BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 2:39:47 PM EDT
What a total clown.

Mitt gets his ass handed to him.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Why?  He's right.  Corporations don't pay taxes, people do.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck Barrack Obama Mitt Rommney
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice to see the higher level of civility by the Libs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

But then how will GD lose it's breath screaming!??!?!

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I hate reading this. Businesses do not pass all of their [additional] costs onto the consumer (aka, margin squeeze). It obviously depends on a lot of factors, but I would wager that very rarely is all of something like a tax increase passed on.

ETA: Unless you're approaching this from the angle that people include the business owners/stock holders/employees/suppliers/etc. In which case, I agree.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a bunch of liberals in the crowd.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate reading this. Businesses do not pass all of their costs onto the consumer (aka, margin squeeze). It obviously depends on a lot of factors, but I would wager that very rarely is all of something like a tax increase passed on.

ETA: Unless you're approaching this from the angle that people include the business owners/stock holders/employees/suppliers/etc. In which case, I agree.

Of course I am.  Someone pays those taxes, and it certainly isn't an inanimate entity.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like a bunch of liberals in the crowd.

And one at the podium.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate reading this. Businesses do not pass all of their costs onto the consumer (aka, margin squeeze). It obviously depends on a lot of factors, but I would wager that very rarely is all of something like a tax increase passed on.

The only way a business does not pass on ALL costs associated with it [including taxes] is if it sells below what it actually costs to produce whatever they make or market.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only way a business does not pass on ALL costs associated with it [including taxes] is if it sells below what it actually costs to produce whatever they make or market.

You're right, I worded that incorrectly. I was trying to refer more to these incremental, additional costs. Like the increase in a supply component, or additional taxes.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Romney tells rowdy, Iowa fair crowd: 'Corporations are people'

Not a winning slogan for any Republican, no matter how unpopular Obama is.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Romney tells rowdy, Iowa fair crowd: 'Corporations are people'

Not a winning slogan for any Republican, no matter how unpopular Obama is.

Yep, stupid, he should have said companies employ people. [He just needs to remember not to put Chinese in front of people]

Mitt is a losing choice if put up against Obummer. It's a guaranteed 4 more years if he's the "R" candidate.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't like Mitt one bit but JDC is correct.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#14]
The thing the idiot liberals don't understand is that higher taxes always trickle down!  It may take awhile but it happens.  Perhaps this small business has to layoff 1 worker or the mid sized grain co. has to raise their price slightly on the commodity they supply to a distributor, etc.  Even if prices don't rise something gives.  It has to because that is an economic necessity.  The libs want the instant prize and don't see the long run.  It's a shame.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
FMR and FBHO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top