Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 6:35:18 AM EDT
I know it is illegal to modify a mag to accept more than ten rounds. Is it illegal to modify a mag (specifically a tubular mag on a lever action) to accept more than stock rounds but less then ten rounds?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not a problem, as the rifle is "manually" operated. I think the mag restriction is for semi-auto.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I look at it like this.

It's your property.  Do what you want with it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#4]
markm,

Nothing like giving really bad advice that could land someone in Club Fed for 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it illegal to modify a mag (specifically a tubular mag on a lever action) to accept more than stock rounds but less then ten rounds?
View Quote

Definitely NOT illegal.

Postban semi-auto shotguns with one evil feature have a tubular mag limit of 5.  That's the only under-10 limit for tubular mags.

-Troy
View Quote

Troy,  
  You sure he's talking about shotguns or is he talking rifles?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I am talking Rifles. Specifically the Marlin 450. Lever Action

It only holds 4 rds. But there is room to extend the tube.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#8]
It's illegal to modify any centerfire magazine to hold more than 10 rounds, now.

You may modify any magazine which currently holds 10 or fewer rounds, to hold as many as ten rounds (with the exception that shotgun magazines are further controlled, depending on the configuration and operation of the shotgun), however.

You may also modify or make an ATTACHED TUBULAR MAGAZINE FOR RIMFIRE AMMUNITION to hold more than ten rounds.  "Attached tubular magazines for rimfire ammunition" are the sole general exception to the >10 capacity magazine ban enumerated in 18 USC 922(v).
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top