Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2005 4:54:23 PM EDT
I'm in the military & I missed my flight because I couldn't get to the airport due to the hurricane. I even left 9 hours early, but still no go. I bought the ticket three weeks ago & bought a non-refundable one-way ticket. Does anyone know if they will apply that amount to the new ticket or will I just have to take it in the ass & buy a last minute ticket?

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
go talk to the customer service desk at your airline.  If anyone can do anything, its them.  Customer service desks should be located in the gate area, after security (you don't have to go back to the luggage check area).
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, I'm sorry.

I don't know the answer to your question......but I hope the best for ya.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
They should just book you on a later flight
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
go talk to the customer service desk at your airline.  If anyone can do anything, its them.  Customer service desks should be located in the gate area, after security (you don't have to go back to the luggage check area).

Your wait time is... 475 minutes.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I missed my flight because traffic in Houston is horrendous. It took me 9 hours to drive to the airport when normally it only takes 45 minutes. Cars are stranded on the freeways & out of gas.

I took these pictures on the way back from the airport (going inbound):

Just trying to get to my unit for our deployment to Iraq!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Have you notified CQ?

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wtf?

Is the airport that crowded?  If you REALY got to get where you have to go, go towards the front of the line and look for some older gentlemen that have the "been there done that" look.  Hopefully your in uniform.  Explain you need to report for duty.  They may let you in line.  I would.  

You have internet, so you can look up your airline's 800 number and try calling it to get rescheduled.  I prefer to work w/ local customer service in cases like these.  Face to face usually gets better results.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Have you notified CQ?

Damn good point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Have you notified CQ?

Yup. They said don't drown & they'll figure something out. That was this morning.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Get outta Dodge, Bush is looking like Tan son Nhut when the commies were crawling in 1975, see if the airline can bus you to another airport....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wtf?

Is the airport that crowded?  If you REALY got to get where you have to go, go towards the front of the line and look for some older gentlemen that have the "been there done that" look.  Hopefully your in uniform.  Explain you need to report for duty.  They may let you in line.  I would.  

You have internet, so you can look up your airline's 800 number and try calling it to get rescheduled.  I prefer to work w/ local customer service in cases like these.  Face to face usually gets better results.  

After 9 hours in the car & 3 hours of waiting to see if they had another flight out (which they didn't), I decided to go home instead of camping out at the airport when Rita hits.

The 475 minute wait (to talk to a real person) was the automated message that I got from calling the 800 number.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
You call yourself Einstein and you can't figure this out?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope you called the airline when you knew you would miss. Letting them know before check-in is to late is always best.

Given your current problem, I would just call the airline and work something out. Most airlines are pretty reasonable if you have a good excuse, but change fees can be as high as $100. Some airlines just let you fly standby with no extra charge. They are a little reluctant to upset potentially future customers, and non-refundable doesn't mean value-less.

Given the situation down there, you might not be able to get a seat until after the storm.

Good Luck!

Edit to add...

Now I understand, If you couldn't reach them, don't sweat it until phone lines are back up. 475 Minutes!

I'd be hunkering down at home myself. If the Texans I've met are any example, things will start to be squared away as soon as the wind dies down. None of the Texans I've met seemed the type to rampage and loot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I heard on the radio today that Continental and Southwest aren't charging change fees for ticketed passengers in Houston during the Rita event.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top