Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2013 3:46:16 AM EDT
Anybody getting uppers from Model 1 sales? I ordered an 7.5'' upper on Dec 28 and still have not been charged. When I asked when they planed on shipping my upper they said they were sold out and did not know when they would be restocked. So who's getting orders from Model 1 ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
It may be worth a try to contact your credit card company and advise them of what is happening and that you have tried countless times to cancel order to no avail. At this time your credit card has been preauthorized for payment so one would have to manual capture those funds at the time they process the order. If your credit card company allows you to stop payment, then when M1S goes to capture funds it would be declined. Not sure if credit card allows this but worth a try.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried to canx my order but it can't be done. They don't respond...
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
This...I was once bitten by them so never again!

Quoted:
They tried to screw me pretty hardcore a few years ago.  I won't deal with them.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I tried to canx my order but it can't be done. They don't respond...

And so it begins...

Next you'll get someone and they'll say its canceled, then three months from now there'll be a charge and a UPS box...
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered a rifle kit Jan 6th. I can't get ahold of them.... I even sent them a message saying I was going to cancel the order but they won't respond.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm fairly certain there was a thread on here not too long ago about them selling their stock at gun shows...
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#7]
They will be at the big Tulsa gun show in a month with TONS of uppers/parts on their tables.  A few years ago my uncle had some items on back order for 4-5 months and got to the show and noticed they had plenty of what he had ordered.  He called them out on it and it was really funny.  They explained that they are contracted to do the shows and had to show up with the merchandise.  We even asked if we brought in a screen shot of the back order page if we could go home with a buttstock we ordered and it was a no-go.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered an upper from them in early December. When I check on their website the status indicates "being processed". Since I haven't been charged yet I won't sweat it. When / if it shows up it will be a pleasent suprise.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:03:02 AM EDT
[#9]
They tried to screw me pretty hardcore a few years ago.  I won't deal with them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:24:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered one November 27. They e mailed me giving an 8 to 10 week shipping time. It shipped 10 weeks later. No funny business with credit cards.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I got hit with fraudulent credit card charges ... never again will I deal with M1.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Cancel your order.  Do not do business with Model 1.  Lots of people have posted their problems with them here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 3:56:48 AM EDT
[#13]
You know people are desperate when they are giving credit card info to Model1!  If I were buying from them, it would be cash only at the gun show.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They will be at the big Tulsa gun show in a month with TONS of uppers/parts on their tables.  A few years ago my uncle had some items on back order for 4-5 months and got to the show and noticed they had plenty of what he had ordered.  He called them out on it and it was really funny.  They explained that they are contracted to do the shows and had to show up with the merchandise.  We even asked if we brought in a screen shot of the back order page if we could go home with a buttstock we ordered and it was a no-go.

Model 1 always looks like an upper forest at Tulsa.  The only exception I can remember was when BHO was elected, but then again everyone was wiped out.  Im sure that Model 1 has between $2500 and $3000 in tables alone at Tulsa.  Im certain they'd rather upset the website customers before risking a 'no-show' to a venue like Tulsa.  Wanenmacher's show is a tough one to get space (especially space requirements like Model 1's) - and they get real pissy if you dont show up or leave early.  If your Model 1, you're damned if you do, damned if you dont.  It is a business guys; decisions have to be made that not everyone will like.

I will concede that communication with your customers is critical.  The fact that they cannot return simple information requests is not encouraging.  Im sure their inbox is overloaded with horseshit requests and daily bitching about stock status.  Im sure at some point they just pulled the plug.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#15]
And yet again, whenever someone attempts to warn people in a technical forum about this companies shadiness the topic gets locked and/or moved.

I do not get it, it's all good while positive comments are flowing, but as soon as people tell about their negative encounters, locked.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 5:09:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Lots of reports of problems. However I have not had a problem. Loved the rifle I got from them, no problems.

Link Posted: 3/12/2013 5:11:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lots of reports of problems. However I have not had a problem. Loved the rifle I got from them, no problems.

To be fair, the parts I eventually ended up with from them made me a decent rifle.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 5:13:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Call your cc company and cancel through them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 5:23:35 AM EDT
[#19]
There's plenty of archived threads about Model 1. I got bit in 2008, ordered a rifle kit  from them during the original Yomama panic. By the time it arrived 9 months later, I had built a complete rifle from parts aquired on the EE.

The kit, when it finally arrived, was great, I sold it to member Gatergrabber, and he built a fine rifle out of it.

But Model one is in the parts futures business, they take orders for stuff they don't have, and ship it months later.

I have bought a few small parts that shipped quickly, but I only use them as a last resort.

This is why you should always ask ARFCOM: ARCompany X, GTG? Before you order......
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I have 3 uppers from them.  Only cancelled one order that took too long.  You all who order after the recent shootings and calls for gun bans, why didn't you plan ahead years ago before the rush?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top