Link Posted: 4/9/2001 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.freemississippi.org/laststand.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
anybody up fer loose meat samwhiches?
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, Dave.  One of the few boards where you have to manually input a link.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.saveourflag.org/saveourflag/[/url]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#5]
did the liberal just have thier way with this in GA. hey if they take in down, i say hang 1 up on every street corner for all to see. i'd bet you they'd regret ever taking up the issue in the 1st place[-!-]<-<-liberal dickheads
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, while were at it, why don't we petition Germany to reintroduce the swastika on their flag?
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#7]
M4

Your comparing the swastika to the CSA battle flag?

No flame intended, but sometimes this is a hot topic to people in the South.  But if you are, your awful loose with your comparisons.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#8]
m4 forever has something negative to say. me thinks he ass was abused as a kid. m4 did your old man beat you like a useless dog[B)]
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, he's doing us a favor, by keeping it up top, for any Mississippi voter, who happens to be on this board, to see.
Link Posted: 4/9/2001 3:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
M4... nah, i'm not going there, won't give you the satisfaction, rrrrrrrrrrrrr... durn, sometimes you want to, but know better,  ignorance is bliss
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks short, so how is bliss?  Having never experienced it myself.
Link Posted: 4/10/2001 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Class Clown:
m4 forever has something negative to say. me thinks he ass was abused as a kid. m4 did your old man beat you like a useless dog[B)]
View Quote

Quoted:

M4... nah, i'm not going there, won't give you the satisfaction, rrrrrrrrrrrrr... durn, sometimes you want to, but know better, ignorance is bliss
View Quote

Class Clown.....yeah, with 43 whole posts to your credit, I'm sure you've got me figured out REAL good. Keep up the work Sherlock. Interesting guess about my dad, and REAL mature of you to utter such total crap, but that's you.  Get over it little man. And by the way, my dad never beat me, where I come from, good people don't do that. But then again that's me, who the hell knows what a po-dunk little bitch like you is accustom to. Probably still have stretch marks around your ass from your childhood.

Short.....there isn't a person here who could give or take satisfaction from me, and I sure as hell don't come online to find my satisfaction. It was a one sentence post, a single statement that simply disagrees, think you can deal with that? And as far as ignorance goes, you should take a longer, harder look around before YOU judge, because the ignorance is all yours.

Reddog6.....No, I actually wasn't comparing the two. It was sort of a conversation starting post. Just stirring the pot so to speak, but looks like some folks just can't handle that without the hysterics. I am originally from the south, born in Alabama, and have lived in the deep South for 24 years of my life. I have family in Alabama, Florida & Mississippi and visit all three at least once a year now. I spent all of my high school in Virginia as well. Like I said, it was a conversation starter, before the gang bang started.

God forbid someone challenges the party line with a single sentence(that was actually a question.) No room for disagreement here, right? Or you might get bent over a log and told to squeel like a pig by Class Clown.

Link Posted: 4/11/2001 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#13]
M4, I signed on to this board, the 1st one, the 1st day it existed under my real name.

Perhaps my or someone else's number of posts may be a little more than you give credit for?

No flame intended there, but just something to think about before you attach to much or less value on the number of posts.

P. S. Thanks for helping me keep this topic on TOP.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#14]
It just saddens me that there is so much animosity towards the Southern Cross (and I know M4 didn't mean it that way, but he does bring up a comparison that many liberals and remakers of history like to use.)

1st - The Southern Cross was NOT the Confederate National Flag.  That was the "Stars and Bars" (Blue field in left 1/3 of the flag with a circle of stars and 2 stripes)

2nd - The connection with slavery is bogus.  Slave owners consisted of less than 1% of the total white population.  The reason was that slaves where just too expensive for anybody but the wealthiest to own.

3rd - The assumption that Confederates fought was to keep slavery was bogus too.  Since the vast majority of soldiers didn't own any, and could never afford them, this is a straw man arguement.  

While the arguement has been made that the Confederate Constitution expressly condoned slavery, the average Rebel was so disconnected from Federal and even State government, that the Constitution could have easly been written on Mars for all he cared.  We have to remember that while Richmond might be a couple hours drive from here (Maryland) today for example,  back then it was a two-three day trip.

Now think about how long a trip from Roanoke VA to Richmond would be back then!

My point is that to most Southerners, their State and more importantly County was their UNIVERSE.  State capitals were remote notions at best let alone the concept of a FEDERAL capital.

So why did Southerners fight?  For the majority of them, it was protect themselves and their own from an alien culture that was bent on imposing its will on them.

It is truly unfortunate that this symbol of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their homes has been co-opted into a symbol of hate.

Michigander in Maryland
(And no, I'm not a Yankee.  Ask any Michigander what they are and they'll tell you that they are "Midwesterners."  A Yankee is someone from the New England area, and we dislike them as much as most Southerners do.

Just my 0.02 worth
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#15]
No offense, sir, but to a Southerner, you may be a Yankee, because you live in a semi-Southern state.

"Virginia forever calls in vain"...

The 2d (Stainless Banner) and last national flags of the Confederacy contain in the canton, the battle flag of the Army of nothern Virginia, same as the 1894 flag of Mississippi.
Link Posted: 4/11/2001 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm a Southerner, a Viet Nam vet, that paid his dues for the preservation of freedom, you fly your flag i'll fly mine.  As far as knowledge, we learned that during the Reconstruction Period.
Link Posted: 4/12/2001 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#17]
OK, short, as a Southerner, and a Dessert Storm Vet, I say thank you for your service, and welcome home.

I kinda like the flag of Alabama, so, OK, you fly yours and I'll fly mine.

Thanks again, for helping me keep this topic on top!
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Had a nice rally, although it rained, but I don't think it kept many away.

Three black Mississippians were seen by me, carrying 3 x 5 ft 1894 Mississippi flags.

Two of them were carrying signs:

"Minimum wage is Slavery."

Reverse side.

"Change the flag. Another Liberal Trick."

The other sign:

"Flag
[does not equal sign]
Racism."
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm told the second side of the last side said:

"Free Sudanese Slaves",

However, I did not see this part.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top