Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 2:49:54 AM EDT
Seeing the post about mag lights got me to thinking.  How the hell do you change the bulb in those little things.  I got one that I use and abuse lot and I know it won't be long before I need to change that bulb.  Any experience with this?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Easy to change the bulbs out.  Unscrew the base, grab the spare, unscrew the lens cover assembly, replace bulb!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Dont touch a new bulb with your bare hands, wear cloth gloves.  The oils from your skin can shorten the bulb life.

The Brinkman Nexstar bulb is twice as bright as the OEM Mini-mag bulb, but you sacrafice some battery life.  Lithium AA's increase brightness and decrease weight.

The Opelec Newbeam is a simple drop in LED conversion that I really like.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 5:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Unscrew the lens and the bulb just pulls straight out.  There's usually a spare in the base at the other end.  Just remove the spring and it should be in a little holder.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Home Depot has them on sale for $5.97, with batteries and a belt pouch. practically disposable at that price.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't want to worry about bulbs, just drop in a [url=http://secure3.dnsaction.com/~anlighte/shop/default.php?cPath=22&osCsid=d23fc99a98ab95781ba5a31acee0c85c]Madmax or Badboy[/url] conversion.

Flashlights can get quite addicting, just bought an ARC LS and a Streamlight TwinTask 2L ....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top