the arresting officer's family jewels. I don't know about you but I would not have stopped at just one punch and a slam to the trunk. Our young perp would have needed an ambulance!

Is there any more info? It is a tragedy that the Mom died in this incident, but are there any details regarding how soon Mom got the weapon? Is this a situation where the family was involved with a circle of people that were less than desirable? Understand, I am not saying that this incident is understandable or that the family deserved the home invasion. All I am saying is that if you live in the garbage dump, expect rats.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Kbaker...wiggy..that is EXACTLY what I was trying to say.....
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#18]
"Everyone was asleep when the intruders burst in. Wallace heard Elizabeth Kuhne yelling from her bedroom and men yelling, "Cops! Freeze!"

"But when Wallace looked into the hallway, he saw two men wearing ski masks and carrying guns, and knew they weren't police officers."

LEOs should be in uniform to avoid confusion to us poor civilians.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top