Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 4:39:43 PM EDT
Did I spell it right?[:D]

Anyways, Can anyone tell me if MS has any special magazine restrictions, like CA. Can you have hi cap ar mags???

Thanks in advance...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There are kindof restrictions on mags of any kind.The only thing not allowed in the great state of Mississippi are silencers

Are you transfering to the state?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There are kindof restrictions on mags of any kind.The only thing not allowed in the great state of Mississippi are silencers

Are you transfering to the state?
View Quote

Well, I'm staying put where I am, just had a question come up, and wanted to be sure. I thought MS was like OR. It is. Thanks...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC, MS recently changed the no-silencer laws.  I believe you just have to do the federal red tape and register it with the state police.  The CCW law in MS is fairly easy.  Get the fingerprints and pay the fee but I don't believe there is a lot of reciprocity with many other states due to the lack of training requirements.  Check packing.org.  For gun purchases there's no state check so you don't have a fee on a background check since the FFLs use the national system (if you don't CCW).  In Georgia the GBI fee is $5.  I've saved the $30 C&R FFL license fee by avoiding the GBI transfer fee alone!

Former MS resident,
jd1
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Disclaimer: My original post did not mention, nor am I in any way associated with, nor have I ever BEEN associated with, nor will I ever BE associated with, any transportation of, or possession of, or ATTEMPTED possesion of, any firearm, destructive device, regulated explosive, or any other, express or implied, regulated item, including, but NOT limited to, any tobacco, or Alcholic products, which are now, have been, or ever WILL be regulated by the benevolence of our govt.

Without all proper liscensing, backround checks, any tax stamps, or any other requirement , enacted in the future...
Really.........[snoopy]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure about Mags but by doing a few drive throughs I think the state has a Cap on how many teeth the women can have in their mouth. [;D] I mean [:E]

Just a joke settle down....
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:14:01 AM EDT
[#7]
No magazine restrictions here.

Quoted:
yes u can have freedom in mississippi......it's a gun friendly state....as a matter of fact u can legally carry a loaded pistol in your vehicle w/o ccw permit. it is considered an extension of your home....hicaps are legal!
View Quote

This is right.  [url]www.nraila.org/GunLaws.asp?FormMode=Detail&R=MS[/url]
check this out for Ms. gun laws.

edited: cause forgot the url brackets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top