Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/11/2016 5:58:38 PM EDT
I wear pajamas (Scrubs) at work.  The miniature EDC items have made things so much better for me. Years ago, I carried full sized scissors, cheap ass dim as fuck penlight and a damn surgical clamp for twisting off stubborn things. Now---
Small countycomm light is bright as a motherfucker.  Swiss Army Cadet for cutting open stubborn packaging etc. Leatherman Micra for tightening screws on our machine arms, twisting off stubborn IV connections etc.
Not pictured====The Spyderco Endura riding in my scrubs.

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the AAA maratac light. Love it, the little diffuser it comes with is so useful and neat.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I carry a wooden toothpick. The plastic ones suck. 
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Old School!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:09:24 PM EDT
[#4]
My "weird" EDC item is a 3' mini tape measure. It has come in handy for a lot of things at work (engineering at a lighting equipment manufacturer) and at home. I wish it was a bit longer, I should look for 5' or 6' that has a thin tape.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Old School!!!!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old School!!!!!!!

It also serves as a secondary use. When I finish eating at La Carreta, I use it to gain access to remaining bits of food I have trapped in my mouth...
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have the AAA maratac light. Love it, the little diffuser it comes with is so useful and neat.
View Quote

Yep - don't have the diffuser though
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I gave one to a buddy of mine. Let's say he was at the time in a Tier 1 unit. He liked it better than what he was issued.  
He Covered the diffuser with tin foil.  He would turn on light, let the glow in the dark material charge up a little, turn it off and then remove tin foil to read maps etc. He said it was the perfect amount of light.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been carrying around a Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA.  It isn't as small as the SL Microstream that it replaced, but given that it will take either 1xAA battery or 1xCR123, it is far more flexible than the 2xCR123 lights I used to carry and the illumination is useful, whereas the microstream was lacking.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]
To me, the best bang for the size in a SAK is the small tinker.  

It's so tiny you forget it's there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I like my Olight S1 Baton ( 500 lumens).  There's a new one out now that is even smaller & brighter.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.sakwiki.com/show_image.php?id=2695
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20130910/4e7e4ama.jpg

View Quote

Absolutely!!!!

I have one somewhere.
I used to carry it all the time when
I went to the range several times a week

Great knife
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]
This is my work EDC. Much if it qualifies under your "miniature" standards.

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is my work EDC. Much if it qualifies under your "miniature" standards.

http://i.imgur.com/EKctVTo.jpg
View Quote

Nice!!

I have that 5.11 knife  
I like it
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Absolutely!!!!

I have one somewhere.

Great knife
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.sakwiki.com/show_image.php?id=2695
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20130910/4e7e4ama.jpg

Absolutely!!!!

I have one somewhere.

Great knife

I did not not know the tinker came in a small size.

Well, there went 22.00.

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice!!

I have that 5.11 knife  
I like it
View Quote

Great beater knife
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Fisher Bullet Space Pen
Victorinox small Tinker
Olight S2 Baton

Not exactly miniature but a great amount of "bite" for the size: Leatherman Raptor.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Tried the Streamlight and it's still a favorite - but then I ran across the Nightcore Tube LED and for small, it's better. 1 to 40 lumens with 40 to 1 hours of light, USB rechargeable. It retired all the AAA lights hands down.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#18]
The baby brother of the Blur and Leek. The Kershaw Chive. Speed safe opens it fast! Sharp as hell. Tucks away easy. Solid for a knife this small.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The baby brother of the Blur and Leek. The Kershaw Chive. Speed safe opens it fast! Sharp as hell. Tucks away easy. Solid for a knife this small.

http://www.lockharttactical.com/media/com_hikashop/upload/kershaw_chive_black_lockhart_tactical_4.jpg
View Quote

I need to look around   I think I have one somewhere.

Has a lock for the blade so it won't spring open in pocket IIRC
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Olight I3E EOS

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wear pajamas (Scrubs) at work.  The miniature EDC items have made things so much better for me. Years ago, I carried full sized scissors, cheap ass dim as fuck penlight and a damn surgical clamp for twisting off stubborn things. Now---
Small countycomm light is bright as a motherfucker.  Swiss Army Cadet for cutting open stubborn packaging etc. Leatherman Micra for tightening screws on our machine arms, twisting off stubborn IV connections etc.
Not pictured====The Spyderco Endura riding in my scrubs.

http://www.ar15.com/member/photos.html?aid=-10https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/224703/anesthesia-EDC-105357.jpg
View Quote
My pj carry is a cardiology III, pair of shears, a sog flash II, note pad, pen, fine point sharpie, and my phone (use the built in flashlight it needed). Don't have to carry pager, yet.

If you're on FB, look up EDCWerks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My pj carry is a cardiology III, pair of shears, a sog flash II, note pad, pen, fine point sharpie, and my phone (use the built in flashlight it needed). Don't have to carry pager, yet.

View Quote

Mine is a master cardiology, SF sidekick, pulse ox, pager and pens.

Leatherman in backpack.

Sadly my EDC has really dropped off since 6 days a week I go to and from work then to bed several hours later.  No need to carry things.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#24]
No pic but I carry a Gerber Clutch multi-tool in the watch/change pocket of my jeans everyday. Comes in handy all the time. It's mini, but has saved me from climbing down a ladder or walking back to the truck lots of times.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#25]
The leatherman micra is legitimately the most useful tool I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#26]
AAA light on my keychain and a cheep folder in my knife pocket. If it's night, I grab a small led.

I guess I really should have a tactical folding tool thing, but I almost never need just one tool or a small tool.

Watch, since I need to know the time more often than looking at my cell is convenient, wallet, and money. Pens and paper are usually nearby, so that's about it. GHB for each car, and pistols with extra magazines and more cash in safes in the vehicles.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#27]

I have that but I like the single output Viking Tactics version OP Tactical was selling more.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Not pictured: wallet, phone, hospital ID with keyring attached. I use the handle of borrowed scissors for stubborn IVs, and the belt clip of the pocket knife works as a bottle opener for medication vials.

Any bonus points for recognizing and copying the model of table OP used for his layout?

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My "weird" EDC item is a 3' mini tape measure. It has come in handy for a lot of things at work (engineering at a lighting equipment manufacturer) and at home. I wish it was a bit longer, I should look for 5' or 6' that has a thin tape.
View Quote

You might try one of these:

The rubberized case makes it a bit thicker than the 1/4" x 3' Stanley,  but this is an actual working tape with a 1/2" blade.  I have at least a half a dozen scattered around the house, shop, and truck.  Five bucks or less at Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It also serves as a secondary use. When I finish eating at La Carreta, I use it to gain access to remaining bits of food I have trapped in my mouth...
View Quote

Interesting that you have a la carreta in Florida. Thought it was just a east Tennessee chain.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Leatherman in backpack.

Sadly my EDC has really dropped off since 6 days a week I go to and from work then to bed several hours later.  No need to carry things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leatherman in backpack.

Cardiology III here as well. Streamlight stylus. Microtech utx. Zebra stainless pens. Fine point sharpie. Write in the rain notepad. Titanium clauss shears. I occasionally get a pager.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Cardiology III here as well. Streamlight stylus. Microtech utx. Zebra stainless pens. Fine point sharpie. Write in the rain notepad. Titanium clauss shears. I occasionally get a pager.
View Quote

The detent on my Card III is about deadlined and won't hold the bell in place. The diaphragms are also getting a little sketchy again, and I've done a diaphragm & earpiece replacement once already. Littmann doesn't list "fixing the ball bearing deep inside the swaged-together parts of the head" in their refurbishment service.

This replaced my old IISE that's retired to hanging in my closet after being a faithful companion through school and most of residency (until it was lost for the 3 months of my PGY4). Hopefully this one will limp along another few years.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The detent on my Card III is about deadlined and won't hold the bell in place. The diaphragms are also getting a little sketchy again, and I've done a diaphragm & earpiece replacement once already. Littmann doesn't list "fixing the ball bearing deep inside the swaged-together parts of the head" in their refurbishment service.

This replaced my old IISE that's retired to hanging in my closet after being a faithful companion through school and most of residency (until it was lost for the 3 months of my PGY4). Hopefully this one will limp along another few years.
View Quote

I've not had any issues with mine yet. It's about a year old now. I still have a iise that's in my truck kit. I sold my other one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine's pretty old. Someone gave it to me when my beloved prodigal Cardiology IISE was on milk cartons about 12 years ago, and it was already well broken-in by then. Between those 2 scopes, I don't know how many thousands of patients have been auscultated.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Jesus Christ!  Your car key is bigger than your knife, and almost bigger than your gun!  Do you drive a damn bulldozer to work?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ!  Your car key is bigger than your knife, and almost bigger than your gun!  Do you drive a damn bulldozer to work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ford seems to think that small keys make their owners feel inadequate. It's like a pocket bayonet. Right next to it is a standard size Kwikset house key.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Gun, flashlight, and tools have gotten smaller over the years.  Small as it gets.

Old edc.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:39:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not pictured: wallet, phone, hospital ID with keyring attached. I use the handle of borrowed scissors for stubborn IVs, and the belt clip of the pocket knife works as a bottle opener for medication vials.

Any bonus points for recognizing and copying the model of table OP used for his layout?

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/sleepdr/DF1F600C-FE53-4536-AC6C-E63A3AA9CE6F_zpsdcurhysx.jpg
View Quote

I like small lights. If the power goes out in the OR you can put a small light in your mouth and have both hands free.  We have the huge plastic POS 2 dollar flashlights in the OR but they are dim and unwieldy.  

Nice. I need to get a Christmasy OR cap.  I wear the lunch lady hat.

GE Aestiva machine and same clusterfuckery of cables and shit pouring out the back of monitor to get snagged on table and disconnected.  We've zip tied them etc. The special snowflakes find a way to fuck up the machines.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#42]

normal daily load out..
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Ford seems to think that small keys make their owners feel inadequate. It's like a pocket bayonet. Right next to it is a standard size Kwikset house key.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/sleepdr/D7C089EF-67CD-4BFD-A7D9-04A630F177FE_zps1pvjdgu9.jpg
View Quote

I see the problem.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I do my intra oral airway blocks with the light clenched in my teeth. Syringe in one hand, tongue blade in the other. I usually apologize in advance for gagging and drooling.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I see the problem.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/sleepdr/D7C089EF-67CD-4BFD-A7D9-04A630F177FE_zps1pvjdgu9.jpg

I see the problem.  

It's worth the hassle of a big key.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#46]

That top gun there; H&K?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Mini items on top of a bigger item?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a Klarus flashlight mi x5. (?) that uses a AAAA  battery. Something like 76 lumens.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Why you got a round loaded backwards?
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#50]

I like it!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top