Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 12:39:44 PM EST
This is my first rant so I'm making it a mild one in order to save up for the bigger ones later.

I bought a Simmons red dot scope for my M4-type AR. When I put it on, about half of the dial numbers didn't show any sort of dot at all. So I call them, they say send it in & I do so.

I got the new back it has problems as well!!!!! Aaaaarghhhhhhh!!!!!!

I sent it back along with a scathing note asking them IF they EVER checked their products at all????

I will NEVER buy a Simmons product again!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:01:43 PM EST
I have a $30 Simmons scope on a .22, but there's not much of a chance I'd put one of those, or even a higher priced Simmons, on one of my deer rifles.

You get what you pay for.

Come on, Bob, you've got an expensive weapon and you put cheap-shit optics on it??

Try this instead: Buy the OKO reflect sight from Dillon Precision, $199
Buy the Scout mount from DPMS, $49.99 (I fucked up-before I knew DPMS had them for $50, I bought the Scout mount from Dillon for-grease the brown eye and get ready for it-$70)

I've had my Panther shorty fall over a couple of times and the zero on that OKO hasn't moved yet. I've got about 1K rounds through the gun also.

So, for about $170 (including shipping) I got a kick-ass sight on a nice rifle and it didn't break the bank. Looks great too.
Top Top