Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/11/2011 2:39:47 PM EDT
What a total clown.

Mitt gets his ass handed to him.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:42:29 PM EDT
Why? He's right. Corporations don't pay taxes, people do.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:43:51 PM EDT
Fuck Barrack Obama Mitt Rommney
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:44:33 PM EDT
Nice to see the higher level of civility by the Libs.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:44:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JDC_VA_USMC:

But then how will GD lose it's breath screaming!??!?!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:48:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2011 2:58:21 PM EDT by Sharpshooterz98]

I hate reading this. Businesses do not pass all of their [additional] costs onto the consumer (aka, margin squeeze). It obviously depends on a lot of factors, but I would wager that very rarely is all of something like a tax increase passed on.

ETA: Unless you're approaching this from the angle that people include the business owners/stock holders/employees/suppliers/etc. In which case, I agree.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:51:24 PM EDT
Sounds like a bunch of liberals in the crowd.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:53:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sharpshooterz98:

I hate reading this. Businesses do not pass all of their costs onto the consumer (aka, margin squeeze). It obviously depends on a lot of factors, but I would wager that very rarely is all of something like a tax increase passed on.

ETA: Unless you're approaching this from the angle that people include the business owners/stock holders/employees/suppliers/etc. In which case, I agree.
Of course I am. Someone pays those taxes, and it certainly isn't an inanimate entity.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:53:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By P08:
Sounds like a bunch of liberals in the crowd.

And one at the podium.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:54:26 PM EDT

I hate reading this. Businesses do not pass all of their costs onto the consumer (aka, margin squeeze). It obviously depends on a lot of factors, but I would wager that very rarely is all of something like a tax increase passed on.

The only way a business does not pass on ALL costs associated with it [including taxes] is if it sells below what it actually costs to produce whatever they make or market.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:57:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:

The only way a business does not pass on ALL costs associated with it [including taxes] is if it sells below what it actually costs to produce whatever they make or market.

You're right, I worded that incorrectly. I was trying to refer more to these incremental, additional costs. Like the increase in a supply component, or additional taxes.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:01:13 PM EDT
Romney tells rowdy, Iowa fair crowd: 'Corporations are people'

Not a winning slogan for any Republican, no matter how unpopular Obama is.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:25:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Zan:
Romney tells rowdy, Iowa fair crowd: 'Corporations are people'

Not a winning slogan for any Republican, no matter how unpopular Obama is.

Yep, stupid, he should have said companies employ people. [He just needs to remember not to put Chinese in front of people]

Mitt is a losing choice if put up against Obummer. It's a guaranteed 4 more years if he's the "R" candidate.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:31:01 PM EDT

I don't like Mitt one bit but JDC is correct.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:36:23 PM EDT
The thing the idiot liberals don't understand is that higher taxes always trickle down! It may take awhile but it happens. Perhaps this small business has to layoff 1 worker or the mid sized grain co. has to raise their price slightly on the commodity they supply to a distributor, etc. Even if prices don't rise something gives. It has to because that is an economic necessity. The libs want the instant prize and don't see the long run. It's a shame.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:04:16 PM EDT
FMR and FBHO
Top Top