Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2002 4:27:43 PM EDT
Took Mojo's advice and as an added bonus, the neurologist thinks that there is an outside chance that my recurrent headaches may be relieved by the surgery! She explained it as a problem of constant optical accomodation that will tire the eyes and could possibly lead to these headaches.

Has anyone out there heard of this? Should I get my hopes up? What advice could any of you give that have had LASIK?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Having Lasik was one of the best things I've done. Its great getting up in the morning and not putting on glasses. The surgery cost me around $2,200. I had the surgery back in early March.  Don't rub your eyes after the surgery and follow all the instructions from your Doctor. You'll be happy you've had it done[^]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Having Lasik was one of the best things I've done. Its great getting up in the morning and not putting on glasses. The surgery cost me around $2,200. I had the surgery back in early March.  Don't rub your eyes after the surgery and follow all the instructions from your Doctor. You'll be happy you've had it done[^]
View Quote

Yep, one of the best things you can ever do if you must have corrective lenses to function.
I was practically blind without my glasses before the surgery. The worst part is the clamps they stick on your eyelids to hold them open.  That's kind of freaky!
 DO NOT RUB YOUR EYES for like 6 months.
It's easier said than done! The dryness bugged me for almost a year & the haloing is still there a bit at night but it has diminished significantly with time.
It's  worth it though!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I had lasik done two years ago this month. All I can say is lasik kicks @ss!!!!!
No more glasses, I can read the clock when I wake before dawn. And amazingly enough my night vision is way better than it was with glasses.
Oh, I don't get the stars or halos, mine went perfect.
Left eye 20/15
right eye 20/20
Gotta love it :)
GaryM
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I had lasik done two years ago this month. All I can say is lasik kicks @ss!!!!!
No more glasses, I can read the clock when I wake before dawn. And amazingly enough my night vision is way better than it was with glasses.
Oh, I don't get the stars or halos, mine went perfect.
Left eye 20/15
right eye 20/20
Gotta love it :)
GaryM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top