Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 8:10:14 PM EST
ON NOW!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:17:13 PM EST
Seen it a few weeks ago. Almost swallowed my tongue laughing when they said "but when the German driver drives, he does only that and doesn't let himself distracted; that's why those high speeds are so safe." (or some line to that effect.) Germans love their cellphones, CD-players, radios, beer, novels, blowjobs just as much as the next guy, take it from me. It's even more fun at 160 mph :)
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:04:50 PM EST
Big tickets for tailgating and fines are dependant on the personal wealth of the driver. One very wealthy driver was fined 20k for tailgating [:O] It is illegal to run out of gas on the Autobahn. So are obscene hand gestures, with fines around $500 [img]http://www.full-auto.com/ubb/graemlins/fu.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:56:46 PM EST
Yep, fines are coupled to your income. You'll pay, say 20 [i]Tagessaetze[/i], i.e. the equivalent of the money you would make in 20 days; or you can choose not to pay, and spend those 20 days in jail instead.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:18:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: Big tickets for tailgating and fines are dependant on the personal wealth of the driver. One very wealthy driver was fined 20k for tailgating [:O] It is illegal to run out of gas on the Autobahn. So are obscene hand gestures, with fines around $500
View Quote
The way people drive around here that's not such a bad idea. Of course, there are some people who should be dragged to the side of the road and shot, then a bill for the ammo should be sent to the next of kin. (See, we can learn from both the Germans [b]and[/b] the Chinese.)
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:58:37 AM EST
It sounds good to think people would obey the law if it costed them more for breaking it, but I still don't see it affecting too many people over here. You'd think $80 for doing 5mph over on the highway would discourage people? Nope. Maybe if we picked up the 20 days wage fine, people would think twice.
Top Top