Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/4/2009 1:23:10 PM EDT
Who likes to come home and make themself a big hard drink?

Mine is in a cup the size of a slurpee cup.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I like rum & coke by the pint.

ETA - with lots of ice, I get three drinks from a single can of coke.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I got myself a White Russian that's about 1/2 vodka.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
drink Jameson by the liter.. straight..  

non of that mixing pussy shit for me
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Dave, just don't go driving once you start drinking.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't drive. Don't worry, the only one who is harmed is myself.

ETA: Because I don't drive, drinking 24/7 is fine!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shouldn't you be in school Dave?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shouldn't you be in school Dave?

It's 3:33 here right now and I left school at 1:15.

In my classes, once we finish our lesson, we can go whenever we want. Since I have all the programs that are used at school at home, I left at about 1:20(the class ends officially at 2:15).

And what about school? I drink before, during, and after.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh man, it's been a while since I have just had alcohol and nothing else. This is pretty damned good too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Get back to me when you graduate kindergarden.    Gimlet for the win.  Ice, vodka, top with a tiny dribble of Rose's lime juice.

Of course these days I something milder like white wine.  (please don't reply to this last part.)  

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm fat and I don't drink.

I love my liver, but I hate my arteries.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I am actually considering giving up liquor for the most part and just sticking to beer.  Getting tired of waking up wondering if was a jack ass the night before...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Jim Beam Black and Diet Coke!!

for those late nights working, various brands of absinthe
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#13]
vodka tonics  in a quart mason jar  half filled with vodka
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Headed home tonight for a Buffalo and lemon/lime accompanied by a cigar.....

I might even fire up the fire pit and put my feet up.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You're mistaken about that, but it will probably be at least another 20 years before you realize it.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#16]
How many of you guys are over 30?  Just curious, because at some point the side effects will kick in hard...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am actually considering giving up liquor for the most part and just sticking to beer.  Getting tired of waking up wondering if was a jack ass the night before...

I quit drinking liquor years ago, seems I tend to fight a lot more when I cosume it.  Guinness FTW
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How many of you guys are over 30?  Just curious, because at some point the side effects will kick in hard...

I'm past 35...but under 40.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not yet but getting close....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I just turned 19 last month.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're mistaken about that, but it will probably be at least another 20 years before you realize it.

???????
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nonsense - I didn't start drinkin til I was past 30; I got 15+ years on all you early starters.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

???????

Who else is going to be hurt?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nonsense - I didn't start drinkin til I was past 30; I got 15+ years on all you early starters.

I had a 'holy shit' moment years ago when I was around 30.  I went to take the trash out, and it was FULL of Busch beer cans, all of which I drank.  I had been drinking 4-5 a night for a while.  Dealing with a trash bag full of cans was normal, but this time I was disturbed by the sight of it.  I didn't drink anything for about 6 months after that, but I will now have a beer or two on the weekends.

Have fun, but make sure you don't let it take over your life...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a 'holy shit' moment years ago when I was around 30.  I went to take the trash out, and it was FULL of Busch beer cans, all of which I drank.  I had been drinking 4-5 a night for a while.  Dealing with a trash bag full of cans was normal, but this time I was disturbed by the sight of it.  I didn't drink anything for about 6 months after that, but I will now have a beer or two on the weekends.

I would be damned upset about that. Do you know how much alcohol you could buy if you had taken all those cans to the bottle depot?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get back to me when you graduate kindergarden.    Gimlet for the win.  Ice, vodka, top with a tiny dribble of Rose's lime juice.

HUH? I tend to find most people can't hang when the nights turn white. Then again I just do the vodka and milk usually. Maybe it's the curdling?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I quit when I was 36, found myself drinking a 12 pack a day...more on the weekends.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:28:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HUH? I tend to find most people can't hang when the nights turn white. Then again I just do the vodka and milk usually. Maybe it's the curdling?

I don't even know what that means but I get horrible hangovers from everything that isn't vodka. So I go with what tastes good to me. Also, beer tastes terrible.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Double shot of Tequila as soon as I walk in the door.  At a minimum

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Double shot of Tequila as soon as I walk in the door.  At a minimum

Hells yeah!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#31]
This.....sometimes I alternate with Beam Black though

Quoted:

I like rum & coke by the pint.

ETA - with lots of ice, I get three drinks from a single can of coke.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#32]
It's hard to walk by the kegerator without pouring one.

I really like jack and coke but jack and vernors can be okay - in college, my apartment was # B11, a B11 drink was ice, SoCo and Mtn Dew
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Jack Daniels is the worst tasting scum I have ever experienced. Unfortunately I have experienced a couple litres of it.....both ways.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#34]
I couldn't resist going further than alcohol...

But ohhh yeah.... feeelss gooood maaaannnnn....
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn't resist going further than alcohol...

But ohhh yeah.... feeelss gooood maaaannnnn....

Smack?

Nawwww man. Ain't touched that before.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
vodka tonics  in a quart mason jar  half filled with vodka

A man after my own heart.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Dave doesn't really need to wonder...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

???????

He's a  teetotaler  that announces his personal disdain for alcohol in every drinking thread.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be damned upset about that. Do you know how much alcohol you could buy if you had taken all those cans to the bottle depot?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

Wanna take bets on how long before the kid passes out?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I don't even know what that means but I get horrible hangovers from everything that isn't vodka. So I go with what tastes good to me. Also, beer tastes terrible.

Most other alcohol is aged in wood barrels. This converts some of the alcohol into other organic compounds (mainly esters IIRC).

These more complex compounds give the alcohol its flavor, but also contribute to the effects of hangover.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

???????

He's a  teetotaler  that announces his personal disdain for alcohol in every drinking thread.

Well he should at least answer my question. Either that or he is a douchebag.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

???????
Well he should at least answer my question. Either that or he is a douchebag.

I'm also not a big drinker. I have no personal aversion to the stuff, I've just never been a big fan either.

I think I still have the same three beers that have been in the fridge since August.

I do enjoy brewing my own though. I just usually give most of it away to friends.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Reminds me of an interview I had while getting a periodic investigation on a security clearance....The investigator told me that he could tell that I didn't have a drinking problem just by looking at me.

He stated that the hard drinkers were easy to spot.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminds me of an interview I had while getting a periodic investigation on a security clearance....The investigator told me that he could tell that I didn't have a drinking problem just by looking at me.

He stated that the hard drinkers were easy to spot.

I don't think you would think I drink much by looking at me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just turned 19 last month.

what the fuck?

ETA: Canada poster
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top