Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 11:53:06 PM EDT
I'm watching this movie again and notice they basically have no rights anymore. And not just with regards to be arrested by the thought police. There's also those spider things
If that's America in 50 years(everything but the precogs could probably be invented) I don't want to be part of it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What, you don`t like jetpacks?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I missed that one so I dont know
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Kerry was elected in that movie.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:59:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Minority Report takes place in one city (Washington DC?) and it is only a pilot program.  If Precrime were successful they would have gone national.  

Considering the way DC is today, isn't much of a stretch of the imagination that something like this could get past.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Spielberg hired some very highly regarded Futurists to consult on the film so your 50 year time line is more realistic than you think.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#6]
It is terrifying that there
are Americans who think that we have
TOO MUCH freedom today.
And brave and not so brave Soldiers died for
their freedom to believe that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top