Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2005 11:54:02 AM EDT
I've got two 16 inch AR's, one with acog one with aimpoint. I spent good money on LT mounts, and QD accesories like grips, bipods, etc... and I'm thinking of just selling one carbine and having multiple configurations for one 16 incher.

Does anyone else do this?

I mean these mounts are all return-to-zero right? That's why they cost so much! and we pay good money for number railed, right? So why not have multiple optics and configurations for one rifle?

I'm thinking of doing this to create room in safe (And in wallet!)... I'd be able to use same buis and mil spec buffer tube for both setups, and the VLTORs use the QD sling swivel so only one sling....

Base rifle is a RRA tactical entry, with Phantom on the muzzle, it has a MRF-X on it with ARMS 40L rear, YHM flip up front, Midwest sling swivel on front rail, Israeli SF sling.

my two setups I'm planning....

cqb: SF M95 light with lever mount, ARMS forward grip with miad, ML3 in LT QD mount, VLTOR modstock

intermediate range shooting: SF M97 light with lever mount, harris bipod on QD mount, Acog on LT mount, VLTOR A1 stock

I'd be able to sell basically the entire other 16 incher, the rail system on it, the buis on it, the other VLTOR buffer tube..... that's some nice money.

I guess this is the anti- 'get both' ! What do you guys think? (and gals, of course)
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:05:16 PM EDT
If you really want to condense, I'd say hang on to the acog upper and the aimpoint upper, keep your best lower and sell the rest. Instead of having to swap out optics and not be sure of a repeatable zero, just swap out the uppers, that way there's no worries.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:07:21 PM EDT
Buy another safe.
Top Top