Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2001 10:38:59 PM EDT
If I were to buy a ar lower from another state, have a 10 round mag permanently attached, would it be legal to own in CA?

I know gogogadget.net is going to sell these, but if I make one is it legal? Would the mods have to be done before it was brought back to CA? Could I even get the receiver in the first place?

I was thinking about going to a gun show in NV or AZ to try this, what do you guys think??
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 11:00:11 PM EDT
Okay, the way it was explained to me is that it would be illegal for you to buy an AR lower, or any other weapon that would be illegal in your state of residence. So, no, you can't go to another state and buy an AR lower or an AK reciever.

If you want a fixed mag, CA legal lower reciever, why not wait for the manufacturer to do it? I believe the price is $169.00.  

I think I'm gonna e-mail them and get an update.

If you had the lower already, then yes, I believe it would be legal as long as the mag was not readily removeable, meaning you had to use tools to remove it for cleaning. I don't think the mag has to be permanently attached.

Link Posted: 4/25/2001 7:52:02 AM EDT
Forget it.  Any receiver marked with any of the manufacturer names and models listed on the CA DOJ list of AR15 and AK Clones is currently banned, fixed 10 round magazine or not, under Roberti-Roos and the Kasler decision.  OE is also right about crossing the border to buy one out of state.  You waited too long.  Sorry...
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 11:34:59 AM EDT
Top Top